Need anti-bailure measures

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dis, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Dis

Seems simple enough...if you don't have ejector seat certed you can't get out of your aircraft unless fully landed.

The amount of "pilots" bailing lately has reached critical mass.
  2. Tasogie

Couldn't agree more, but it wont happen. SOE need to keep their little darlings happy, an COD players dont take well to be told no... This exploit will never change.I just remember who uses it against me, an they never ever get a kill off me again, I jsut jump out an go afk for 30 seconds, if they manage to get me.....
    None that uses that exploit deserves a single xp.
  3. Owleyes

I hate when Pilots bail right when my Skyguard is close to a kill.

But I think it's ok, I try bailing out of my Lightning 1/2 the time. Deny the enemy XP and resources, Completely legit gameplay even though i really really hate it.

Props to the pilots who jink till the end.
  4. llPendragon

Why should pilots be treated differently then every other vehicle/turret in the game?
    • Up x 8
  5. Blitzer

Do you stay in your burning tank to the bitter end no matter what or do you never try escape from infantry shootout that is going badly for you, just asking? Though I agree bailing from flying vehicle doesn't make any sense unless you're flying as light assault.
  6. TWolfJaeger

I don't think this is the epidemic you're making it out to be.
    • Up x 5
  7. OrbitalNZ

SOE just to reintroduce the PS1 boarding and disembarkation animation (instead of the instant teleport).
    If you have a period of a second or so of the pilot/driver/gunner having to climb in and out of their vehicle, I suspect would elevate this situation.

I think most would be fine with pilots bailing in mid flight if you see them climbing out of the now out of control plane where you still have a few seconds to still get that kill while they are getting out.
    It would also mean you would be in serious trouble if you try bailing from a tank in mid battle as you can be shot by other soldiers while climbing out.

It would also be good for the immersion in the game.
    • Up x 4
  8. Riku

I agree that you should be able to bail out of aircraft to deny the enemy a kill just like you can bail out of a tank, which just as many tank drivers as pilots do. Also, often when I miss the bailer with the rotary and then check the ground for him, he sometimes survived through a miracle (bug) or is a light assault. So worth checking the ground after destroying the vehicle.
    • Up x 1
  9. Voiidd

Next you'll want extra hard aircraft to protect you from ramming? It's a game tactic, distatefull as it may be. End your target quick and they won't have time to bail. If you want to screw around or are just a bad shot perhaps you deserve it.
  10. Ourous

Bailure is not a word. Try harder.
    • Up x 3
  11. theholeyone

It's not the same for tankers, as they don't suicide when bailing. Though many do find themselves being run over anyway :D

I got no problem with it tbh, they're still dead either way, you still get the main aircraft xp either way, and I think many pilots don't care either. I'm a bailer, but I have ejection seat certed so its not suicide bailing.
  12. dBMachine

If your opponent bails mid air and suicides after you damage them then you should get full XP.

Forget any kind of awkward cannot exit vehicle mechanics. Let them jump. Just give me the points.
    • Up x 4
  13. applepienation

Then let people not jump out of vehicles and turrets unless they aren't moving and haven't taken damage in the last 8 seconds.

Personally, if I jump out of a aircraft it is because I was hoping I could survive the fall. Occasionally I do, but not always. Other times I will let them have the kill. Most of the time, okay, some of the time they have earned it.
    • Up x 1
  14. Alexandrix

I just started getting into ESF's in about the last week or so.It's fun.But I'm a total garbage pilot.Just terrible.That being said,my plane seems to end up trailing smoke and fire 70% of the time(the other 30% i usually just outright crash it myself).If it's an NC that's shooting me down,I'll usually stay in my plane and die with it.If it's a VS I bail every time.every single time.I play on mattherson.I despise the VS with a burning hatred and will do everything in my power to deny them the kill.including crashing myself into a mountain if i have to.
  15. LightningWolfTigrBer

I understand where you're coming from, but I disagree. I certed into nano-repair, fire suppression and Drifters so I wouldn't have to go down with my ESF, which all together is a much heavier cert investment than just the ejection system. Maybe they could code it so non-LA's couldn't bail without the ejection system, otherwise I don't see why I should be punished because some ******* engineers bail out of spite.

This works too.
    The word you're looking for is alleviate. Reasonable suggestion by the way.
  16. Tasogie

really? how old are you, jesus..... this is the standard of this forum.
  17. MagicBlackShow

Because someone is mad on the internets!
    • Up x 1
  18. DreamlessLiberty

Increase exp for pilots who kill other aircraft. Nobody on the ground cares. Make the exp the same whether or not the person bails if the person dies after bailing. Whether a kill is awarded or not doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme since people TK other people all the time and kills get distributed across a front and KDR is skewed by the medic resurrection. I believe there is a vehicle kill score that is shown on your kill page. Glorify your vehicle kill score. Rocket podding infantry isn't really something to be proud of so who cares how many infantry you kill with your esf.
    • Up x 2
  19. LightningWolfTigrBer

I think it has more to do with personal vendettas than stat padding. Pilots tend to bump into one another and remember each other more often that infantry or tankers, so there's a lot of hostility going on up there and sometimes you just want a pilot to die by your hand. I'm against disabling midair bailing but I can understand why it can be frustrating.
  20. Roy Teppert

Is there anything people won't whine about on these forums?
    • Up x 1