Rarest weapons in the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by huller, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Akuzimo

You sir, win the internet. There is no comeback for this. AHAAAHAHAHAH
    • Up x 6
  2. P4NJ

I was gonna say skill and teamwork but I see someone beat me to it =(
  3. BoomBoom4You

ZOE max. Never see it.
  4. WorldOfForms

What? I played PS1 for 7+ years and every single indoor fight with VS was crawling with Lasher users. It was ubiquitous, the opposite of "wasn't used much".
  5. Muhdic

6. Ripshaft

I cant imagine anyone using this, I've used it on trial, and it was useless, is it a CQC weapon or what?! I might get it on sale with the hopes that SOE buffs it one day, but right now, it's useless.
    • Up x 3
  7. Lucidius134

M20 Basilisk for Flash.

It's more than the Kobalt AND even worse.
    • Up x 1
  8. gommer556

i pulled an SAS-R on my infi and got some tells asking what the hell it was. i don't care, its still my fav weapon for infi
    • Up x 3
  9. Fanaticalist

I'm thinking the TX2 pistol has got to be pretty rare at this point. Most of TR was pretty happy with the TX1 and otherwise moved on to one of the new NS pistols.
  10. Vanon

All the enforcer modified gun aka the shotgun version. It's litterly a mounted version of the jackhammer, without the ability to look down.
  11. xGreedFuSioN

All those poor children ;c
  12. Ruffdog

I think the SABR-13 for TR. Either it needs higher damage or lower recoil to be an attractive option.
  13. AnuErebus

There's actually quite a few of them. Most are infiltrator weapons I think in part due to many of them being pretty mediocre weapons but also because there aren't usually too many infiltrators actually involved in fights.

Gauss SPR, semi-auto sniper for NC. TR and VS get their equivalents default so I see them on new snipers.
    On a similar note, close range semi-auto snipers KSR-35, Impetus, Phantom.
    Semi-auto scout rifles HSR-1, Nyx, Shadow.
    automatic scout rifles, SOAS, Stalker, Artemis
    Close range bolt actions, TSAR-42, SAS-R, Ghost (THis one is really a shame, these things are fun as hell to play with.)
    Battle rifles, Warden, AMR-66 and Eidolion
    Lasher (Although it's seeing use after this patch but I think that'll die down again.)
    Grinder is pretty rare on Scat MAXs
    Underboss is rarely seen, 99% of the time it's a commisioner.

Did you miss the buff a few patches back? SABR is great now that it's recoil is pretty insignificant. Only thing that hurts it at this point is that burst fire mode. If I played medic more that'd be the rifle I primarily use.
  14. Galium

Every semi-auto rifle in the game.

Automatic scout rifles.

Carnage BR. Too similar to the GR-22, and more expensive.
  15. huller

Thing is, I use the SOAS-20 auto scout rifle, can't understand why infiltrators needed SMG's, this one suits their purpose perfectly.
  16. Goretzu

Orginally it wasn't use that much (it was still used, but not as much as the JH or MCG - as I said erronously because it was a fine weapon with a bit of thought and practice), with the Lasher 2.0 everyone used it (literally) and after that it remained still well used.
  17. Basiley

actually "common sense" even more rare than brain itself, ingame.
    full auto scout rifles okay for purposes, wich actually quite rarely taken by inf.
    BR is okay, just lack of dammage for goal/title.
    personally miss NS-11A most :)
  18. Pikachu

This strange gun killed me 3 times today! I thought no one used automatic infiltrator rifles. :eek:

Anyway if I am to make a list:
    ■ Renegade shotgun
    ■ Automatic sniper rifles
    ■ C85 modified enforcer
    ■ AP cannon for lightning
  19. Eyeklops

I agree with the first two, but the new Lasher felt incredible once I got over my fear of missing, stopped shooting at feet, and aimed for the heads.
  20. Regpuppy

^This. I'm not even sure the other factions know it exists as a whole. I've seen all of one friendly Vanguard with it outside of VR within the last few months. It's a horrible weapon. TR, can we do trade for Fury 2.0 that you guys got?