Opinions on best weapons/advantages of each faction (no QQ please)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Shadøw., Jul 1, 2013.

1. Shadøw.

As the title says, what do you think each faction is best at as far as class weaponry, vehicles, or air.

I'll start things off by saying I think hands down that NC snipers are better than the other factions. The bullet trail on the default VS/TR snipers give position away and don't have the killing power that the NC rifle does. I can headshot all day long with my EM4 longshot.

The TR's Vulcan, I think, is an amazing weapon for them. If I see one I normally make that person my first target or ****. The killing power is just insane.

I'm not sure what all the VS weapons are called but one that kills me while I'm on the ground a lot is the heavy weapon that fires those balls of chaotic energy that hurt pretty bad. Also the PPA on the scythe hurts pretty bad.

From other factions, what seems to kill you the most or make you play more attentively if that weapon comes into play?
  2. Tristan

Except for the vulcan, I think almost everything you posted is incorrect.
    • Up x 1
  3. Shadøw.

By all means, elaborate. That's what this thread is for, post your opinion on the matter and state the weapons you like/dislike or what you think have the most killing power.
  4. Terrarion

snipers rifle in all factions are identical to each other in terms of stat?

advantagous stuff.. not considering opness
    nc vortek rotary/air hammer
    tr vulcan/striker
    vs zoe/maggrider
  5. TheRealMetalstorm

Reaver Vortek
    1. DPS: 100% of Vortek
    2. Proj. Velocity: 650m/s
    3. Certs required for 1 clip kill: 0
    4. Maximum certable clip increase: 35+10 rounds = ~30% increase
    5. Max. "Spare" rounds fraction: [ 45(max) - 35(gib) ] / [ 45(max) ] = 22% of mag can be missed to instagib ESF.
    6. Max. Burst length: [0.05s * [45-1]] = 2.64s
    7. Damage per Mag: 388 * 45 = 17460
    Scythe Turbolaser
    1. DPS: 95% of Vortek
    2. Proj. Velocity: 550m/s
    3. Certs required for 1 clip kill: 300 (lvl1 + lvl2)
    4. Maximum certable clip increase: 40+10 rounds = ~25% increase
    5. Max. "Spare" rounds fraction: [ 50(max) - 44(gib) ] / [ 50max) ] = 12% of mag can be missed to instagib ESF.
    6. Max. Burst length: [0.05s * [50-1]] = 2.45s
    7. Damage per Mag: 308 * 50 = 15400
    Mosquito M18
    1. DPS: 90% of Vortek
    2. Proj. Velocity: 650m/s
    3. Certs required for 1 clip kill: 700 (lvl1 + lvl2 + lvl3)
    4. Maximum certable clip increase: 50+10 rounds = ~20% increase
    5. Max. "Spare" rounds fraction: [ 60(max) - 57(gib) ] / [ 60(max) ] = 5% of mag can be missed to instagib ESF.
    6. Max. Burst length: [0.04 * [60-1]] = 2.36s
    7. Damage per Mag: 237 * 60 = 14220
    • Up x 1
  6. Jalek

So the weapon is the only difference between them. Awesome.
    • Up x 1
  7. TheRealMetalstorm

sorry, i don't understand you

reaver is in no way inferior to other ESFs other than yaw speed.
    cruise speed is of zero importance in a dogfight, so that difference is irrelevant.

other than hitbox size, I can't think of anything else.
  8. Cinnamon

Reaver also has better handling for close manoeuvres.
    • Up x 1
  9. LT_Latency

I am pretty sure the difference is the Reaver can kill without reloaded while the other have to reload once.

Could be wrong but i have heard tear about that before
    • Up x 1
  10. gigastar

This is because the NC start with a bolt action sniper rifle, and the others start with semi-auto rifles. It costs just 100 certs just unlock the equivalent to the Bolt Driver for VS/TR, and for NC to unlock the equivalent to the 9SSV/Spectre.

As can anyone using the RAMS.50 or Parallax. Theyre reskins of each other.
    • Up x 1
  11. gigastar

See this-

12. Caserion

The GOD Saw is a pretty great weapon, high damage per bullet and high accuracy on the first shot makes it like a battle rifle, while the gun can be used for close/medium ranges too.

I still believe the Saron and the enforcer are better weaponry than the Vulcan, for a few reasons:

1: the Vulcan DPS is only higher in closer situations, meaning you're screwed when using it on longer ranges.

2: The Saron and Enforer are still effective on longer ranges, especially the Saron with no bullet drop. The Enforcer starts lacking at a certain distance with it's bullet drop and it's crosshairs aren't made for long ranges either.

3: The Vulcan just cannot take down infantry further away than point blank, even after the Saron/Enforcer nerf, they're still better AI weapons

The Vulcan does excel in taking down air, but that is likely to change in nerfside 2.

Conclusion: i feel like the Enforcer and Vulcan should be faction switched. The Enforcer is like a spammable Halberd, being accurate with having a bit more bullet drop. The Vulcan is inaccurate and deals a lot of damage, seems more fitting for NC, doesn't it?

The Walker is a way better option than the ranger, it has range, it has damage and it has a high ROF AND it does damage against vehicles. What does the Ranger do? flak explosions, or something...

MBT main cannon:

AP and HEAT have a too high advantage above HE since the explosive range nerf. No one splashes infantry anymore unless they're behind cover. This is mostly true for the prowler, being enabled to fire 2 shots, all enabled to OHK if you're precise enough. I would say buff explosive range of HE to make it viable again.

-The first generation SMG is still not as good as the second generation...-

MAX-units

AV weaponry is too effective against infantry, not only the fractures. Comets and Falcons are incredibly dangerous, especially on medium/longer ranges. Being enabled to one or 2 shot you. I'm fine with the nerfing of the fractures AI wise, but then also do that for the Comets and Falcons. They're AV weapons, not AI. (On another note, NC, if you want a long range weapon, try the Falcon to one hit infantry or buy another one to shoot 2 infantry at the same time!).

ESRL:

I'm still going to complain about the Striker, sure it's OP, but it's not fun to use nor challenging. Sure, the Phoenix and the Lancer are not too strong, but they still introduce new tactics and need some skill or thought to use.

Sniper rifles:

Just let the Vanu and TR start with bolt-action snipers so they don't have to start with spending 100 certs on a bolt-action.

Those are all the balance issues i have a problem with, unlike poplar belief, Planetside 2 is fairly well balanced

*on a side note, HA shields are just too much and them throwing rockets at infantry is even more annoying...*
  13. Tekuila

Nah the Vulcan is incorrect too.

Only one that matters.
  14. TeknoBug

VS: Saron HRB, V-H45, Orion (though I prefer the SVA-88), Pulsar C, Lancer, Hailstorm Turbo laser

TR: MCG, TMG-50 (kinda), Jaguar, T1 Cycler, SABR-13, Striker, Prowler dual barrel (any round type), Vulcan, Banshee, Fracture, Marauder

NC: Gauss SAW, Bolt Driver (default freebie), Jackhammer (best shotgun now, use one if you don't believe me), Razor GD-23, GR-22, Enforcer ML85, Cyclone

Oh and PS- the PPA doesn't hurt, it sucks.
  15. Shadøw.

That's why for sniper rifles I said default. I realize the purchased ones are the same. Maybe it's just a mental thing, but I feel that the stats vs actual in game use of certain weapons are different.

I know my reaver skills are sub-par and I typically lose every dogfight I get into so I like hearing the thoughts/stats of every ESF. I am a much better lib/gal pilot and those are both certed out.

Along the same lines as Caserion, I do feel that the game is pretty well balanced. The different factions are better in certain situations. What it really comes down to is 1. Coordination and 2. Numbers.
  16. phungus420

The Striker significantly buffs the power of massed TR groups against vehicles. The Striker makes TR signficantly more powerful then other factions because it is incredibly overpowered and all groups of TR infantry will use the Striker on mass. Playing against TR or as them is a completely different game because of the Striker.

All other weapon systems have differences that people can debate endlessly, but the Striker rocket just breaks the game and is apparent to anyone who plays 4th faction because it's such an in your face effect that ruins any semblence of gameplay paraday.
  17. TheShrapnelKing

Now keep in mind I have experience only with NC weaponry as I put all my time into one soldier to cert him up more (ie I have no alts), so my impressions of TR and VS weapons are based purely off of Youtube videos and how it feels to fight them.

TR weapons like the Carv, Cycler and Jaguar are excellent CQB weapons, far better than the offerings I get. It requires a bit more finesse to out-shoot guns like that in close quarters as NC, so the TR are definitely the "room clearers".

Without a doubt, though, VS weapons are my favourite weapons in the game. Average damages (143 or 167) but controllable rates of fire and high accuracy mean that their weapons function well in many situations with ease, very noob-friendly (explains Mattherson).

NC certainly have the most diverse set of weaponry, meaning you can use many different styles of weapon. For example, for LMGs we have everything from the Vanu-esque GD22S to the Gauss SAW, an absolute beast of a machinegun at mid range, and very difficult to counter if used by a skilled player. Our ARs are everything from TR clones to the Reaper, the Jackhammer is now awesome, the Phoenix is awesome, and the Mag Shot is probably the best pistol in the game.
    • Up x 1
  18. Tristan

Have you actually used the vulcan since it was changed?
  19. Tekuila

Yup. It's right back to where it started except now the enforcer and saron are better off.
  20. Ivalician

NC snipers are pretty much the exact same as their counterparts. If anything, the VS snipers are better due to their all black camo scheme and lack of bullet drop on non-bolt action sniper rifles ( though iirc, to compensate, they have lower velocity ). I hear the Blitz is the best SMG though.

I play pure infantry, and overall, I'd have to say TR get the best small arms. I've said multiple times in the past, for me, the 750 RPM / 143 damage weapons always seem to hit the performance sweet spot. Admirable in CQB, not lacking at 50 m, and serviceable past ( just usually not worth the bullets ). TR has a bunch of these things, available to every class, and as the kicker? All non-LMG weapons in this category come with 10 extra rounds which provides the further advantage of greatly increasing maximum ammo carried. Seriously, VS and NC non-HA's should be buffed to carry one extra spare mag to bring them in line with TR infantry ( right now, TR carry 240 rounds, iirc, while NC / VS carry 180 rounds ).

But the overall difference is slight. Infantry small arms balance is getting to a decent place. The skill required to effectively operate with many NC weapons is still a bit higher, but overall, good.