Mattherson, Rejoice! The Enclave Has Quit!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LucMooncrest, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drealgrin

Truth hurts, i know bro. i know.
    • Up x 1
  2. Zamanoy

I know the enclave folk are pretty loyal to their leader, but surely they arent all leaving just because he is?
  3. Tasogie

I have to admit I agree with all his points, the game really is going way he says, an I have been saying it for ages.

They keep trying to pander to the cod generation wh9ich means game suffers, as all cod style games do.it's a shame, but its SOE they do this all time.
    • Up x 3
  4. huehue

Not all members wanted to quit. A lot of them played the game only for ops in TE because only one BuzzCutPsycho exists in this game, he's a pain it the ***, he's racist, and he's mean but he's the only player in this game that can do what he does and was responsible for a lot of TE members logging on. There is no TE without Buzz.
    • Up x 1
  5. Yetskii

Good riddance is all I can say
    • Up x 8
  6. Elrobochanco

Was going to say, this might be the turning point for mattherson TR. They might actually become competent. Not that there aren't some now, but having most of your available population on a single continent led straight into a brick wall isn't helping the whole team.
    • Up x 4
  7. Dis

I like how this is presented as a group decision by TE...Buzz finally got burned out, told his eunuchs they were done and they said yes sir, what shall we play now.

Shame really, say what you want about TE...they certainly made things interesting around here.
    • Up x 6
  8. FnkyTwn

Doesn't he mostly play the NeverWinter Nights MMO these days
    anyway? Drow Princess i believe, mostly due to their skin colour.

TR will probably get better on Mattherson when they're not being
    constantly screamed at. Not sure who's going to step up to abuse
    all the TE remnants. Somebody has to berate them constantly. :(
    • Up x 2
  9. siddar

MLG is coming you don't need 2000 scrubs for that you need 70 are so people with good gun fighting skill. You can teach them tactics but they ether have the reflex skill for gun fighting at a high level are they don't.

So TE shuts down until MLG then will return as a much smaller outfit. TE was always headed that way.

TR on Mattherson are going to be hurting in the meantime because of the loss of numbers.
  10. Cl1mh4224rd

Don't fool yourself. The outfit didn't make the decision; BCP made the decision. I'm just curious how many of them will actually abandon PS2 altogether just to follow BCP around the Internet to find a new home.
    • Up x 5
  11. woooow

Yeah that's it, he's quitting because TE can no longer continue to not pull tanks en masse. You've got your finger on the pulse my friend.
    • Up x 4
  12. Puppy

Maybe if people actually wanted to capture continents there would be 'important' battles rather then farms.
    • Up x 1
  13. treeHamster

While I would say, "Good riddance to BCP", I do agree this game is going down hill and getting worse with each update. It gets mind numbingly simpler as well as more boring.

Everything is become more jack-of-all trades and master of none. They keep pushing back new continents as well as the important global stuff for crap like new weapons. They released the game incredibly early and then within six months of the "release", scrap their entire strategy game and go back to the original (which people were saying they needed to do from day one but SOE was too arrogant/obtuse to listen). Now they're 6 months in and they're having to stop the production of new major content to overhaul the meta which is taking them in the realm of 4 months.

All I can say is their strategy for this game was a bad one. They should have just started with what worked the first time, and build from there instead of building the game from scratch. Taking risk might sound good but only when that risk isn't your entire business model.
  14. IamDH

it just hurts how true he is
    • Up x 4
  15. LucMooncrest

There we go: Finally uploaded. So final video, set to some more....appropriate music:

It honestly brings a tear to my eye, set perfectly.
  16. Cyridius

The day 600 people just quit a server that struggles to get 2200 people on prime time, and you're happy?

Man you guys are dumb.

It's about time we left this game anyways. It's been going nowhere slowly, the enemies are terrible(ly bad), the performance has been reduced dramatically over time - especially in large battles.

You don't know the Enclave. People wont find new outfits. People wont stick around to keep up pops for TR and zerg around while you play. People are gone. That's it, end of.

I could go through each and every one of your killboards and BuzzCutPsycho will be up there. I could go through every bit outfit's best fun Op, and we'll be in there as an ally or enemy.

Mattherson is well and truly ******. A week from now when TR is running 26% on prime time - like the week where TE wasn't running Ops, FYI - and TR is being warpgated perpetually we'll see how happy you guys get then, when you're stuck with Something Awful for your only competition(LOL).

The NC are under popped, the TR are vastly under popped, and the OP is saying "Mattherson, Rejoice!". Shows what your priorities are, that you're more concerned with a "big baddie" like BCP quitting the game and taking hundreds of people with him, than actually having fun and letting everybody else on the server have fun. Guess we all know who the toxic players of the Mattherson community are now.

BuzzCutPsycho put dozens of days of actual game time into it. He made dozens of very large, informative posts which have significant positive impact on how the game has been changed. He has driven competition on Mattherson - whether you like his methods or not - and now that's all done. When literally the largest active outfit in the entire game has quit, that should raise a red flag. Just maybe.

Let me settle a few misconceptions by some very mentally lacking individuals.

The Enclave was never going to do MLG. This has been stated dozens of times.

The Enclave does not use tank spam as a strategy. That's AOD.

You have not held off 5 platoons with 1 squad or whatever kind of fabrication you seem to want to think of. Feel free to watch the VODs of any of the dozens of nights of Ops if you want to prove me otherwise.

The Enclave is statistically the number one outfit in the entire game, feel free to filter it to 200+ members so you can include real outfits, otherwise, sorry :)

Good riddence to this game, and to the idiots who play it.
    • Up x 14
  17. TekTR

Like TE or hate TE, but when one of the largest, most active outfits on Mattherson TR quits the game, how is that a good thing?
    • Up x 9
  18. VSDerp

ahh i sniped buzz this morning good to know i killed him just before he quit. will miss u buzz ! you brought fun/drama to the server. much respect to u and the whole enclave. not gonna sit here and bash.
    • Up x 5
  19. huehue

It's not a matter of following him around, it's that he's no longer there to lead the outfit, there is no second-in-command to fill his shoes. He didn't tell anyone to quit the game, he said he himself is done with it, TE members are free to join whatever outfit on PS2 they want now, but Buzz ain't going to lead TE on PS2, and a lot of members played because he's the only player in this game with his level of leadership.
    • Up x 3
  20. Tasogie

lol soe are nerfing the game FOR mlg, those idiots cant think for themselves they cant handle diversity, an complexity, why do you think soe is removing splash on everything, an nerfing everything so its mirror imaged, not to mention making it nice an easy to 1 shot kill everything.

"mlg" those fools are as bad cod players.
    (professional gamers) rofl! kids with too much time on their hands. no such thing as "pro gamers" look what pandering to those **** nuts has done to the game,

no diversity left, no complexity, its all just paint by numbers so that these idiots can follow it. it's a shame to see fps games so diluted today an so weak all to cater to a small crowd of teenagers.
    • Up x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.