NC max - Reality vs Fantasy - Video of all 3 max's compared

Discussion in 'MAX' started by MisterBond, Jun 21, 2013.

1. MisterBond

I'm tired of NC max's getting nerf after nerf after nerf, all in the so called vein of "Balance" between the three max's, when it turns out they are the worst ones by an incredible longshot

I haven't seen anybody do a comparison video between all three, so I decided to do one just to show how blatantly underpowered NC max's are

I test Hacksaws and Grinders on NC max, mercies (supposed Best) and mutilators (supposed worst) for TR, and Cosmos (Supposed worse) for VS max.

As you can see, there is no comparison. NC max not only gets the longest reload times, it cannot effectively kill troops, let alone other max's past 15m. The other two max's dominate in these fields at all ranges.

And if this is the case, I have to ask SOE this, why not replace the NC max shotguns with something better? Gauss Rifles is also NC's "Thing" so why can't we have two huge freaking gauss cannons on the NC max? Slugs do not compensate for NC max's terrible damage output.

Unless NC max's get Gauss Rifles, or at least can carry a ton more ammo per magazine, they will always be in last place.

I hope this video dispels the myths about NC max's, and brings some reality to light. Kill times between all the max's at point blank are near identical, but past 15m NC max's become a joke, unable to kill infantry and other max's like the other two can.

EDIT: I love how all these people below commenting are still claiming that NC max is overpowered, yet they haven't even watched the video

How the hell do you watch a 15 minute video in less then 5 minutes? YOU CAN'T!
    • Up x 31
  2. Hagestol

Yeah thats not how you use the NC max.
    • Up x 10
  3. xGreedFuSioN

Not even gonna read this one.
    • Up x 5
  4. DashRendar

inb4 slugs increase effective range. What a joke.

You didn't even test moving effectiveness. It's where the NC Max's standing effectiveness you see in the video takes a literal nosedive and becomes near useless at 5m range.

Although the Mattock are quite nice lately, they're easily the best choice, but they're still no match for the other two maxes and you still run into the same general problems of small mag, long reload, and nasty CoF.
    • Up x 7
  5. Endlos

How many times do I have to tell people to STOP USING A VIDEO FROM JANU...oh, this one was made today. Carry on, then. I'm so used to that 6 month old video getting tossed up I feel my blood pressure rise whenever I see a [media] tag in a NC MAX related thread.

For what it's worth, I think that MAX units should wreck infantry. I feel like the NC MAX didn't need any reduction (even the clipsize thing from earlier) in its power against foot soldiers. My only issue with the NC MAX was that its anti-infantry shotguns DESTROYED TR and VS MAXes. If MAX units (all three factions) just got some kind of built-in shotgun resistance, I'd've been happy with that.
    • Up x 7
  6. Hosp

Sir, you are speaking sense. And I applaud you for your bravery. However, I hope you have a good flame r.etardant suit. *Dives for cover*
  7. huller

after uncounteable months of getting roflstomped by insanely OP scatmaxes and getting taunted by NC who believed it was "perfectly ballanced" I have just one thing to say:

NC max UP?

[IMG]
    • Up x 11
  8. ManualReplica

How do you use it then?
    • Up x 6
  9. SnatchMaster

pull out shield, back up into your spawn, proceed to change classes.
    • Up x 34
  10. DashRendar

You use it in situations where a Max is not needed.

If your faction infantry are winning a push, then you can set up by a doorway and hope to catch some unlucky sod who walks through. Congratulations, you are doing nothing but farming kills and your faction will not miss you.

If your faction infantry are losing a push and you'd like to help them push the enemy back, good luck, the NC Max is fodder in this role. It won't do anything but take your resources and add another death to your list as you hope to at least get 1 kill in the process to make it worth your while. Congratulations, you are not helping your factions situation, their efforts at supporting you would have been better spent elsewhere strategizing or doing something else.

At best, it's a defensive Max that if properly used in its niche can help stop enemies from flowing into a well defended facility. Spawn camping, as it were. It won't help your team take territory or win alerts. This is the major problem with NC Maxes. They won't turn an engagement. If you are using one effectively within its niche, it's likely you aren't helping the battle. The fact that someone can kill streak while using an NC Max is irrelevant because of this major flaw that continues to go ignored.
    • Up x 12
  11. llPendragon

Everyone who plays different factions knows that the NC MAX is a death sentence. The VS MAX had the best survival rate when the NC MAX was its most powerful.. The NC MAX has been the worst statistically since before the Fractures were released, and TR got put in 2nd when ZOE came out.
    With all this, you have to remember just one thing:
    They can't sell the Flamethrowers to NC until all players have given up all hope on their current weapons.
    • Up x 15
  12. Goretzu

Easy you get data collected from the entire history of the game and then you pretend it was only from last week. :)
    • Up x 2
  13. Vashyo

Find a building, camp inside next to door. Never go anywhere even slightly more open.

Once flamethrowers hit, we can continue this long tradition of close-quarters combat in another way.

I really really want some medium range AI options too :(
    • Up x 2
  14. Goretzu

In fairness NC AI MAXs have now been blanket nerfed twice since January, so any conclusions from then are just worse now.

So for example in January a NC AI MAX couldn't beat a TR AI MAX at 8m+
    Then after the last nerf they couldn't beat them at all even at 0m without extended mags.

And now they've been nerfed yet more: http://imgur.com/a/RwbM2/noscript
    • Up x 7
  15. DashRendar

NC or not, I can't help but think why the hell are they going to put flamethrowers into the game? I think that would just ruin a lot of things. no matter how weak they make them.
    • Up x 1
  16. StolenToast

Be glad you aren't VS. Despite what your benchmark video may show, the VS MAX is useless at everything in real-game scenarios. It can't kill infantry, it can't kill tanks, and with the burster nerf it can't even kill air anymore. ZOE is completely irrelevant. The only use it has is to soak up damage, and it doesn't seem to be able to take much of that either. Any good you might do as a MAX is now outweighed by the cost of pulling your MAX.

Once again, the VS may as well not even have a MAX unit.
  17. DashRendar

lal
    • Up x 6
  18. Endlos

Man, I love when the VS act like they have the short end of anything. There was another thread where I talked about getting ridiculous killstreaks and KDR with my ZOE MAX and the VS OP DEFENSE FORCE was spewing garbage all over the thread about how ZOE wasn't OP and that VS MAXes were terrible and accused me of not actually playing VS and pulling numbers out of my bum. So, within a couple of hours, I posted these:
    [IMG] [IMG]
    That was done "lone-wolfing" inside of a VS push against heavy TR resistance near the TR Indar warpgate. No dedicated engineers, medics, or other MAXes, just me running around ripping faces off. I got ran over by a friendly right after I pulled the MAX (which would be 350 resources under the horrible new prices) and then died derping around as a heavy waiting for the cooldown, then pulled a 47 killstreak like it was nothing. The thread died shortly after that, mostly because the VS all stopped replying.

(Also, yes, that's a cellphone picture of my screen. The screenshot keybind in PS2 hasn't worked for me ever since they removed the Toggle ImageCaptureOutput key and I don't run PS2 through steam, and don't use fraps.)
    • Up x 7
  19. Vortok

For a Reality vs Fantasy claim, I didn't see a whole lot of actual gameplay outside of VR.
    • Up x 2
  20. Alarox

He showed that at basically every range, the TR and the VS are just as good or better.

Meaning "how you're supposed to use the NC MAX" is even BETTER if you use the VS/TR MAX like that. And I find it funny when people who don't actually use the NC MAX try to tell people who DO how it's done.

This is how you use the NC MAX. You camp every corner you possibly can so stupid people will run in and die, get scared, and allow you to reload after every kill. Guess what? EVERY MAX CAN DO THAT. The NC MAX is the only one limited to it though. You can't camp corners and insta-gib with the TR/VS? Look in the conveniently placed video. You still kill in fractions of a second with every MAX, but you can also fight at range, and you don't have to reload constantly (with a colossal one btw).
    • Up x 6