Planetside 2 ultra on ps4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NuclearMissle, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Nocturnal7x

Well, higby does say it will at 12:52, like op states. Yea they only need to render the game at a max of 720p, maybe lower, COD4 was running at 640p on the 360. Also they only need 30fps.

And more people would be able to run ultra now if they did multithreaded optimisation, but us PC peasants were not worth the trouble to SOE.
  2. LT_Latency

A guy from sony who says he machince is going to be awsome not the best article.

This guys make up so much BS it's laughable. When is the last time you wanted a integrated graphics chip in your mother board instead of a full fledged GPU card, this shares ram between the 2?? Never.

Same with microsoft. We are going to be able to increase the power of the machine several times using cloud computing??? Yeah, they have 2 or 3 x-box ones worth of processing power sitting around for every single x-box one users which is going to be sent back and forth over the internet. These guys will say anything.
  3. VSDerp

bye pc gaming hello ps4
  4. Machine Spirit

translation ''**** PC gamers, off to take advantage of console gamers!''

hey it looks like that to me.
  5. Oheck

That statement there is really telling as to the priority that the PC version now has. I think the PC has now been moved back in priority, and whatever changes we see will be those that benefit the console and the demographic that plays on those machines.

PC version has been out since last year and we have to wait for them to optimize it on the PS4 before we see an impovement...
  6. Rivenshield

They also told us the lattice would never come back, because this was the *new* Planetside, and not that old one. During beta they told us LOLNOPE the AMS would never come back, that the Galaxy was our mobile spawn for keeps. And so forth.

It's a tribute to their flexibility that they were able to change their minds and then implement the change. That's what gives me hope we'll see cross-platform compatibility -- Higby's already told us there's no technical reason it can't be done, differing interfaces/controls or no. So the patch release schedule for the PC users gets slaved to the PS4 cert process. So the console jockeys possibly get some kind of aim-assist-bot-thingie to help them compete with the hyper-twitchy PC crowd. Big deal. That's a small price to pay for a unified community and ginormous battles.
    • Up x 1
  7. NuclearMissle

Yeah i also thought that was a pretty stupid excuse, i'd rather a patch every couple of months instead of one each week. Also it would of been awesome to have a cross platform game on the ps4
  8. DerDoopity

"You get a reputation for being an *******, people don't want to play with you anymore."

Unless....
  9. Lyel

Is this just another PC-snob thread? The preformance of PS2 matters way less on GPU and very much more on the CPU, and the PS4 has tons of RAM and an 8 core-AMD.

But that wont matter if the game is badly optimized, which is slowly being fixed.
  10. Udnknome

No, what they said was "It should play on a 5 year old gaming rig just fine". Which it does at minimum settings. If your born on date is 1 day older than November 2008, or if is just as old and wasn't really a gaming machine for it's time, you should upgrade.

If you bought a middle of the road PC today ($500-$700) at wal-mart, it would play this game just fine. This is what is considered a "regular" machine, not that 5-7 year old laptop you've been holding onto forever.

I was below minimum specs and could play when this game came out-- granted, the experience is much nicer with my new rig, because it doesn't overheat from overclocking, but my old rig played just fine on low settings.

Old rig:
    Q6600, 4GB Ram, Nvidia 9800GT 2x SLI, 2x 10,000 RPM HD in Raid 0, Windows 7 32bit

New rig is in the sig.
  11. Phyr

Since every PS4 will be the same hardware it'll be far easier for them to optimize it.
  12. CrimsonDaemon

PC confirmed for beta testing PS4 content
  13. NuclearMissle

lol seems like that's going to be happening more and more with PC gaming
  14. Mauller

From the Carmack quote if you find the full conversation he had where this comes from its to do with specific usage scenarios which involve DX9 which with the jump to DX11 reduce the overhead involving a 50% improvement in maximum performance and a considerable drop in latency.

also i never said there would not be an improvment in performance just that it never is near this hypothetical doubling in performance they claim considering the coding in the entire program and not just specific scenarios.

But besides all this we should hopefully see better games with this generation of consoles seeing how they will be targetting 64bit, DX10+ and 4-6GB of ram considering the shared memory space and reserved memory of both consoles.
  15. Jachim

That happens more often than you think, actually.
  16. Sebastien

To be fair the PS3 announcement wasn't that great either
  17. Mambakiller

xbox lost the console wars
  18. Error-G37

That's more than likely a dev version of the xbox. I really don't think that they would have the retail versions of the xbox in there yet. Also, don't forget that the xbox OS runs on the windows nt kernel, so an early dev version would be fitted to run a version of windows in case of diagnostics.

And the PS4 wil have to run its own OS in the background too. If the devs were writing all of their games in ASM I would be really surprised (it's been done: Roller Coaster Tycoon).

I'm waiting for the PS4 to actually be released and for PS2 to actually be running on the PS4. At this day we can all lay down our judgement. People can throw around the numbers as much as they want prior to the actual results, but no one really knows how everything will play out until then.
  19. Mob720

If this game ends up performing better on a console than on a high end PC... unacceptable. Besides even if they wanted it optimized for consoles, they'll have to figure out multi-threading, that's what a PS4 has going for it. And my computer.
  20. Tasogie

LOl its called marketing hype, an its also about as bigger bald faced lie as it can get. That pos cant even begin to equal a 5000$ PC = top end. This is simply marketing an as we know advertisers do not tell truth....