So I got an SMG and it sucks. Is there any way to make it suck less?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Badname3073, Jun 27, 2013.

1. ironeddie

I use the eridiani sx5 found this SMG to be my best weapon the one I've settled into. I only hip fire & only play CQC. Longer range enemies or snipers I try to flank & get in close. The small clip & high rate of fire is both blessing & a curse but I have my commissioner & force blade to fall back on. I get many kills playing like this.
  2. Badname3073

I am not trolling anyone. I thought I was going to pwn everyone with an SMG, and it turns out it is worse than eigher a Pulsar or a shotgun. I installed silencer on it, it's even worse than it was before. Looks like people are not dying simply because they have no idea I am shooting at them.
  3. Phazaar

Have you tried shooting him in the head?
  4. Booface

SMGs are no good outside of, say, 20-30m. If you are further than that, do not shoot. All you will do is draw attention to yourself. (Exception is if you see somebody who's already hurt; if you are not very good at situational awareness, do not try to make that assumption.)

Inside that range, hipfire at head level.

If you're using infiltrator (everyone seems to be assuming you are), keep in mind that infiltrators have less health than any of the other classes. You will rarely win face-to-face slugfests unless you're just way better than the other person. The SMG is there not to allow you to fight other classes head on. It's there to give you a weapon that can go on long kill streaks before reloading when you sneak up on a group in close quarters. If you're not shooting most folks in the back, then you're doing it wrong.
  5. Badname3073

I play Light Assault. I thought SMG would be like a shotgun, only with more range. Turns out it is barely better than a pistol.

Anyway, back to pulsar. What a waste of certs, if I only knew.
  6. Tasp

SMG sucks?!
    My suggestions

1) try a shotgun
    2) try a tank with HE rounds
    3) try a liberator in non-contested skies with a zephyr and an enemy sunderer spawning troops directly below you..

If you can't get kills with an SMG I think you should go play something other than an FPS.....
  7. Shoza Nakh

Try <10 meters distance. SMG is close range weapon, after all, and in such close range it devastates. Then I equipped Cyclone first few times I had big problems shooting from carbine effective ranges. Just get as close as possible and SMG will outgun anything in this game except shotguns, maybe.
  8. Badgerific

Sirius is an absolute beast in CQC. Insane rate of fire and big enough clip will cut down anything, it'll even cut the grass in your backyard if needed. Probly best certs spent I've spent for anything.

Biolabs, tower bases or any section closed in enough is heaven for this SMG. Don't go using it in the open though ofc after all it's not meant for that.

If your have trouble aiming it or using it in right situations, practice makes perfect. If you thought this weapon will have autolock nuke button you thought wrong.
  9. (-)IONS

I play infil and get owned fairly often with the hailstorm as well however after reading this thread I think Ive been trying to use it from too far out. On the other hand I have been pretty successful with it when its been equipped to my engineer which I only ever use if driving or other situations where my certed infil or MAX are not viable. I even checked one day to make sure it was the same gun I was using lol. Picked up some good tips in here though cheers.
  10. CaptainRobust

I use the extended mag and soft point bullets. I don't find the laser dot to add enough to justify having it over more bullets to spew at enemies. Sneak up close enough that every bullet will connect and you'll be making people cry in no time.
  11. tralalog

i use the blitz gd with compensator or suppressor, sp ammo, grip, and ir or 1x reflex
  12. Ganelon

Armistice rocks, that 896 RPM.
  13. Roy Teppert

You have probably the best smg in the game. It's not the gun that's the problem here...