Remove the 3rd passenger being able to repair Harasser!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sindz, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Phazaar

Yeah, and whilst we're at it, could with remove all the other things in game that require teamwork? Like... Oh wait... <_< >_>
  2. sindz

Everything beyond OP is always fun. But its not fun on the receving end.
    • Up x 1
  3. Zenith

No, no, let's allow every other crewed vehicle to be repaired on the go as well. Hey, here's an idea, let's give the ESF a two seat option, and the second guy can repair mid flight! Awesome team-work, and there's no way it will cause problems! :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  4. VSDerp

ya remove this BULLCRAP!
  5. NC_agent00kevin

And what vehicles is capable of making a Harasser retreat in 2 shots that is also capable of chasing it down?
    • Up x 1
  6. Drealgrin

like in battlefield with the scout chopper you would have a pilot/gunner and an engineer repairing. pretty funny
  7. Phazaar

A lot like Nanite auto-repair, just involving having a team mate working actively and thus being able to use it mid-battle. Fantastic idea. No really.

Would love to see that. Extra seats for people to do teamwork relating things like spotting, repairing etc. Bring it on, PLEASE. Anything that disadvantages people who choose not to play with team mates. And you're talking to someone who more or less exclusively flies an ESF and drives a Lightning nowadays.

1/1, 1/2, 1/3 should -always- be at a disadvantage to 2/2, 2/3, 3/3, otherwise why would anyone use something that required co-ordination, communication, team work?
  8. Zar

just shoot the guy in the back? hes not protected one good rocket or some esf rocket mag will end that poor bastard or if you have some skill use the nose gun i do it all the time xD
  9. NC_agent00kevin

So...2/2 Flash vs 1/1 Lightning and the win should go to the Flash.

Gotcha.
    • Up x 1
  10. GhostAvatar

Personally I don't think that the composite armor is that big an issue compared to other attributes. Nor do I feel that directional armor is the way forward. Directional armor doesn't really fit the intended usage of the vehicle. While tanks should fit the role of medium to long range bombardment (something a lot of people fail to realise, then cry when it gets blow up while close up in a base, trying to farm kills), the Harasser it a vehicle designed for quick strikes and then bugging out. All round armor is what is required for such a task of harassment (especially the way the vehicle handles).

What I find is the real issue is that there is no real hard counter to such a vehicle. This is reflected in the damage multipliers for certain weapons. Lowering the armor values or changing it to directional isn't going to give it a hard counter. All that is going to do is open up lucky shots or make everything a soft counter to it. What needs to be done is add in the damage multipliers for AV and AP weapons. Then you will have a counter in dedicated vehicle hunters. The same way that people pull AA if air becomes a problem, people will pull AV and AP weapons when the Harassers become a problem. At the moment you are getting people pulling AP Lightnings to try and deal with them, only to get there *** chewed up and spat out by the Harasser. This should not be the case.

A Harasser with a Halberd or Empire AV weapon.
    • Up x 1
  11. G3arfried

OR make its armor upgrade weaker so it cant tank like a mofo.
    • Up x 1
  12. Van Dax

Well it does negate the auto repair as an armour slot, so yes it does need removal.
    • Up x 1
  13. Hawkerased

Really? Just shoot the guy repairing... You have to be on flat terrain, or you need to be repairing the vehicle side that is inclined, it's not a simple task. And as a harasser gunner, I kill other harassers all the time.

The only people who whine about this are people in ESFs.
  14. Hawkerased

The ***** in the armor is that you have to be in the rumble seat. I think the rumble seat in general is useless except for repairing. Honestly, who designs a "rumble'' seat that has absolutely no cover?
  15. Phazaar

;) Good boy. I approve entirely of this misinterpretation :)
  16. LoneMaverick

Whining about one of two vehicles that actually require teamwork? Give me a break.

The Harasser is fine, if you are getting farmed by it, it is your fault. By now most people should know 98% of Harassers run Turbo/Composite, guess what that makes them very vulnerable to? Tank Mines! And you actually get to use them as mines!

If you got a Harasser harassing you at a base, take just a moment to watch his route, then mine one of his lanes, he will die shortly afterwards.

Repairing from the 3rd seat is not an issue, because if you're doing so under fire more than likely whoever is in the suicide seat is going to die, also repairing from that seat while going fullspeed and doing any type of turning is nearly impossible to find the sweet spot.
  17. TheBillOf3D

The harassers have managed to bring tank mine spamming back. Although getting composite armor plus the equivalent of buff nanite repair at the same time is cheesy.
  18. Messaiga

What I would do is I would:
    • Remove Composite Armor as a cert upgrade, refund all those people who certed into it, and keep the Aesthetics of Composite Armor on the Harasser by default because it looks cool.
    • Increase default Harasser armor on all sides from 37% damage reduction to 49% damage reduction, meaning to find the damage something deals you multiply it by 0.51. (This is equivalent to composite armor level 2, level 4 is what made it too tanky).
    • Add the "AP" damage type to the Harasser, meaning that anything classified as an "AP" weapon (All Tank AP Turrets) will have it's damage multiplied by 1.3x. (It is 1.2x for MBT's and Lightnings, I say 1.3x on a Harasser so that the strongest AP weapon available, the Vanguard Titan-150 AP, can kill a Harasser in 2 shots since it also has the slowest reload speed of all AP weapons).
    • Add a few new certlines, one would be an upgrade that makes the Harasser completely resistant to small arms fire (50 certs to unlock). Another would make the "AP" damage bonus that Tank AP Turrets have multiply by 1.0 instead of 1.3, essentially removing the "AP" damage bonus, meaning that most AP Turrets will require 1 more shot to kill a Harasser, as far as I know this would make Vanguard AP a 3HKO (from a 2HKO), the Magrider AP would remain a 3HKO as it is to a Harasser without this upgrade, Lightning AP would be a 4HKO from a 3HKO, and Prowler AP would stay at a 4HKO (2 reloads) as it is to a Harasser without this upgrade (100 certs to unlock).
    This makes the Harasser less tanky while also offering it upgrade options to reduce/remove some slight nuisances. If you got AP Cannons, HEAT Cannons, or AV weapons with fast projectile speeds then you should have an easy time destroying harassers.
  19. KenDelta

Well then , add iron-plating and make it immune to bullets.
  20. NC_agent00kevin

So the only vehicle that should be able to contend with a Harasser is another Harasser, right?