Higby mentions LA Love

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by CuteBeaver, Jun 23, 2013.

1. CuteBeaver

Here are snips from Reddit since we all know some people won't click the link.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/13xa2a/so_higby_answered_a_ton_of_our_questions_about/

3) What classes need the most love and have the most features coming?
    All of them, but especially the Light Assault and close second the MAX.

4) Sticky grenades for Light Assault?
    Probably not. We are thinking of designing the Light Assault to be more of a lone wolf player/1v1 assassin. We are thinking of making them have ammo scavenging tools. Like gaining ammo after each kill.

5) Will the Light Assault get recon tools like real light infantry?
    We've thought about that a lot, but right now, all the new recon tools are going to go to the infiltrator, like spotting for artillery (he might be referring to orbital strike).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Edit: Disclaimer the post was made on reddit at GU9

While I don't play a LA I think you guys need some love. What concerns me is Higby isn't looking at the LA in terms of providing group utility. Maybe he feels putting a spawn beacon someplace difficult to reach and using buildings is enough. Who knows, if you have opinions on the direction for the class please bump your light assault thread because it appears LA's are next on the list.

And I'd like to ask you guys personally. Do you feel you need or want group utility?
    How would it work for a class that is supposed to be flanking and might be away from his group sometimes?

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/unscheduled-class-revamp-light-assault.82988/
  2. Kyouki

That was much Longer Than 2 Updates Ago. Our Update WaS originally Supposed To Be Like APrpril. This Is Old News
  3. DocteurVK

As a flaking class, it needs some utility to weaken ennemy groups of units, like the infiltrator's EMP nade allows to do.

Maybe a first step could be to give the LA the ability to get the EMP nades.

Next, a redundant idea is to give him a grappling hook utility to give him even more mobility.

It could also allow him to trap his ennemies by hooking their weapons or immobilize them in the wire (such as boba fett does in starwars episode 6, when he traps luke with his wire), though it would not be easy to implement.

A rumor pretended that highby wanted to give them the ability to dual-weild secondaries, which could be a good idea, but would not give them more options for dealing with their ennemies...
    • Up x 1
  4. RogueComet

That was reddit post six months ago unfortunately. All classes except Heavy Assault and Light Assault are now on the roadmap. Light Assault use to be first, now it feels like it will be last. Yes, Higby said LA needs some love and it really does, but we've been given almost no feedback by SOE about when or if that will even happen. We get hit with constant nerfs every single GU, while not always direct nerfs, game play mechanics were changed that negatively effect LA more than the other classes, thus LA is nerfed.

You ask if we'd like to see more group utility, I say a resounding YES YES YES. Find a way to bring Light Assault more into the group please! Give us a reason to run more with the group than lone-wolfing it, giving us an alternative style of play. How can that be bad for the very one-sided class? It'd be fantastic for the game overall I think.

There have been a lot of posts made about possible tools that might give LA group utility. I myself made one about a series of beacon like objects that LA puts down which could help, in a small way, group play. Gosh that was months ago though. Since then, like I said, I've seen tons of posts.

In all honest, at this point, as a LA player, I really would kill to have SOE be a bit more transparent with our class. I'd kill to just get some kind of recent confirmation and dialogue from SOE about LA. I'd be happy even to hear, "We are having problems making our ideas with LA work, thus we have to keep putting it off." At least that would be something, better than the silence and constant nerfing that we do experience. Would it kill SOE to be in that kind of dialogue with us? I doubt it.
    • Up x 1
  5. Hypest

That was 6 months ago.

Since then they pushed back the LA revamp in favor of the infiltrators, nerfed C4s like 1000 times, nerfed the JJ for a while and just recently the drifters got some love. But that's all. Higby was lying.
  6. Khyrin

C4 got nerfed? It still destroys everything apart from Blockade Sunderers and Galaxies with just 2 bricks.

And just to add information, a C4 nerf wouldn't be a LA nerf since there are 4 classes that can use C4.
  7. Hypest

C4 Damage radius nerf (GU04 3/13/13)
    C4 despawning when you respawn (GU04 3/13/13)
    C4 nerf against Sunderers (GU08 5/02/13)
    C4 damage nerf against Liberators (GU09 5/22/13)
    C4 gains a Red Light (GU11 6/20/13)

If you would play the game, you would know that C4 shines in the hands of the LA and pretty much a must have if you play this class. If i had to guess at least 75% of the C4 kills are done by LA. Personally i have the bricks on the medic and the HA, but i think i used them like 10 times total on those class, while i got auraxium on it.

So saying a C4 nerf is not a LA nerf is like saying a SMG nerf isn't an infiltrator nerf or a 6x< scope buff is not an infiltrator buff.
    • Up x 3
  8. Nuubo

Wrong, 2 bricks are not enough to destroy any Sunderer or Liberator at full HP (even uncerted ones). Blockade Sunderers will be left at roughly half HP, non-Blockade will be left burning and will explode after 20-30 seconds, unless repaired.

You can easily test this yourself in VR.
    • Up x 1
  9. Khyrin

I only have it certed on my medic, and i pooped quite a few parties with it.
    Although i agree in that it's most effective in the hand of the LAs, since vital targets like Sunderers and tanks are more easily destroyed when you can attack them from an angle they usually don't or can't pay attention to.

I typed "apart from", meaning everything except the above stated things. I C4ed enough Sunderers with my Medic to know that most of the time i have to team up with someone else to make it instantly change it's operational status.

Im not even sure if a Harasser with fully upgraded Composite Armor can be OHKed by 2 bricks.
  10. Compass

Harasser -1 C4
    Harasser + 1 Composite - 1 C4
    Harasser + 2 Composite - On Fire
    Harasser + 3 Composite - Dangerously Close to Red
    Harasser + 4 Composite - 33%
  11. Wolfwood82

So nothing new to what was being discussed for April updates.

They've been talking about making LA lone wolfs since well before April, and the ammo scavenging ability was mentioned then as well. I'm disappointed that, in spite of all the threads where LA have asked for teamwork oriented tools and a more defined team role, we're still being rammed into a lone wolf "1vs1 assassin" role. Which is the single stupidest thing they could do in an MMO like PS2. 1vs1 assassin in a game where you group together in teams or die? Right, that will work out awesome.

Probably stems from Smedly's goal of making players feel like "individual heros" of the game. This mind set has never, and will never, work out well in MMOs. That's the kind of game play style you shoot for in single player games, where the player is (and should be) the single baddest badass in the game.
  12. deggy

Harasser, no upgrades: left at about 25% health after 1 C4, not burning.

With max Composite, it JUST BARELY dies to two bricks. Each does something like 51% damage.

Don't buy Composite to survive C4 :p

At least that's what my testing found.
  13. Nuubo

In VR, one C4 is enough to kill the harasser - tested today, and I am pretty sure it wasnt damaged already. And I ve read somewhere, that harasser doesnt have any "rear/side/top" weakness like tanks do, so it shouldnt be the issue.
  14. Curse_Gamerkin

OH NO u mean the one class the ignores defences, and takes no skill to hover over buildings and get to the sunderer cant destroy every vehicle in the game anymore!? how would light assault ever live! light assault only complain because theyre not OP? they want every gun, want spammable grenade launchers, want to be first to get a revamp, want stronger C4, want better jets, LA can easily fly over and get several kills with one C4 and take out maxs that now cost a S**t ton in rescources and do it easier than any other class that takes an actual risk. LAs are pigeons and ur in the game to poop c4 on sunderer windshields, there are other classes that need more love, who cares what higby says hes showed in the past and now that hes bias to NC, The less he touches the game the better.
  15. deggy

Dude, what is your problem? This is the second thread you've posted your negative crap in. This post doesn't contribute anything to the discussion.
  16. Curse_Gamerkin

The post is 6 months old, and became a debate over C4. the thread is not going to contribute, stop following me/stalking however u want to put it. i have my opinion and i like the game, but its hard to like something and watch it being killed from the inside.
  17. deggy

Get your facts straight, I was here first. Who's stalking who?
  18. Curse_Gamerkin

ridiculous.. dude, u followed me to another thread and tried starting another argument, and how it was not contributing and u keep replying to me here and doing the same, its over.
  19. Geomancer

You two should just kiss and get it over with...
  20. Khyrin

Pschsch, hey are shy.