What do Noobs do that Annoy You?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PrecentralGyrus, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Garbageman

I don't know that it's only noobs doing it, but it certainly seems noobish:
    When you're being spawn camped by enemy at some small base, but you have clear lines of fire out through the shield, and enemies are all around, and...
    (1) some people don't realize that they can fire through the shield from the inside, and try the jump-out-and-fire-and-jump-back-in trick, which typically gets them killed, and just gets in the way of everyone else, and
    (2) when you picked a spot not blocking the door, and are crouched there, not moving so as not to block anyone else, aiming down sight, just waiting for an enemy to stick their head out, and the other players just cannot stay in one place, jump back and forth in front of the door, and jump in front of you just as you fire.
  2. Vanon

walk infront of my bullets, trash talk, stalk you, run in the middle of the road, run directly infront of tanks, park infront of vehicle spawns, throw nades in door ways only to have them bounce back to your position, C4ing an enemy infilitrator in a group of friendlys.....

But my #1 is easy. Trying to fly a plane in the warp gate, causing gal's and libs to flip. Look if you can't fly, and want to learn, go to VR. We all know how to hover upside down with an ESF. Your showing off of your limited skills does not impress us, especially when you don't have enough skills to simply move out of the way or not land and try to take off under a lib/gal's wing.
  3. Chris Bingley

As there's eleven pages of posts I'm not going to bother reading them all, I'll just point out some of the stuff that drives me to rage. If I've forgotten something I'll add another post.

1) Medics with low level heal guns not healing you after they revive you (note doesn't count if they trying to pick up a whole bunch of people).

2) People standing in front of my Sniper, Mana turret, lockdown MAX, or running in front of me whilst I'm firing in order to steal the kill.

3) People destroying terminals in a base that we're attacking.

4) People repairing terminals in a base we're defending.

5) Medics and engineers who run into the fight rather than supporting the squad.

6) Medics who don't heal themselves, but cry out for healing instead.

7) Engineers who cry out for ammo (because they have mines/C4/healing kits equipped).

8) People who hide behind shields (like in a spawn room), to protect their KDR.

9) People who don't protect sunderers.

10) People who park sunderers too far away so you get farmed trying to get to the base.

11) Squad/platoon leaders who don't put down way-points.

12) People using /yell for tactical information (although, misinformation is fun).
    • Up x 2
  4. P4NJ

One thing that really annoys me, especially after the resource increase, is people who spawn their vehicles on top of mine. Sometimes the only place where I can retreat my tank to is inside the tech plant vehicle spawn, and there's another one that's completely free. Bonus points if they do it while I'm deploying my Sunderer inside an enemy amp station that just had its shields repaired...
  5. ComradeHavoc

The horrid amounts of suicide bombers using c4/AT mines. Oh god.... the LA with c4 make them stop!
  6. Rogueghost

I assure you, its only a suicide run if I run out of jet fuel in midflight.
    • Up x 4
  7. Caserion

1: Not experienced enough to take down anything, pretty much being free XP for the enemy

This, while

2: Being stupid enough to stand in the way and just make it harder for us

That's why i always go to areas with zero allies...
    • Up x 1
  8. Chris Bingley

I can't be bothered waiting for the bricks to arm (or whatever the delay is caused by) I just shoot them. I do the same with tanks mines. Both are definite suicides, but give a massive boost to my SPM.

Suicide rushing is often necessary, if your enemies are in anyway competent they'll be guarding and repairing the sunderer and it will be behind cover, meaning that you'll have no other way to take it out. In these situations, mass suicide rushes are the only way to save a base. Take them out and the strategy of of the game turns into sunderer chess.
  9. hihihilolHI

Dying to c4, the crying on the forums to nerf it.
    • Up x 1
  10. Neckaru

As has been mentioned often, my pet peeves are simple and varied.

First and foremost belongs to that special sect of people that refuse to repair Sunderers. Why bother repairing it, right guys? Gotta' go right to K/D!

Secondly is the aberrant squad / platoon leader that refuses to put down or frequently update waypoints. Why bother taking responsibility of a squad if you're going to be a lazy nut?

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, is crowned to those delicious members of the New Conglomerate that - for whatever reason - must stand or walk in front of me when I'm obviously SHOOTING A GUN AND OR TURRET.
    • Up x 2
  11. Bill Hicks

Not using the guass saw.
  12. Bill Hicks

Best post in months
  13. RHINO_Mk.II

Actually, it was made months ago. But....
  14. Zenith

Friendlies who seem hell bent on jumping in front of my gun... as I'm firing it. I don't stop shooting for anyone. :D
  15. Bill Hicks

best post I read in months.
    • Up x 1
  16. Pikachu

When someone deploys a sunderer 10m in front of the big opening of an enemy spawn room. Then tries to repair it instead of moving it while his friends repair it. Sunderer did not survive. Happened today.
  17. Zar

they think they are good and make posts on the forums calling people noobs >.>.
  18. AntonioAJC

People that do that are not noobs dude, we do what the other don't want to, and that is, rush in and destroy that sunderer/max/cluster of infantry no matter the cost.

Oh, let's see, noob activity... Spouting ignorance about a faction without reading the lore in chat on /y. This really annoys me.
    • Up x 1
  19. MrForz

Allies shooting me because their trigger finger is itching. And when I mean shooting, it's often drop pods or lib turrets.
  20. Kadesh

You know, there's a reason why real armies don't allow their soldiers to pick and choose uniforms. Sometimes that split second of camo recognition is enough to get you killed. But then again, this is Planetside, the anarchists playground :)
    • Up x 1