What weapons or vehicles do the NC have that are "BEST" over other factions?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kimble, Jun 15, 2013.

1. llPendragon

All stats show NC equipment is sub-par.
  2. GhostAvatar

Mag-shot might be better than the Manticore. But neither have got anything on the Repeater. So why it might be better than the VS, it is not better than other factions i.e. TR.
  3. HannaDest

Everything is super ? Great. glad you guys have anything you need :mad:
  4. Terrex

Vanguard AP is pretty friggin good. Easy to peg. Vanguard + Enforcer with shield can kill 2-3 + tanks before needing to fall back.
    • Up x 1
  5. TheRealMetalstorm

game file data*
  6. ReconMarauder

The Repeater would take a clip just to finish someone off in ranges around 35 meters. The Mag-Shot is much more reliable outdoors, and is still viable in close range emergencies or as a fallback weapon when ammo for your primary runs dry. It's just more versatile than the Repeater, though I still agree that the Repeater is the best secondary for an emergency weapon switch or indoors. I imagine TR infiltrators feel quite safe with it when they need to close the distance, it's practically a submachinegun.
  7. Frosty The Pyro

Saw got dethroned a bit ago when they fiddled with compinsator and forgrip values, its still a solid gun for mid long range, but even in is nich its no longer the lord
    Reaver, even though the vortek is a beter weapon, the reaver is still bigger and slower, which puts the reaver behind. Not a lot behind mind you, but still behind. Dont know how much the bullets from the eyes thing will mess with that though
    Havnt used the GD personaly so I can say one way or the other.
    I personly prefer the trac-5 over the merc, all the starting carbines are pretty solid.
    Vanguard is reslitant, but a 1/2 prowler with anchor will outdamage a 2/2 vanguard with enforcer.
  8. StuntPoteten

we have the NS11 rifle for medic and nanoweave (+hp) for infantry.
    • Up x 1
  9. Locke

The vehicle hunter (AP + Enforcer + Shield) Vanguard and the Phoenix rocket launcher are the only things right now that stand out for NC.

The MAX has been nerfed to a situation where the CQC "advantage" is negligible compared to the abilities of other factions (at 10m it's about a 0.1 second TTK difference), it cant sustain it's fire and its terrible at range. The only thing it does have is a faster than average TTK at point blank range on enemy MAXes and an instant kill ability against enemy infantry at 1m if over 75% of pellets hit.

The Reaver has the Vortek damage advantage atm but that is on the list for that to neutralised according to Higby. Air hammer has been nerfed hard.

The Gauss SAW is over rated. It gets kills by picking people off at medium-long range. This is a nice ability but a well rounded LMG it is not.

All this said while we do not have many "bests" we do not lack for good options overall we just lack many stand out abilities imo.
    • Up x 2
  10. Onetoo

Common misconception. None of the VS sniper rifles benefit from the 'no bullet drop' perk. Having tried all factions, I can safely say that I didn't even notice bullet drop at the ranges I choose to engage enemies. The one exception might be when sniping with a slug-ammo equipped shotgun, but that isn't really my thing.

Oh, and to be on topic, here are things I like about the NC faction: Reaver, Vanguard, Saw (fantastic starting weapon), MAX (in certain situations)
  11. Van Dax

Yeah the slug ammo shotgun and the scout rifles are the only thing that benefit by the no drop, Thing is you don't see many of those so its never been a forum whiner issue.

Typically NC do better at longer ranges than TR/VS, there is a bit of a problem with range compression in this game at the moment(i.e. the majority of combat is short to medium ranges) but the lattice has made fights occur in the field more often in my experience which really should help the NC out. Of course if they ever make range combat worth a damn expect the TR to get that nerfed but w/e.
    ATM for infantry weapons the balance appears to me like this:

extreme cqb: mostly equal with slight TR advantage/slight NC disadvantag, there are many equal stats weapons to offset this (shotguns/smgs)

short range: TR>VS/NC, you've got some quality lmgs for this distance but they don't really stand out as "king"

medium range: VS>NC>TR, the loss of high rof starts to matter little here and mag size matters much less as you can easily get cover between you and your enemy. Highly controllable med-high damage weapons are important here, while the NC will say its not this is a good place for the EM1 and a few of your other guns. VS guns work very well here.

long range: NC>VS>TR, VS COF and medium damage bullets start losing out here for the high damage NC weapons. This is the point where your guns really shine as burst firing is much more viable and low horizontal recoil becomes really important.
    • Up x 3
  12. Mxiter

A 2/2 anchored prowler + vulcan lose against a 2/2 shielded vanguard + enforcer at most of range.
  13. Roll Fizzlebeef

Our sniper rifles still have bullet drop. You experienced pure placebo. (excluding the scout rifles and battle rifle. I think that the semi-auto snipers don't have bullet drop, but I think they're garbage and don't use them anyway.)
  14. NikkoJT

I'm going to assume you're trolling.

Personally, I'm a fan of the Vanguard for style alone (I'm not a particularly good shot with it so I can't attest to its actual value). The Mercenary is also pretty neat.

Then there's the NC14. It's a decent sniper for anything really, and it's a starter so it's free. The only problem is that it's balls at long range because of the bullet drop.

On the other hand, I don't really get all the NC6 SAW love. I have the forward grip on it, and I'm not the worst shot ever, but earlier today I was lighting up a TR MAX at fairly close range, and I swear all but one bullet out of ~15-20 fired went in a neat little MAX-shaped line around him. The spread is awful.
    • Up x 1
  15. Menelek

Yes we have the Vanguard, a very nice tank, when it survive more than 3 min to the legions of flying light assault with C4
  16. Pikachu

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
  17. EliteEskimo

Only thing I can think of that the NC cetainly has the best is the Enforcer ML85, clearly the best MBT secondary, and the Vanguard Uber Shield special MBT ability which is not situational, and is just a straight up defensive buff.
  18. xGreedFuSioN

It's all about playstyle. My SPM goes from like 120 (unboosted) to 170 (unboosted) when switching from TR to NC, and kd goes from .88 to like 1.4. The grass is always greener, etc. Play to your guns strengths, play at long range.
  19. DashRendar

I used to love this tactic, but it's not viable anymore. I used to ra** people at long range with any of the SAW family guns. Since the GU08 changes, the SAW family guns have more vertical recoil if you are using HVA, very noticeably more horizontal recoil regardless, and a quite lengthened time before recoil centering making burst firing messy and unproductive. Basically, the guns don't work for long range anymore. You now are only viable at ranges where you wouldn't think these guns would be ideal. The TTK at long range is just so long anyhow, no matter what you use, the game really does a good job of funneling people into shoulder to shoulder engagements. I'm not saying that's a good thing, esp given the NC "trait" of being strong at long ranges :(
  20. DashRendar