Weapon Stats. Accuracy is not understandable.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Helg, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Helg

Thank you very much for the new Weapon Stats, it's very detailed and very useful!!! But I don't understand only one Stat from all others. Please, I ask you, explain us what does this mean "Accuracy" of a weapon? For example let's take the TR's weapon "TRAC-5", it's "Hip Accuracy" -> "Crouch Accuracy" = 1.5, but it's "Aim Accuracy" -> "Crouch Accuracy" = 0.1 At first glance it seems that "Hip Accuracy" (shooting from hip) must be less accurate then when you are aiming, but it turns out that the "Hip Accuracy" (1.5) is more then "Aim Accuracy" (0.1). Again thank you very much for these very detailed and very useful Weapon Stats, but how do you calculate this "Accuracy"? Why aiming accuracy is less then accuracy when shooting from the hip? Please, I ask you explain us how do you calculate this Accuracy. Many thanks in advance.
  2. Clutchstep

The numbers are in degrees (or maybe radians, I'm not really sure) for your cone of fire. Hip Accuracy is self explanatory; its the accuracy you have when just firing normally. When you crouch (Crouch Accuracy) or when you aim down sights (Aim Accuracy) the smaller number means a smaller cone of fire. Smaller number means smaller cone of fire, which is better.
  3. Helg

Thank you very much
  4. WalrusJones

Most weapon accuracy in modern video games is calculated like this: What is the width of X's spread/COF.
  5. Kozmyk

So, the numbers refer to cone of fire.
    Some weapons show 5 different numbers separated by slashes, some show 3.
    I'm guessing these are at different ranges, but which ranges??
  6. RHINO_Mk.II

They don't mean ranges. A deviation of X degrees is obviously much more noticeable at long range than short range, but the deviation itself is a constant. What the 3 or 5 numbers mean are different states of movement and aiming down sights. Weapons are most accurate while not moving and while using the sights. I think if you mouse over stuff around that area on the stats page it will tell you exactly which numbers are which.
  7. Kozmyk

Thanks for the reply.
    I'll look again to see which figure is which i.e. Crouch Hip, Crouch ADS, Stand Hip, Stand ADS (5th fig?)
    Maybe they've added this info since I last looked for it.
  8. Kozmyk

OK so the five figures displayed:

Crouch Accuracy / Crouch Move Accuracy / Stand Accuracy / Stand Move Accuracy / Loss Per Shot Fired

When they display only three figures, as with infiltrator rifles, which are they?
    Do they leave out the move perhaps?
    The mouseover doesn't show this.