Dont bother with the Jackhammer

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Bill Hicks, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Bill Hicks

Its complete trash. Don't listen to the garbage gun hipsters. I dont care if someone has 10 k kills with it. There is someone with 9878934718974982569814789 kills with the gauss saw.

The damage nerf really hurt it. The reload will get you killed. the slower rate of fire means that people will finish you off with a beamer.
  2. TheOnlyFrankie

You know SOE's style, make it strong first then slowly nerf it till its useless for people. I dunno about the Jackhammer TBH but it seems pretty promising. TR chaingun however.......
  3. Noktdaz

Damn... I was really excited for the JH so I bought it a few hours before patch. :|
  4. Kulantan

What I really don't understand about the changes to the Jackhammer is why we now get scopes for it...

Why on earth give the Jackhammer a scope, hell the option of a 4x, but not give the MCG scopes? That seems the wrong way around, especially since we can't fit slugs on the JH.

At the moment though the JH is decent, the burst mode allows reliable one burst kills out to pretty good range. The problem is that it still is too close to the other shotguns to get a JH over a 250 cert Sweeper.
  5. westli

you can now put a scope on the lasher..... wtf hehe what about the minigun for TR
  6. ladiesop

The scopes actually give less visibility than the 'mini-zoom' it had before, which retained the crosshair (same as the Mini Chaingun). Now you push the whole gun into the middle of the screen with screen blocking optics.

All in all, it's actually been ok for me today so far though, but I guess it wasn't drastically changed.
  7. Peacemaker12

The Jackhammer is...yeah, it doesn't really stand out at all now. The lowered damage range and the slower reload really hurts it now.

I do like the burst-fire mode that has the Jackhammer imitate a pump-action, though. That's pretty fun. But at the rate it eats ammo and the slower reload...eh. I feel like I get more results out of the SMGs.
  8. BoomBoom4You

Yes, SOE had the chance to make it a really cool, situational shotgun. Now it's worse than many other, cheaper shotguns that any faction can get.

They'll never revert it to save face. Frustrating.

EDIT: Yes, I agree the 4x scope is hilarious and just highlights how little thought they put into the patch for this. You can't even use slug ammo + the min damage was reduced. Comical.
    • Up x 1