Mattherson, Rejoice! The Enclave Has Quit!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LucMooncrest, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxkeiser

Top player? Don't make me laugh. Top in what category? I've barely even heard of him.

Does he want to go one on one with me? Or have a 20 v 20, 40v40 etc battle with KOTV or some equivalent outfit?

Top player my ****.
  2. Corewin

Translation: Does the liquid on your face contain salt my brother?
    • Up x 1
  3. RobotNinja

Lol @ "height of our dominance." TE has been getting steamrolled on Mattherson lately. It doesn't help the TR that TE rarely strays outside of anything easily farm-able as illustrated by numerous (non-biolab cap) alerts where they had the upper hand but refused to leave the confines of a biolab, thus losing the alerts.

Aside from that though, it's not like Buzz was a bad guy. People just misunderstand him. There are a lot of players who have accused Buzz and the TE of being racists but they just don't get Buzz's colorful sense of humor:

http://i.imgur.com/16XpYur.png
    http://i.imgur.com/ASC7IVj.png
    http://i.imgur.com/hoAsYDp.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/k0Y0pG8.png
    http://i.imgur.com/ZL8EVXn.png

For me the height of Buzz and The Enclave's hilarious hijinks in Planetside will always be when they lib-bombed an in-game multi-faction memorial held for a PS1 player that died. That's the kind of hilarity TE is known for. And then to drive the joke home on the youtube video of the funeral bombing Buzz made this comment, "I'm glad the little **** is dead."

I hope now that Buzz will have some spare time that he seriously considers doing some standup at a Night at the Apollo in Harlem because he would be a shoe in.
    • Up x 5
  4. Turiel =RL=

Regardless what you think about Buzz, his concerns are 100% valid.

Deciding to quit as a high profile outfit like the Enclave and a high profile player like Buzz is a real decision, because there is some internet-fame linked to that sort of status. Respect!

On the other hand - if you really think about how things turned out over the last months - there was no other option.
    • Up x 2
  5. Corewin

He's ranked Number 1 in the world man. =\

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/leaderboards
    • Up x 1
  6. maxkeiser

Meaningless drivel. None of that tells me whether he has any skill or not - just that he spends his entire life playing the game.

The only way to determine skill is to go 1v1, or 5v5 or 10v10 etc with defined conditions. Or perhaps a platoon of his outfit against a platoon from another 'top' outfit. Then we find out who can play.
    • Up x 1
  7. Gorion

come to Miller ... best server ( i think most skilled player are playing on Miller ;) ) and we need more Vanu ^^
  8. RobotNinja

When you stand behind 50-100 ESFs/Libs bombing a single point cap spawnroom and screaming "colorful" comments at everyone...well, you're bound to get a kill or two. Makes me wonder why you would give someone like that a dishonorable discharge from the military. To heck with virtual combat, I'd follow him into REAL combat!
  9. LordMondando

I want to see Max 1v1 buzz.

Knives only.

Then we will know who is truly skilled.
    • Up x 1
  10. Badname2490

Well the player didn't actually die...if he had then his death was probably well more recorded and memorable.
  11. Marinealver

watching people leave is not good news for the game.

Not to say I am a fan but if gameplay is driving players away (ahem CoD) then that is a sign this game will not have much of a lifespan.
  12. Konstantinn

And that would prove his ability to rally and lead people how? Or perhaps you believe that this game is all about 1v1? Lol

Oh I see, you are one of those people that thinks K/D is the only thing that matters in this game.
    • Up x 1
  13. Corewin

I dunno man, /yell was pretty colorful coming from all sides. Where are you getting this 50-100 ESFs/Libs figure from?
    • Up x 1
  14. LordMondando

Your missing my point. Hint, I did not cite stats.

And the ability to rally and lead people as you put it, is only half the story about being a leader, being able to have a competent grasp of strategy and tactics and importantly some basic skills at diplomacy. Whilst not in as much abundance as PS2 or humanity in general might be better for, are by no means unique or particularly exemplified by any certain players of the matherson server.

Thus, Any metric or anecdotal bit of experience by 'who is the best' is insufficient.

Conclusion: 1v1 knife fight, the old gods will decide who is truely the best by granting them victory.
  15. RobotNinja

His name was Raider05 and he very much died. There was an actual obit. But some people like to try and play it off.
  16. RobotNinja

Notice how Buzz/TE quitting coincides with a massive bump in vehicle resource costs...which was TE's primary strategy?
  17. Cl1mh4224rd

It's because they think it somehow makes what those TE members did less awful. Even if it were true that it was a hoax, it doesn't change the fact that they pulled that stunt when everyone would have thought he actually was dead.
  18. Badname2490

Actually of late...TE has mostly been infantry. Talon was scraped.
  19. Kastrenzo

They were always Infantry based, Only vehicles TE used were Galaxies and occasionally sunderers, and both were used for transport purposes

any tanks or buggies driving around were usually people doing it by themselves, I can't remember a single time during TE Ops where we as an outfit, used any number of Prowlers, or anything else.

Only times I ever saw it were during the wind-down of ops, like "okay we're about done here, let's all get in liberators and bomb X base for 5 minutes before we call it a night"
    • Up x 1
  20. thrikerr

Are you one of those people who jumps on the anti-TE bandwagon without actually knowing a single thing about the outfit? Because you sound like one.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.