TR Matherson fail leadership or what?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by zuka7, Jun 15, 2013.

1. miraza

When I play TR on Mattherson it always feels like the TR pop on a continent is all concentrated in 1-2 hexes. It's rare to get a decent sustained fight because you either heavily outnumber the enemy and are camping them into spawn in that hex, or you're being camped into spawn if you're not where the main TR zerg is. I can see why that would put off the average player from staying permanently on the faction.
  2. miraza

Any faction that holds the cont lock gets pushed to the warpgate because they're being double teamed by the other two factions trying to break it. As I recall the TR also got buttblasted, kept losing territory and were regularly pushed down to holding nothing except Scarred Mesa (the worst designed base in the game) for the brief period they last held the lock.
  3. miraza

You have a hand with thousands of fingers??

Good lord this thread is full of dumb cliches and typical mmo forum warrior horsecrap.
    • Up x 2
  4. EliteEskimo

If I recall correctly we push the VS to their warp gate a lot these days, many if not all times without any help or direct coordination from the NC. We've pushed them right down to 4-1 territories by ourselves lately and the NC had little to nothing to do with it. TR lost the Indar lock because not only were we doubled teamed, but their was a legit alliance against us, and they did not attack each other. Third we didn't lose the lock it was stolen from us by a Hacker who killed everyone on the points for 30 minutes straight and he killed 600 TR.

From the way you talk you sound like you don't play TR on Mattherson....
    • Up x 3
  5. miraza

Wait what?? BCP's streams have literally had him chatting with Mjolnir and some other NC guys to coordinate on working to break the VS at places like Rashnu etc. I really hope you're only forum warrioring and don't actually believe your own delusions.

The hacker sucks but it doesn't change the fact that when a faction has the lock they get piled on and lose most of their territory and are made to hole up in a 1-2 hexes, at which point the server becomes a laggy unplayable pile of crap.
  6. EliteEskimo

That happened maybe once to break the over month long indar lock the VS had, after that we push the VS close to their warp gate every night by ourselves. I hope you're only forum warrioring if you think Buzz talks with NC every night for us to push the VS to the last few territories around theie warp gate. Hint, he doesn't. What outfit are you in on Mattherson and what's your player name?
    • Up x 1
  7. Phrygen

<3
  8. TheHalo1Pistol

Dear lord I wish you could spell and use correct grammar. It would make me want to kill you a lot less.
  9. Holomang

VS can't compete in a hex until they hit at least the 65% mark. 50/50 and VS isn't even a challenge, probably why most of them wait until TR and NC go to sleep before they log on these days.
  10. Deathrus

Vs player on Mattherson since it's inception.

VS have always been a dominant force on this server. If you can't figure out why, you need to re-roll another server.

We've had Low pops/Nerfs/ups/High Pops just like the other factions.
    • Up x 2
  11. EliteEskimo

Indeed, the VS much like the TR/NC are always fun to fight against during prime time. The most epic battles in Planetside 2 occur on Mattherson everyday from 5-10 P.M Central Time. :cool:

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  12. Holomang

Dominant forces don't lose Indar locks to a one empire push during primetime.

Guess I should re-roll now.
    • Up x 2
  13. Wowbaggertheinfinate

You really don't know too much when you think AOD is the highest quality TR outfit on matherson.
  14. thrikerr

AP Marauder is really good even without a gunner. I run it every time I'm in a tank.
  15. Drealgrin

That's funny, it's the other way around from where i've seen it. You know why "TR only win 50/50 fights?" Because if they don't immediately see that they're making a difference they run away to preserve their k/ds. So I can see how one would form biased opinion like that.
    Vanu destroy the Terran on Mattherson, the ONLY way Terran can win is if they outnumber us massively, on even fights Vanu absolutely tears Terran apart.
  16. Calisai

Your memory is short. VS was hovering around 25% server pop during the first rotation to the SE gate and the huge Mag nerf in Feb/Mar... prior to the soltech merge. We got a good influx of VS population with Soltech, however... rose up to near equal pops for a month or so, followed by the mass influx of 4th factioners and migrations from other servers.

It wasn't as noticeable to the majority of Indar-focused players back then because server pops were much higher and Indar was usually full during primetime most days. However, the inbalance was there for those players without a hard-on for the crown 24/7.

We've all experienced the highs and lows of the inbalance in the nerf/buff cycle... don't cry how you're the only one and woe is you.

I don't know why Mattherson is VS's only sanctuary as far as VS population goes... but the huge swings in population are an issue everywhere and for everyone.
  17. Phrygen

pre merger mattherson was a completely different server. It just retained the same name.
  18. Deathrus

You probably should. Considering that 1. How many times have TR or NC conquered Indar or held any other continent? 2. How many times have they triple locked all three? 3. For how long?

We've been doing it since Mattherson opened it's doors. We;ve had small pops/nerfs/ups/overpops jsut like everyone else.

What I find funny is that TR and NC both had 4th factions and still did not manage to do squat. Meanwhile the VS steamrolls everything, the other factions wonder why? I'll give you a tip. Vs has owned Indar since Mattherson opened. Figure out the rest.
  19. MasterCheef

TR had been terrible for a while. Its kind of why i dont play as much anymore. I'ma sore loser and i hate never making any real progress. I wish i stuck with my VS character when i first started playing, i just didnt like the uniforms though.
    • Up x 1
  20. Holomang

VS has accomplished nothing without a massive population advantage.