What have you done with my air gameplay

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DrazahNede, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Nargot

And you need 350 ressources.... or you simply can not fight an airunit in smaller outposts. Oh except lockon-launchers, surprise.

This dear pilots is just the logical consequence.
  2. holycaveman

And is why I have no problem at all. The lol max was over the top. I will take and avoid lock ons all day.
  3. Meeka

I'll be the first to say it...

Learn to fly.

Maneuver so you can't easily be locked onto to... fly stealth so you are harder to spot and harder to lock... and finally, if they get a successful lock, outrun or outmaneuver the missile... A2A missiles are incredibly dumb and I don't have a very sharp turning radius. You can easily outmaneuver and sometimes, even outrace A2A missiles.

It might not take much skill to use a lock on weapon, but it takes skill to out fly one... and I guess you guys just don't have what it takes to survive in the sky. So retire, let the better pilots take your place.
    • Up x 2
  4. PhilDun

Expect to see more lockons on this game gets watered down for PS4 users.
  5. FateJH

That's the problem. The weapon does require aiming - five seconds of aiming, about three to four times normal Infantry TTK. All that aiming happens before the missile is fired, however, and then the rocket is self-guided. The alternative is everything is guide-by-wire (GbW) but I think that'd be even worse for pilots because then they'd have no idea until they were swarmed with rockets. Additionally, if the GbW Engineer AV turret has proved anything, some people have far too good aim from too great a distance, almost to the point where it seems as if they must be cheating.

Personal note: adjusting mouse DPI on the fly skirts cheating in my book and you'll find it hard to convince me otherwise. I will not formally complain about it, however.
  6. Zenith

This.

I'm not a superb pilot, but even I can avoid them most of the time, and when I don't it's generally my fault.

War's a *****. Deal with it, or get out.
  7. Sharpe

I used to think exactly like you when I played TR up to BR 83.
    Then I rolled an NC and fought TR.
    • Up x 1
  8. TeknoBug

HAHA yes, MAX AA lockons, count on it!
  9. Cab00se187

What they should be doing is not allowing lock ons inside spawn rooms. and Increasing the lock on timer. You say it's cheap and cheesy but if you have to wait to get that lock on you have a higher chance of getting shot
  10. Tekuila

Oh yea cause flying at that omg blitz speed of 300 kph is just a blur.

Also lock ons just need their range reduced and their fuel lowered to 200m.
  11. Patrician

But they are using their brains; they're making use of the most effective AA available. PS2 is about killing the enemy the quickest and most efficient way possible. Since the Burster nerf lock-on launchers fill that roll.
  12. Rebelgb

Was on outskirts of BIO with 2 other heavies when we were hit with a 2 Sunderer 4 Tank zerg by NC trying to take the launch point (whatever you call the area where you ride the magic lifts up to the air platforms). Using our 3 Strikers we cleared it out in about 4 minutes. There may have been an Engi helping out with a turret but otherwise it was just us.

True story.

Love my Striker....

Never die to A2G Lockons in my Mosq. I will die to A2A from time to time but no biggie.
  13. LonelyTerran

Sounds like you want skyguards to be the only half-decent AA unit.
    You should try WarThunder
  14. Rebelgb

This game is such a mind f$$$ sometimes.

Hated ESF's when they could 1 or 2 shot my tank in the rear.
    Hated ESF's when they lolpoded me constantly as Infantry.

Now they do neither to me.

Yet I use my Striker and kill them in one clip now....AND I actually feel sorry for them.
  15. Bhoot

My view is I'll stop locking on to and killing aircraft when they stop swarming and trying to get mass kills on infantry.Until then infantry needs some way to keep you flyers away and I'm a big fan of those lovely lock on launchers, can't beat that feeling of watching that aircraft that's just blitzed aload of infantry going up in smoke after I've hit it with a striker or one of my other launchers. Very satisfying.
  16. GSZenith

still isn't dogfight sim 2213.
    you should play warthunder instead.
    http://warthunder.com/
    oh and it is free.
  17. Jonesing25

In this case, remove C4 and land mines also
  18. Meeka

That's good, but I play all three factions; biggest threat to air now is Skyguards; very rare that I encounter multiple lock ons unless I'm flying in the stupid of airspace (a couple hundred meters off the ground). Fly low, or fly high. Never fly middile.
  19. St0mpy

rubbish, only if someone else hit them first
  20. Zoner

The aircraft utility slot needs to be balanced. Right now it looks like this

1) waste of 850 certs (radar)
    2) mandatory 1800 certs (flares)
    3) waste of 500 certs (ejection)
    4) waste of 380 certs (fire suppression)

Also, stealth should probably do something like make lock ons miss some (decent) percentage of the time, and lockons should have some base miss/misfire rate.