MBT vs C4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BengalTiger, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Ranik

And now it's time to call you out on your foolishness.

Do bullets cost resources ? Nope.

Does respawning cost resources? Nope.

Do repair/heal tools cost resources? Nope.

Do AV weapons cost resources? Nope.

Do AV mana Turrets cost resources? Nope.

Do UBGL's cost resources? Nope.

Sorry but once again you've been proven wrong. Infantry without ANY consumables are effective and free to spawn.

Can you please stop digging your hole deeper? Infantry consumables are completely stock able. You are trying to force an infantry resource drought where none exists. Only MAX's can complain at this point.
    • Up x 2
  2. Hagestol

Dude, just give it up. You're not right on this and you're making a fool of yourself with this line of argument.

You can't play effectively without the resource tools. See a lot of infantry? Change to max. See a tank as LA? Destroy it. See a lot of dead people? Rez grenade. Know infantry or tanks are coming? Deploy mines.

You play at 60% without resources. But I think you know that and you're just trolling me. Right?
    Because if I can g i m p myself for an hour to save resources, that wins you the argument. Right?
  3. Ranik

See.

Please address the points rather than sidestepping without quoting and asserting how correct you are. :rolleyes:
  4. Nintyuk

I remember a time when AT mines were the easymode, That's why I never unlocked them and got C4 instead for my engy, and that's what I have used since.

Edit:
    You can and you have to be able to play effectively without resource tools otherwise it's not a balanced game.
    A brand new player who joins a faction who is camped back in to his warp gate still needs to stand a chance at helping to turn the tide and fight a way to victory without having resources. Without that grass roots level of balance you don't stand a chance of having a fair game.
  5. Ranik

Despite what infantry dedicated players claim, LA jump jetting onto a vehicle is a fairly easy process. That's why post AT mine nerf I made it a business to rush armor as Engineer / AT mine.

It's just as broken as C4 in that you can freely respawn and attempt it indefinitely, but I don't feel as bad for the easy mode kill since I actually had to deploy and shoot them after getting there.
    • Up x 2
  6. crazycandy

if C4 kills a tank so easily then, logic would be ppl use C4 to kill tanks and not tanks. so if tanks dont get used for tank on tank why are they being used?
  7. Hagestol

You want me to adress non-points you constructed to support your arguments? Won't you rather give me a decent question instead? I've already showed how infantry needs resources to be effective, and like so many others I've explained why C4 vs tank isn't 200 resources.

A brand new player isn't 1/20th (or different arbitrary value) as effective as a new player in this game. That goes for both cert and resource use. A tank will cause devastation without countering, especially within a compound. A new player won't be able to counter that even with the right class.

As a medic I cannot function without rez grenades simply because of range limitations and covering fire. A LA without C4 is a weak flying HA without his launcher. Being experienced is just that, knowing when to use resources. And when playing effectively you spend more resources than you earn.

Playing without crucial tools isn't playing effectively, its playing with a giant handicap.
  8. Nintyuk

Wow, you really can't play without resources? And your actually admitting that? Wow I would hate to play with you when the tide turns and your regularly outnumbered and out gunned because the other factions have a big population advantage.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ranik

I'm honestly not sure what argument he is trying to make at this point. I just know it's not a good one no matter how you look at it.
    • Up x 1
  10. Ranik

And you dig your hole further.....

You can revive fine with the free med tool.

You can AV fine with the Mana turret / AV secondaries.

You can grenade fine (if not better) with the UBGL

You are projecting your own need to spam consumables as a crutch onto other players.....

Are you incapable of realizing that other people ARE able to stockpile resources?

Do you think everyone wastes resources at the same rate you do?

Do you think there isn't downtime in between fights where you can easily stockpile resources?

Do you believe you and you alone are the template for how resource consumption works?

Good grief.....
    • Up x 2
  11. EliteEskimo

1. That KDR picture is mine, and i have an 80 KDR one too if you want, and many more like it. I'm an outlier so you can't use me as an example, that's like me saying AA Maxes/Strikers pathing system were always balanced because ThundaHawk was still killing ground targets with his ESF. I post screen shots of my scores so people don't call me a bad tanker, and yes I go on 40-50 Kill streaks in my tank on a very regular basis so it's not luck. You cannot use an excellent tanker to further you cause:p

2. MBT's cost over twice of what C4 costs, for the average person it cost 1000's of certs to make it worth it, is on a long cool down which must be certed into, and can be destroyed outside of its own effective range by non rendering ESRL's HA's and AV turrets which cost 0 resources.

3. C4 has no cool down, costs less than half of what a MBT is, can be attempted to be used unlimited amount of times with no resource cost (infantry cost nothing), can solo a MBT, and be flown in and dropped above the MBT's turret angle. C4 also requires no real sacrifice to use, requires no help to use, you can stalk a tank until he is distracted in a large battle and easily kill them when engaging tanks, can be stockpiled unlike tanks, and can be used with a beacon to give the tanker little chance of defending.
    • Up x 3
  12. KlyptoK

Yeah I realized that later after I posted. If I could redact it I would.
  13. Nintyuk

Err, When I'm playing on indar I can regularly start to stock up on grenades and AI mines and C4 because yes I can play effectively without using any resources at all.
    I only use C4 when I know it's worth while and know they won't be wasted and my sticky grenades are used mainly for when I know there is a large group of enemies or one particular enemy that must die like a medic or a MAX (FYI if you tag a max with a sticky grenade it bypasses all resistances and you can finish it off with a clip of mauler fire) when I'm on amerish though I hardly use resources at all as I don't earn them quick enough for me to replenish my stocks. Yet I can still Kill medics MAX'es, Prowlers, Magriders and Sundys without relying on the tools that make it easier.

Using resource items is not necessary to win but it does make winning easier. Just like spending money on this game isn't necessary to win but it does make things quicker.

Also you only spend resources on things you use and a experienced tanker wont make you lose any because they will kill you before the c4 is even deployed. Meaning even if I only have 2 C4 left and no resources to buy more I can still try a infinite amount of times until I get the C4 placed when there guard is down.
    • Up x 1
  14. Terrex

Infantry don't need any resources to contribute a TON to ANY fight. Anyone saying otherwise is a moron. Infantry = versatility. Use all tools given, this isn't rocket appliances.

Edit: On topic - C4 is the easiest thing. People suicide into tanks to blow up one with no penalty.
    • Up x 4
  15. zib1911

Uncerted MBT takes 2 to kill certed MBT takes 2 to kill
    MBTs can never cert into being as fast as a harasser how come they can cert into being more armored then a tank?
    • Up x 2
  16. Baconite

This thread is now comical. I can't even look at posts with a straight face; giggling to myself. All the real life comparisons, "fairness", and hyperbole is just too much.

MBT vs. C4:

MBT's advantages for 450 resources:

Advantages:

- A hard candy shell with a soft gooey center.
    - You're protected against small arms fire.
    - You move faster.
    - You can 1 shot infantry from 200m
    - You can damage and blow up other vehicles from range
    - You can repair your investment
    - You can have a teammate jump in for even more firepower

Disadvantages:

- Landmines are happy to see you to the point of bursting.
    - You can't fit inside buildings.
    - You have to go back for more ammo sometimes.
    - Lock-ons work on you now.

C4 advantages for 200 resources:

Advantages:

- You can instantly explode any ground vehicle except the sunderer
    - If you die, you can try again at no loss
    - You can stockpile it
    - You can still fit inside buildings.
    - You can use it with a jetpack
    - Lock-ons don't work on you

Disadvantages:

- You have to get close to use it effectively.
    - It doesn't make you any safer
    - It doesn't make you any faster
    - You can only carry 2 at a time
    - You lose them if you die before detonating

Summary: Feel free to add more to the lists. Seems fair to me, and I do both tanking and C4 fairying.
    • Up x 1
  17. Nintyuk

Yes, maybe Directional armor should also give a blanket wide resistance to C4 just like Blockade armour for a sundy does.
    • Up x 3
  18. Ranik

Frankly Armor needs to get rid of directional armor and get the Composite / Blockade version Harassers / Sunderers have.

Directional is completely useless in comparison to Composite and Blockade.
    • Up x 2
  19. zib1911

Teamwork does NOT mean use your allies as distractions.

not sure if stupid or trolling.
  20. EliteEskimo

I completely agree, we just have it be really really expensive so only dedicated tankers will want to invest into it. 500 for level 1, 1000 for level 2, 1500 for level 3, 2000 for level 4. However I would expect a refund for all the directional armors I have and I would expect it to make MBT for resistant to all explosives/damage so nothing could OHK it.:cool:
    • Up x 1