MBT vs C4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BengalTiger, Jun 20, 2013.

1. patricio_z

Tanks needs to be heavily damaged and/or disabled by C4, not instagibbed, if any sort of AV is flying around that tank is as good as dead, if its an LA ramboing alone that tank will have a slight chance to survive
    • Up x 3
  2. Hagestol

Then tanks need to do less damage and not intstagib infantry. Fair is fair.

The risk against a MBT that knows what its doing is at least 200-300%, and the resource cost is on average still higher than the MBT cost. Add to that infantry resources being more scarse.
    • Up x 1
  3. Nintyuk

You have to take in to account that,
    1. I use C4 on engy not LA so I have a much harder time getting to some tanks
    2. Every other Sundy I C4 is not killed by my C4 but instead by the AV turret I finish it off with
    3. I also will C4 landed Libs and gals which won't be kiled by the C4
    4. I tend to do over kill when I lay a trap for a chasing Max
  4. Ranik

Adding to that? Sorry chief. AI weapons suck in this game. The only one worth a damn is the Marauder and that's if you have a height advantage on the enemy. All AI is essentially useless vs LA + C4 due to turret angle restrictions. If you had more angle on these weapons you might have a point but as is you don't.

How many people do you see running around with the C85modified? The PPA? Hell the kobalt? People don't take AI weapons because they are pathetic.

And it's a frigging tank which now costs 2x as much as it used to. Quite obviously C4 is no longer balanced in this regard. However for some reason people want to imagine in their little fantasy world that going from

2x C4-200 / MBT 250 = Balanced

to

2x C4-200 / MBT 450 = Balanced.

One of these things has changed. The other has not. And if infantry are blanket defending C4 at this point relying on the old cost effectiveness and gameplay as an example (which is all they actually have to rely on) then the argument is already lost for them.

C4 is no longer balanced. Not vs Maxes at 350 cost or vs Armor.

One dies and instantly respawns and has gotten a plethora of free and effective AV tools.

The other has resource cost and a timer and has been nerfed to now play as glorified artillery which can't instant kill without a direct hit.

Your point is completely invalid.
    • Up x 4
  5. Hagestol

Your math is off. Its not 2x C4 to kill the tank because LA get shot down so often while placing the first or second, or being denied detonation. It was covered earlier in this thread, read it. Saying that it takes 2c4 to take down a tank all the time is like saying that it takes 3-5 SAW shots to kill any infantry and never any more than that.

I've been shot down enough by decent MBT secondaries to know that they don't suck. But if you believe they do then ask the DEVS to fix that and not nerf the LA/C4. Because your gripe isn't with them.

C4 is perfectly balanced, just use a second man to scout for infantry and take them out.
    • Up x 3
  6. patricio_z

Agree, there is no point comparing RL stats to a futuristic game... however, what do make sense to me or should be ¨realisitc", is that if tanks where so vulnerable to your nanites/tomahawk charge/whatever, they should be extinct by now, replaced by something else... things is tanks, for whatever reason, are still around, they need to make a little more sense, they need a reason to exists in auraxis, right now, for a lot of reasons, C4 included, they are not.
  7. Ranik

You apparently have no defense and just say the "the math is fine"

Let me point out the obvious.

Infantry consumables can be stockpiled.

Your point is now completely invalid.
    • Up x 3
  8. Hagestol

Thats a circular argument though, infantry die all the time, why are they used over robots? Because its what we can relate to as gamers, even though it is the future.

There is a 60KDR picture earlier in this thread and most outfits still roll with armor div. Tanks still have their place in this game.

Silly point. Let me destroy it:

Vehicle resources can be earned while using said vehicle. C4 resource won't earn you back resources spent.

Stockpiling while playing isn't an option, because you'd have to pause your gameplay and then tanks would roam free. Compare it to AV launchers which are free, effective and has no cooldown.

See, two arguments, on their own making your point completely invalid. But hey, lets all be rough and hate each other yeah?
    • Up x 2
  9. iccle

Straw argument tbh, by your reasoning tanks should also have the same respawn timer as infantry (fair is fair right) and also cost the same resource wise and cert wise, we should also be able to change our loadout at equipment terminals at will as the situation changes.

(i advocate none of this)
    • Up x 1
  10. crazycandy

so the problem is with AI secondary not C4.

pretty sure most infantry have a quickly TTK than LA deploying C4.

you talk about angles however how does the LA get these angles? do infantry weapons cover these angles?
  11. patricio_z

If it was my call, I would have infantry ALMOST immune to tank rounds and have tanks ALMOST immune to infantry weapons, that way infantry would deal with infantry and armor with armor, to each their own, no more spawn spamming and armor whining over AT weapons
  12. Ranik

Seriously is that all you have?
    • Up x 3
  13. Hagestol

Your point was weak so I adjusted. Infantry resources like C4 cannot be stockpiled unless you choose another role for an hour or two. If you like what you do, you can't save up and you'll infact be at 0/2 most of time time.

Arguing that they can be stockpiled is like saying to a tank driver: Hey, you can play a tank but you'll have to take long breaks regardless if you're good or not with it. Regardless if you die or not. And only the ones not costing any infantry resources (which are, ehm.. none of them?) Thats what you're telling me.

Only if both infantry and vehicles could damage a 3rd party, an objective or something. Say generators and so on. There needs to be a reason to destroy the opposing forces vehicles and infantry.

But I like your thinking!
  14. crazycandy

Ranik if tanks are so easily destroyed by LA why dont you use LA and C4 to destroy tanks? why do you use a tank?
    • Up x 1
  15. patricio_z

Infantry can be revived, you now... nanites,so they don't really die...do gamers relate to tanks that do not work as tanks??
  16. Ranik

You've been proven wrong already and are just trying to squeeze your way out of it.

The vast majority of infantry gameplay is free and repeatable. AV is free. Bullets are free. AV mana turrets are free. Infantry resources can be stockpiled. End of discussion. This is something Air and armor cannot do.

The only time Infantry cannot stockpile resources is if they Play Infantry / MAX. Or lob grenades like rice at a wedding.

At least be honest about it rather than try to defend what is obviously different.

I use AT mines / Engineer. It's actually a challenge that way instead of easy mode. Regardless stop trying to change the subject. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 3
  17. patricio_z

That is why I put ALMOST in caps, they still need to be a threat to each other, just not their main one, here is where I think SOE dropped the ball regarding arms interaction... anyway, I think they already know that because they are adding walls and domes to the new maps, to separate infantry from everything else
    • Up x 1
  18. Hagestol

Easiest and cheapest way to take out a sundy as well. Nothing spells easy mode like engineer rushing with AT mines.

You're so wrong it hurts (heh). And I've yet to be proven wrong at anything, please link and explain for everyone else here that can't understand said logic?

You can't play effectively without resources. Sorry mate, but you can't. You can play, but do you really want to use a fury flash over a MBT? Using inf without mines, LA without c4, HA without C4, Medic without rez nades, engineer without mines and explosives is severely gimping yourself.

The only time you can stockpile resources is if you're using a different class of resources - when using air or vehicle resources and tanking and flying around. The rest is garbage. You try supporting your argument of resource deficiency for one side when both sides have it equally bad. You can't even pull a max without resources and that is an extremely important part of infantry gameplay.

I've never experienced anyone in my outfits tank div having issues with resources simply because they can stay alive for enough time to afford a new tank. I have 10 C4 maximum left after a decent FNO and to buy that back I have to drive a vehicle, idle or simply g i m p myself to be effective again.
    • Up x 1
  19. crazycandy

if it is indeed easy mode then how come people are using tanks? as this thread seems to be that C4 is better than a tank.
  20. WaiZen

I wouldn't mind the need of 4xC4 to destroy a MBT However in compensation, we need a higher radius blast for the C4.