Remove the 3rd passenger being able to repair Harasser!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sindz, Jun 30, 2013.

1. sindz

Yes. As stated remove this function, its beyond ********. The harasser is sturdy enough, doesnt need to be able to repair while going 100km/h.
    • Up x 26
  2. Tekuila

Agreed. Prepare to be flamed.
    • Up x 3
  3. sindz

People can flame all they want, there is not a single good reason for this vehicle to be able to be repaired on the go in its current form!
    • Up x 1
  4. Tekuila

Makes them especially invulnerable to esf's as well.
  5. Wezdor

Here is a better idea; make it so that you can't switch seats between 2 and 3 unless you exit the vehicle.

If the guy on seat 3 dies, no more repairing. If the gunner goes out and into seat 3, he can't gun wihtout stopping.

Problems solved!
    • Up x 8
  6. Tekuila

Or just make it so they cannot repair, that's a lot easier.
    • Up x 6
  7. Izriul

I quite like this idea.

I'm in 2 minds about the whole thing, I mean, it's not such a terrible mechanic, and it's quite fun. Unique in a way (stolen from BF though). It is also intended as stated by the dev's in a previous patch note.

That said, it's a very powerful ability, especially for that vehicle. Wasn't there talk about making MBT's 3 man so the driver can't shoot? If so, that would end up making them worse than harassers since I doubt that you'd be able to repair them on the move, you'd still need 3 people to gun as a 2/3 would have the same DPS, just a slower, bigger more expensive target.

In an above average players hands, it can make the vehicle for more effective for taking out tanks.

Hell, you could even have it so when it's on fire the person in the rumble seat gets burned.
  8. phreec

I could understand the repairing if the vehicle wasn't made of adminium. That thing can take more hits than a damn Lightning...
    • Up x 9
  9. sindz

Exactly.
  10. Kevorkian

Yes, there's a reason Harassers are the preferred ground vehicle at the moment.
  11. ToggleSwitch

A step in the right direction...

Even it's tires and windshields are more durable than the lightning's armor. Wonder what SOE was thinking. And anything that can travel that fast, take the hits it does, has to have some sort of composite armor going for it. C'mon SOE..... let's spread this new ultrafast - lightweight - damn near invulnerable - armor around abit.

On a serious note... SOE needs to tone down the Harasser. The Harasser is ridiculous as it is.
    • Up x 4
  12. rayvon

Only if its fully certed, and the lightning isnt.
  13. Playful Pony

I concur, no vehicle should be repairable while you are in it. It gives the harasser an unfair advantage, something it certainly doesn't need in its current form. A passangers ability to repair should be removed as soon as possible.

Well, let's at least try to keep our facts straight. The Lightning has 3000 HP against the Harassers 2500. The Lightning also has significantly better front, side and top armor, while having significantly worse rear armor (none, actually!). The Harasser can also be damaged by small arms, something the Lightning cannot. The Harasser is certainly not a bad vehicle, but it does NOT take more hits than a Lightning. That's not factual, and I think we should keep things proper for these discussions or we end up in a pointless and faulty argument that can't go anywhere...
  14. ToggleSwitch

Doesn't matter, one or two AP rounds from an uncerted lightning ought to be able to, at the very least, disable it (or slow it down).

If the Harasser has any vulnerabilities, they're sure as hell hard to find and hit.
  15. KnightCole

Yeah, the Harraser is a bit crazy tough. It should take 2 MBT HEAT before it dies. Maybe 3 HA Rockets......

Though it should be fairly durable vs infantry fire...

Having auto repair feature in the rumble seat...yeah, thats a bit much...

Maybe make the rumble seat view so that it can only view out the back 90 degrees of the vehicle and not 360. Though I dont like that idea either. Guess tehre is no way to really stop it besides maybe not allowing anyone to switch to anything but their primary weapon while in the back. Primary and secondary weapon? Rockets and Rifles? Grenade launchers and machineguns? If there is a way.
  16. Regpuppy

The main problem with the harasser is that it doesn't have directional armor. Hitting it in the rear is just like hitting it from the front. Meaning it sacrifices nothing when it circles a target to hit its weaker armor. With this in mind, I'd much rather a harasser be inherently tougher than it is but remove it's composite armor upgrade. Because, according to stats, the composite armor DOES make it much tankier than most tanks. It basically gives it the same armor value as the front of the lightning, but to ALL directions of the harasser without a huge sacrifice in health. No, no upgrade to the lightning can match this.

Even if it is a two man vehicle, it's armor ends up outclassing the lightnings. The speed pushes it over the top and makes it the favored vehicle on the battlefield right now. It is much harder to hit, it is as tough as a lightning when you deck it out, and it has respectable firepower against vehicles or infantry when you deck it out.
    • Up x 1
  17. Playful Pony

An uncerted lightning with AP gun needs 3 shots to kill a harasser. 2 shots comes close to lighting it on fire, but not quite there. I don't think 3 shots is all that bad! The Lighnings HEAT gun also does it in 3 shots, but doesn't come as close to setting it on fire with the first 2.

The Harasser does NOT have any weakspots, it has the same armor all over. The lightning has significantly better front, side and top armor, but suffers by having NO armor at its rear. I'm not going to comment on it being OP or not, just providing the facts for you!

I hear you. Personally I wouldn't at all mind the harasser losing the composite armor upgrade (I actually drive mine without anyway!). It is more than capable as is... What it perhaps should have instead is just the oportunity to buy front, side, top or rear armor so that any harasser driver could chose a side to upgrade rather than getting one that works for all sides.
    • Up x 1
  18. Regpuppy

Even that would be a lot more acceptable than things are now. Currently full composite brings all sides to 61% armor. Even certing out the lightning does not help it beat this huge of an advantage. Added to that, the gunner can swap seats and repair on the move. Making that 500 difference paltry. (I know you know the stats, but stating this for everyone)

Even looking at its default stats, I think it needs to be knocked down 500 health, rear armor brought to zero, and composite armor be scrapped. I'm ok with minor directional armor boosts instead like tanks have though. Even though anything but side armor would just be humoring that guy that likes picking upgrades others don't. :p
  19. ToggleSwitch

Since the lightning cannot fit all 3 armor types at once, it's resulting vulnerabilities are pretty much out in the open to the quickness and agility of the Harasser. I guess the 'Harasser' pretty much lives up to it's name.

Also, the 500 HP difference is almost obliterated when the rate of fire and fast traveling ammo (with seemingly pin-point accuracy) of a fast moving, composite armor laden, fully certed, 3manned, oversized dune buggy comes shootin at ya first.

Ever try and hit one with a AP shell., and forget about using vipers on em.

I'm not saying nerf it, but something needs to be changed.

Oh, and by the way...small arms fire ... yea right... there's a real game changer. :rolleyes:
  20. ToggleSwitch

Wrong, I've gone up against Harassers and hit em with AP rounds and got em to smoke after the 3rd shot, got em to burn after the 4th. Of course I was trying to find their weak spots.... but hitting one particular spot on a moving vehicle - with an AP round - is a feat in it self.