And the first GU11 crash report is here!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by SharpLight, Jun 20, 2013.

1. SharpLight

Got a freeze in mid-jump, then game crashed :( Haven't had one of those since back in February.
    • Up x 1
  2. D4vE

3 crashes so far, every time piloting a vehicle, 2 times at warpgate 1 time in the field.
  3. Manc

4. Andrew Rayleigh

Well I seem to be doing a bit different than you, I entered the game , exit tube and yell how lucky I am to get in to the game finally after 4 log in attempts and then I get the server disconnect message .:(
  5. don

same here, never had cashes before.,, not physx related, its disabled
  6. SharpLight

Just happened again: freeze+crash. Can't wait for the hotfix to resolve issues :D
  7. xNikolai1

Freezing and crashing within 5 minutes of deploying into a big fight every time.
  8. Vetala

Every time I die the game freezes up and crashes since the update, this needs sorting or I'm going to have to ask all opposition to stop killing me until its fixed.
    • Up x 1
  9. AnUnoriginalName

Check your Event Viewer application logs (Start -> Run "eventvwr.exe") and see if you can find any application errors for Planetside 2. You might not have PhysX enabled, but it's still a running component of the game that can be processed by the CPU even if you aren't using the proprietary GPU portion of it.

The main thing you're looking for in the application errors is the faulting module being related to a PhysX .dll or similarly named component.
  10. Kozmyk

Post GU11. I've had 3 crashes inside of an hour :(
  11. AstroCat

Yep same here, crash crash crash crash, all the time. Only PS2, only all the time.
  12. Hrafnagaldr

My game crashed two times when entering the squad screen. Complete freeze. Nice one...
  13. Chipay

Same here, 2 times in a MAX and once time as a LA. :(
  14. Noebuhdy

Same here, crashed twice in a 15 minute window.. just freezes for a few seconds, resumes for a split second, freezes again, and it crashes.
  15. KesTro

Some input from SOE on this would be appreciated. I have been crashing constantly since they did their last maintenance. Some maintenance huh? I am at least glad more and more people are having this problem so it can get fixed sooner. Sucks to be you all but I'm going to exploit the **** outta 'ya until it gets resolved.
  16. Raigara

Yes same here, always crashes when i click the Social butto my game crashes.

The eventviewer gives me this with the ID error 1000:

Naam van toepassing met fout: PlanetSide2.exe, versie: 0.0.0.0, tijdstempel: 0x51c28688
    Naam van module met fout: PlanetSide2.exe, versie: 0.0.0.0, tijdstempel: 0x51c28688
    Uitzonderingscode: 0xc0000005
    Foutoffset: 0x017cba9c
    Id van proces met fout: 0x1420
    Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01ce6dee3e641920
    Pad naar toepassing met fout: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Pad naar module met fout: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Rapport-id: 6d84fd37-d9e3-11e2-ac44-1c6f65d4a382
  17. haldolium

To me it's crashing randomly right now in the middle of the game.
  18. SClaw

Same here. Every few minutes, no matter what I'm doing. Tends to be in busy areas though.
  19. Myka

I'm seeing crashes every few minutes now, and according to event viewer, the file responsible is PhysX3_x86.dll. I've tried deleting it & validating the launcher (to replace the file) and it's still occurring. :( This is with 'GPU Physics' set to off.

Edit - full event viewer log:

Faulting application name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x51c28688
    Faulting module name: PhysX3_x86.dll, version: 3.2.0.1, time stamp: 0x51893f48
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x001442e7
    Faulting process id: 0x1290
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ce6df5f6645294
    Faulting application path: C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PhysX3_x86.dll
    Report Id: 57868b3c-d9eb-11e2-8a37-902b34555229
  20. AnUnoriginalName

Crashes caused by PhysX/related components like that specific file means we'll have to wait for a hotfix or update otherwise to fix whatever is causing the crashes. Even though we can turn GPU PhysX off, PhysX is still active in the game and can be processed by the CPU instead, just without the flashy effects (elevator particles, etc).

I may have found a fix, see my last post in the thread I made about it. If it doesn't fix it for you after you have played for a few hours, even with GPU Particle Quality set to Off, please post it in that thread.