I'm upset I have to buy a pump-action.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by moooosa, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Lambchopz

Agreed.

Also OP, you don't "have" to buy anything. I understand it's frustrating when a weapon you enjoy using gets nerfed. Personally I think it's pretty balanced as is. Before auto-shotguns were, for the most part, straight up better then pump actions, whereas now they are sidegrades of eachother. They act very differently but whether or not they work for you is going to depend largely on playstyle. That's how it should be.
    • Up x 1
  2. Udnknome

The auto-shotty is still viable, you just have to actually aim it now. They've upped the skill curve on the weapon and most of the shots go to the center of the crosshair. Basically, if you switch to slugs and get used to that, you'll find the auto-shotty more capable. (though slugs do less damage at close range than standard)
  3. Snoozzzer

Guy runs into a room
    "Crap! Fire"
    Guy was slightly too far away. Attacker is opening fire while defender is cycling his pump.
    "Take thi-"
    Defender is gunned down before getting off another round.

This story is repeated many times by all sorts of players with pumps. If the above defender had an auto shotgun, he would have gotten 3-4 rounds into the attacker in the time it takes to fire and reload the pump, killing the attacker with health remaining. When your target is within range however, and you land all the buckshot into the other's chest, then yeah, pump is awesome and will oneshotkill, no damage taken
  4. LevonVeldspar

I'm still having a lot of success as LA with my Piston. I find that firing in 3 round bursts keeps the balance between bloom and RoF tolerable. Of course you get screwed sometimes by the random nature of pellet spread but just as often you end up getting good hits and some headshot damage. Its just an unavoidable fact you have to deal with in one way or another no matter which of the 3 shotgun styles you choose.
  5. Shoza Nakh

Some time ago it was every second LA with PA Shotgun, now it maybe 1 of 20, I think pumps not a problem anymore.
  6. moooosa

It is easier to aim. Trust me; it's real easy to run in with an autoshotty, hold down the button and proceed to miss every friggen shot because you're spinning around trying to track a target but your movements aren't aligned perfectly with the timing of the shots. Having a higher rate of fire just means you have to track your target faster, whereas with a lower ROF shotty your individual shots are more deliberate. And you have to be on target with every shot or you're better off not using a shotgun at all since the other guy with the SMG is going to rip through you whether or not he misses the first five shots.

This isn't true, unfortunately. It's confusing because they basically did exactly what they said they weren't going to do. The only change made to the shotguns was that they reduced the damage, effectively reducing their effective range. Shotguns ALWAYS required you to be on-the-dot for them to be worthwhile, otherwise their DPS was awful.
  7. Tytos

The auto shotgun nerf was necessary after months of people using nothing else then them in C&C, now people have to actually show some skill instead of running blind into a room with an auto shotgun and killing 3-4 enemys.
  8. lilleAllan

that's a pathetic post all round.
    Poor doggie, auto shotties not overpowered anymore, only okay.
  9. Rogueghost

No, its being SAs are 250 certs, auto shotties are 750 certs and PAs are 1,000 certs. The weaker shotties are cheaper, so more people use them.

And don't lie to yourself, PAs are as easy mode as it gets.
    • Up x 1
  10. EnviousCipher

Not when you're only running at 30 fps on a server where everyone is jumping around. That one powerful shot is rather risky.
  11. Rogueghost

I get 25 fps.
  12. ReformerTR

The uppercut is a beast!!
  13. Vanus Aran

Whoever turned normal Shotguns into the crap they are now and made Pump-Shotguns the "old Shotguns" before they got nerfed... I hope this person will have a horrible accident, loses some limbs and will never be happy again.

This is not funny. I too feel deceived. Costumer deceived.
  14. Ghosty11

IMO the SA shotguns are the best shotguns, they have a good ROF, ammo supply, CoF and spread. I typically mow down PAS users with my Nova, the PAS are pretty much binary weapons now you either OHK or you die, as the biggest problem with the PAS is the lousy hit detection in this game especially on moving targets. The autos have been nerfed down to near uselessness at this point they were already pretty bad prior to this last patch with the nerfed spread and huge CoF. With further nerfs to their damage in this last patch I would imagine they are the worst shotgun overall as they too suffer badly from hit detection issues with their huge spread and terrible CoF.
  15. Caydn

the auto is better
  16. Sock

Shotguns are fine right now. The shotty nerf was needed all around and it's made infantry combat much more enjoyable. Good players will do well with PAs, bad players will suffer with them but that's why we have auto shotties.
    • Up x 1
  17. TeknoBug

Don't buy a PAS, they're JUNK now. Get the semi-auto shotgunl ike the Haymaker, Thanatos or Mauler.
  18. MrK

Semi auto more than enough. If you can't do it with semi auto, de-stress and take time to aim :) It works!
  19. sindz

Get semi shotgun, its still the best by far.
  20. Playful Pony

I wouldn't be too confident about this to be honest. When it comes to the shotguns, they always seem to go down, never up. Every time an adjustment is made for a shotgun, with the notable exeption of the slight (and sorely needed) buff the Jackhammer recieved some time ago, it is for the worse. They never seem to make shotguns a better option for extreme close quaters, only worse all around.

The only thing using shotguns actually did for me, was boost my kill statistics with a pistol. Now maybe I am just crap with shotguns, but I seem to be able to handle them perfectly well in any other FPS!