Fracture MAX now better then all NC MAXes for AI (even close range)

Discussion in 'MAX' started by phungus420, Jun 20, 2013.

1. phungus420

lol @ the NC MAX, and lol at fracture balance.

Fractures OHK infantry at all ranges with splash... The NC MAX has to be within 8m to do that, and can't damage vehicles, and isn't any easier to use as an anti ifnantry weapon, and can't even legitimately threaten infantry beyond 15m.

Fractures and Strikers been stupidly overpowered for months, and now Stikers autohit, ignoring terrain and flares. NC got nerfed again (despite having the worst MAX), and VS got apropriate nerfs to the overpowered Saron and ZOE, but Strikers and Fractures remain absurdly overpowered. The best AV weapon in the game, that litterally outdpses AP tank rounds on an infantry platform, also instagibs infantry, with splash, and the super buffed anhilator is still around and it ingores flares and flys through mountains to authit and to top it off this autohitting stiker round comes from a resourceless infantry unit that auto generates an invisible god mode cloaking field...

What the hell? ZOE needed nerfing, NC MAXes didn't at all and are now a joke in comparison to the TR and VS MAXes. Strikers have been more detrimental to gameplay and Fractures are just too good at everything (hell they are even better then NC MAXes for AI duty at close range!) and those two things didn't even get a tweak?
  2. Tommyp2006

Fractures do not ohko. They require 4 direct hits.

That said, they do still need a nerf. They are too good against infantry. However. Comets are also too good against infantry. As are ravens. Pounders are tol hard to hit with. But yes. Fractures need a nerf the most. Since the saron and enforcer dont ohko anymore, you wont hear a complaint about a fracture ai damage nerf from me, as long as it does not get any worse at killing vehicles.
    • Up x 2
  3. KodiakX

Yea I stopped reading after you said Fractures were a OHK when they aren't.
    • Up x 7
  4. treeHamster

Fractures require 3 hits not 4, to kill. It's been tested, stop spreading wrong facts.
  5. Cougarbrit

mfw 630 + 50 splash damage is a OHK.

That's including both arms.

945+75=1020.

I think you can survive 3 hits with a Fracture using only Nano1, or Flak...4? Definitely Flak 5.

So yeah it costs you 1 cert to not be 3shotted by a fracture.
    • Up x 2
  6. Bill Hicks

dont worry fracture maxes are balanced by the scat max nerf.
  7. Tommyp2006

Oh Im sorry, I always thought it was 4. Thats still more than one
  8. EvilKoala

While your statement is true.. who cares? Effectively 3 and 4 shots are the same for a dual Fracture MAX.
  9. MilitiaMan

Fractures do not OHK and the splash is laughable, I had to see it for myself.

Though they are far more effective AI grinding machines than the scatmax was or ravens....Hell even mercies..

Yeah, it takes 4 shots....But the fracture shoots pretty fast so 4 shots is almost nothing ;)
  10. phungus420

This, fractures do OHK. You have to upgrade nano or flak not to. But let's not argue about symantics. I fourth faction, I don't have an emotional investment in any of the factions and find most faction complaints ********, but ZOE complaints were legitimate, and so are fracture complaints.

Let's do a brief overview of the general combat effectivness of the weapons. Excellent will mean it is one of the best things in the game for it, and good, bad, and OK mean just how they sound, and terrible means they are not effective at all for that duty even if they may theoretically be able to do damage:

NS Burster:
    AI: OK
    AV: terrible (none to armor, OK damage to light vehicles)
    AA: Good (used to excellent, but they clearly are inferior to skyguards and base turrets now)

---
    NC MAX
    AI weapons: OK (excellent CQC, terrible mid range and further)
    Falcons:
    AI - Bad
    AV - Good
    AA - terrible
    Ravens:
    AI - OK
    AV - Good
    AA - Bad

-----------
    TR MAX
    AI weapons: Good
    Pounders:
    AI - Bad
    AV - Good
    AA - terrible
    Fractures
    AI - Good
    AV - Excellent
    AA - Bad

------------
    VS MAX
    AI weapons: Good
    Comets:
    AI - Good
    AV - Good
    AA -Bad
    Vortex? (no one ever uses this, hard to judge it)
    AI - terrible
    AV - Good
    AA - Bad

So that's honestly how I conclude they perform based on using them and having them used against me (I have not used dual fractures, vortexes, or ravens, but I have had them used against me enough times to know how generally effective they are against various targets - the vortex the least so, I could be a little off on that one).
  11. Compass

I'm pretty sure the Falcons for NC kill infantry in two shots or three shots, and for all intents and purposes, can be used to infantry snipe like Fractures.
    • Up x 1
  12. phungus420

Falcons are slow as **** against infantry. They can work, but they are bad at it. Comets are probably about equal to Fractures in term of AI duty, they are significantly better then Falcons.

I think Comets are borderline OP as well, but they kind of fill that high skill role and are fine. I kinda feel the same way about fractures except I see them everywhere and they have quickly become the goto MAX for anyone that can afford them, unlike comets, so something must be going on there in terms of how players experience the fracture. Actually why do I see more dual fracture MAXes then dual comet MAXes? I can't imagine dual fractures are that much better, and as an avid dual comet user I can tell you they are great all around weapons (provided you are good with leading), and to top it off dual Fractures cost 2000 certs whereas dual comets are a cheap 250 cert option, so I'd expect them to be more common.
  13. chrisbeebops

Thanks for bringing the maths to the thread. :) Most people don't notice the difference between 3 and 4 since they fire left and right together so they'll hit a guy with 4 for a guaranteed kill.

The same is true for comets, 2 comets will deal 1110 damage. So NW3 can allow you to survive it. Most Comet MAXs then end up firing a second blast hitting their target with 4 Comets to kill them, and then reload. Meanwhile Fracture MAX still got 8 rounds in each clip to continue mowing down enemies. ;)
  14. Kidz

Vortex is probably the worst gun in this game against infantery.
    • Up x 2
  15. phungus420

LIke I said I could be off on the Vortex. No one ever uses it, so it's hard to judge how effective it is, and VR doesn't really give you a good judgement. My guess is it's incredibly useless, especially since dual comets are so damn good.
  16. chrisbeebops

Falcons will 2 shot infantry always.
    Comets will 2 shot or 3 for NW3+
    Fracture will 3 shot or 4 for NW1+

In terms of rocket speed:
    Falcon 50m/s
    Comet 90m/s
    Fracture 200m/s
    • Up x 1
  17. phungus420

Ah the 200m/s is why Fractures are so rediculous. Comets are ******* good at AV, and fractures are just more powerful comets with a tiny bit of drop and apparently alot faster to boot! No wonder they seem rediculously OP, because they clearly are.
  18. chrisbeebops

If you take Lockdown into consideration, Fracture projectile speed goes even higher. (Not sure of exact numbers.)

To avoid being biased, I will add that ZOE adds just enough damage to Comets to always 2 shot regular infantry IIRC. (Once again, not sure of exact numbers.)
  19. phungus420

The thing with comets though is that they travel at 90m/s, that is significantly less then 200m/s (especially since that can go higher with anchor!). Comets take significant skill to master for AI duty, which is why you see so few of them. At 200m/s Fracturs are simply good at killing infantry at decent ranges, that high speed also makes them semi effective for close air support, and they are arguably the best AV platform in the game to boot!
  20. Phrygen

stop reading there. Fractures never OHK and require 3-4 direct hits to hill an enemy. fracture splash damage is like 25 damage.
    • Up x 2