[TWC] Infiltration Assignments, Week one.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Ztiller, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Ztiller

Let's give this a shot, shall we. This is an attempt to develop this forum from just the regular complaining, into something constructive and productive. We know the Devs don't come here, so we'll have to help eachother.

Every Friday, if the interest is there, i'll post a challenge to the Infiltrator community. I'll try to keep it creative and balanced, catering to both low tier, top tier, Long-range Snipers and CQC Infiltrators.

Once you have completed the task, you simply make a small post here with a summary of how it went, and what you think could improve.

If you have a Computer to handle it, posting Videos is strongly encouraged to help other players.

--------------------------

Le'ts start it off with some basics, to feel the water of the community.

The Weekly Challenge

First challenge:

Target: Watchtower

Challenge: Infiltrate a Watchtower with no less than 24 enemy soldiers.

Survive behind enemy lines for at least 5 minutes

Achieve a Killstreak of:

Beginner: 10 kills
    Intermidiate: 20 kills
    Advanced: 30 kills
    Top-Tier: 40 kills.

Weapon and equipment is of personal preference.

MBTs and Sunderers are worth 5 kills each, Driver killed or ejected is irrelevant.

Lightnings and Harrassers are worth 4 kills, Driver killed or ejected is irrelevant.

AV-MANA Turret Engineers are each worth 2 points.

I recommend using Medical Kits for this one. You will need to stay alive for quite some time, and the AP mines will not net you a lot of progress.

---

And remember, if you fail, sit down and think about what YOU did wrong. Were you too greedy? Too eager? Did you stay too long in one spot? Did you attempt to infiltrate from a poor angle? That's the way to improve.

Le'ts try to keep off-topic bickering to a minimum, and stick to business.
    • Up x 7
  2. Bobbyrewdas

What makes you think this class is about Killstreaks? Instead of lone wolf "Heehee KD" we can

-Hack turrets and Call Light Assaults over the wall.
    -Highlight the entire inside of a base with our Recon Darts.
    -Q-Spot Enemies undetected.
    -Hack Vehicle Terminals to spawn forward Sunderers.
    -Use the highlighted Base to find a safe place for your Sunderers.
    -Let the Lighties use the turrets you hacked to clear away Enemy Air and Allow yours to Dominate the Sky.
    -Let the Lighties Clear out ambushing Armor Columns.
    -Lock down Important objectives with the Bouncing Betties.
    -Use EMP Grenades to soften up a room.
    -Use Decoy Grenades to pull Enemies away from the Generator long enough to sneak in and drop Betties, allowing you to overload it.
    -Clear enemy Explosives out from behind Walls with the EMP Grenade.
    -Suicide yourself into Poorly placed Enemy AP Mines, taking the Enemy out with you.

But you want bloody Killstreaks. If an infiltrator does his job right, the Siege shouldn't last another Five Minutes.
  3. Ztiller

Like i said, we start with the Basics. I will add more interesting challenges later (I have quite a few thought out), but first i just want to see what the community level is at.
  4. Amouris

Yelling at the top of your lungs =/= undetected.
    • Up x 1
  5. Bobbyrewdas

Giant Battle =/= Soundproof box Based Infiltrator Search.
  6. Ztiller

7. AnuErebus

By watchtowers we're talking things like Regent Rock, Crossroads, Crown, Indar Excavation and the like? If so, sounds like a good starting point, most infiltrators should have plenty of experience with this sort of thing and those that don't should learn how great tower farms can be.
  8. OldMaster80

That's "the basic" but it's till very challenging. Infiltrating a watchtower with no less than 24 soldiers using the Hunter Camo Device and surviving for at least 5 minutes is a hard task (basically because Hunter is not meant to be an infiltration tool).
  9. Ztiller

Well, the key lies in the killing. Just sitting around for 5 minutes is not very hard, if you manage to get inside. However, the more people you kill, the more will be looking for you.
  10. Rudmed

Interesting....I'm gonna record it and put it up here.

That is assuming the enemy faction lets me get my foot in the door.
  11. Granderil

challenge accepted :cool:
  12. Get2dachoppa

Good, I need to rack up some more kills with my V10 to get another auraxium medal.
  13. Arkos

+1 for challenges idea. I'm already trying to figure out how to tackle this one...which weapon to use,,,
  14. Karbine-Mthersn

I'd suggest cutting down the killstreak numbers, or allowing a limited amount of deaths within the 5 minute window... even 20 kills means you'll have to resupply several times due to lack of ammunition. Not to mention that in many cases eating a death to take out 2 or 3 guys quickly is far more effective than playing it too safe, and allows you to resupply. Just a thought.
  15. Get2dachoppa

You may have to slot for extra ammo or put your pistol/knife to use to reach the higher tiers. Or if you're lucky, access the infantry terminal on the bottom floor but that would be pretty risky.

Let me ask for clarification....do you mean solely inside the multi-level Watchtower building itself? Or anywhere in the general area since some places like the Crown or the Bastion cover a wider area and multiple buildings?
  16. Hoki

This would have been possible before scout radar and empire specific cloak sounds.

If anyone with inf experience is in that tower, you're party will be over very quickly.

I know where you drop mines. I know where you hide. I've got unlimited scan darts to use, and I can switch to LA at any time.
  17. Dr. Euthanasia

You only have to survive for 5 minutes. The kills can take longer, although it would probably go against the spirit of this challenge to simply sit around waiting for the right amount of time to pass in a safe location.

My outfit does ops on Fridays, so if I can find the right situation, I'll start keeping track.
  18. Get2dachoppa

Already lasted 18 minutes with a 28 killstreak in Jaeger's Crossing. Ran out of sniper rifle ammo and was killed...by friendly fire. :(

I think I can do better, but I took a few screenshots just in case I don't. Would have hit 30 if it wasn't for a few nanoweave users *shakes fist*
    • Up x 1
  19. A 59 c

I think some of us are better at this game than others.
    My NC character just dropped onto a tower, got one scrappy body shot kill + one knife kill before getting blow away then logging out again in shame :(
    Perhaps my TR dude will have more luck...
  20. LeopoldXIV

Want to work with me on this one? I will be posting "daily challenges" from time to time, and maybe we could make "elite" challenge once in a while.