[Video] Dome Shield Review - What you can do or cant do

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Davelantor, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Zenith

This 100%. A far better solution.
    • Up x 1
  2. xen3000

I love this idea and fully support it! It adds sub-objectives to a base assault and provides a balancing tool for Devs in regards to drop-pods.

The base shields are not in and of themselves a bad concept, it is really dependent on what rules are a applied to it. One way shooting for AA only would not be that bad as long as the visibility distortion is enough to prevent consistent long range accuracy. Small arms and infantry pass-ability would allow Gal drops to still happen. Depends how they are implemented, they really are just a new tool for the Devs.
  3. Mrasap

Yes. My post was directed at those who were shooting down the the dome altogether instead of giving feedback on the current implementation. Just because the dome is currently in a bad state doesn't make it bad altogether.
    • Up x 1
  4. searcher8

I stand by my previous stance that Dome shields could turn out alright, just as long as infantry can pass through the shield unobstructed (this has the added benefit of making Galaxy Drops more important), the dome can be disabled by destroying a generator that is inside the base, and if the devs change the area that the dome covers, so that friendly aircraft are still able to use the base's landing pads.
    • Up x 1
  5. LonelyTerran

The domes wouldn't be necessary if it they didn't make AA ineffective.

Yay domes
    One more thing
    **** Lolpodding Esf's
    • Up x 1
  6. Mrasap

I agree. Also, fix the bug where you sometimes take damage while going out of the dome and make the dome stop damage from both ways. This way, I think the domes can be a great addition to the game.
    • Up x 1
  7. SuperTrooperWaterloo

who needs this? noone. feels like the scythe mechanic fits much better with this than the mossi and reaver.

rly those things will destroy the infantry-tank-air battle.

what i could imagine with those things is that the shields arent permanent. add a terminal in the spawn room with a dome shield button (or a new leader cert option). only platoon leaders should be able to activate the shields and they should stay about 5-10 minutes with a cooldown after.
    • Up x 1
  8. searcher8

As an addendum to my previous post, if for some reason SOE isn't able to change the dome so it no longer blocks air pads, I would still support the dome shield if they made it so that friendly aircraft are also able to pass through the shield unobstructed.
  9. Jackalmaster

Looks like a cheap fix to an issue that doesn't exist anymore. And even if it does exist its an UNFINISHED FIX!

Not to mention this is just creating semi-bio-farms. Bio-labs are so broken that its not even funny!

I'll be really upset if this is released and the following dont work properly:
    1. Air units exit the shield without the risk of losing your vehicle(especially if you are doing gal/lib pick-ups)
    2. Drop pods cannot go through shields
    3. Snipers can shoot into the shield - This one is big because this was mentioned when you guys made this announcement on one of your stream shows(and Im not a sniper)
    Stop rushing **** and get it working properly before you indirectly ruin other parts of game!
  10. OldMaster80

That's probably what devs wanted to achieve: ESF and Liberators won't be able to get close and bomb the ground.

The realt s**t is that I don't see any generator to overcharge in this video.