Zoe ridicuously nerfred, give me my certs back SOE!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lux, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Joram

I dismiss a giant wall of text as fantasy because you are assuming a lot from a single phrase, dont even bother replying im just gonna ignore you.
  2. Wariamu

Vanu weapons are powerful. No bullet drop in is incredible powerful ability. Learn to appreciate it. And your new rocket is insanely powerful.
  3. Nargot

So OP certed into an obvious future nerf... hope the lesson is learned.
    • Up x 1
  4. Wezdor

• Up x 1
  5. PhilDun

You can't look at public sentiment as a predictor of what the devs will do. Look at the Striker. It's been the most OP (and freaking annoying) weapon in the game for the past few months. Hundreds of threads on it. What do the devs do? They buff its flight path.
  6. Keiichi25

Which again - You prove you can't grasp something above your IQ level, so not only do you dismiss it, you make assinine comments. Thank you for proving the point made earlier.
  7. Galium

ZOE was overused. That does not necessarily mean it was overpowered, but that something was wrong balance-wise. The devs took the easiest road by nerfing ZOE, but they could have buffed the others instead. (Have you noticed that if a MAX has ZOE they keep it on pretty much all the time? Lockdown and Aegis are situational, ZOE is used just about all the time.)
  8. Keiichi25

Actually, this is not true. The Phoenix was the OP weapon when it did the very thing I stated it shouldn't do when they announced their plans to release it, the lancer and the Striker, which was a camera guided missile round OHKing infantry. While I stated it wasn't necessarily easy to do it, I did feel that it should be tune down for its damage to infantry as it will be likely used in the very way a lot of people would complain about because, balance wise, it would not be right.

The Striker, generally, is not that OP, it just seems that way because of the number of rounds that are fired in succession, but every complainer about the Striker kept thinking that the Striker was firing Missiles equivalent to an NS Annihilator, which again, is untrue. Some were literally making it sound like the Striker shoots ESFs out of the sky in two shots, again, not true. The flight buff, I think part of it was to differentiate it from the NS Annihilator, but also the general G2A Tracking was messed to begin with until the recent GU updates.
  9. Twistdlester

The problem is , and continues to be , despite a test server, that SOE introduces ovious OP weapons/abilities . THEN because of this mistake they have to nerf them . I don't feel bad for the VS becasue if I did I'd have to feel bad for all of the other nerfs that took place because of this issue .
  10. Keiichi25

The problem with ZOE, isn't necessarily the fact it could be left on all the time. Having the mobility is suppose to be the trait of the VS. The vulnerability it imparted did not reasonably counter the mobility and the MAX Armor resistance factor coupled with it. While all factions have access to the Kinetic Armor and Flak Armor, the increased damage taken does not seem to be nearly as noticeable unless using weapons that the Armor support did not reduce. So in the case of Kinetic Armor and having the mobility, short of a pure ambushing with DF rockets at close range or ambushing with C4/HE, the infantry movement speed versus a standard MAX movement, more than compensated for the issue of extra damage received as the amount of time 'exposed' is lowered significantly as well as having a higher health pool than infantry.

The increase damage taken did not scale more adequately to counter Kinetic Armor and Flak Armor Levels, in my opinion, to force mediocre or newbie ZOE users to be more frugal with it. And the Smarter ZOE users would use it to their advantage as well, which is why it gives a higher impression of being overpowered because in the right hands, it could reap a lot of things in comparison to Lockdown or Aegis shield users.
  11. Keiichi25

A test server is not going to give you adequate results when you need testers to actually use the weapon in live fire and in large groups.

The Phoenix is a good example of a weapon, on paper, was like the original Phoenix in Planetside 1. But even before it hit live, I pointed out some things from my experience in this game that I believe would be an issue with the Phoenix... I never went to the test server to test it, and I doubt a lot of people did either. When it went live, I tested in VR and saw some things that seem right, and some things that seemed wrong. One of them being the OHK ability of the phoenix. I pointed this out in the forum that this needed to be toned down given the history of the RLs in this game, and stated flat out that it was a bad idea to allow it to kill infantry in one hit, even thought it is a hard hitting High Ex weapon.

Now it has been properly adjusted so the weapon functions the way it should be, which primarily should be focused on vehicles, less so on infantry. Not because of what I said, but due to how the metrics started seeing how the players were using the weapon in a live fire situation.

Our biggest problem in this game is less about the fact that there is little proper testing of the stuff going on, but simply we don't put a lot of ourselves into playing with the actual weapons in the test server and we don't see the real nature of the issue until you have thousands of people using it and abusing it beyond how it is intended. You also don't see how it will accidentally mess up things, like look at the Phalanx Turrets were messed up with the last major update and took a couple of hot fixes to fix them not to shoot blanks just cause you angled the gun a certain way which gimped defenses for some bases.

We also still have people here who make these wild *** claims about how Burster MAX pwn air from behind shielded room, making it sound like you can do this everywhere, when, in fact, it requires so many specific conditions it is not even funny how to achieve it, And again, this is from a Live Fire experience... Given barely even 1% of the game population will play on the test server and do the 'idiot test'... You can hardly expect the devs to see how the rest of us are going to treat it until we get it live.
  12. Galium

The point I was trying to make with the "ZOE MAXes keep ZOE on almost all the time" was that ZOE is much more versatile. In addition to being arguably the best combat ability, it can be used in so many situations. A shield MAX or a lockdown MAX wouldn't (and actually can't) use their ability such a large amount of the time; they give up too much while using it to do so.

Personally, I would go the make-infantry-fear-MAXes route. Buff the other abilities up to the level of ZOE, make MAXes much more expensive, potentially requiring both infantry and mechanized resources, and make MAXes unrevivable (or at least require more than a single medic to revive them, maybe a medic and an engineer, and the revive takes 10 seconds or something).
  13. IronWarrior

I wasn't interested in what you said, but you using 0 over zero stood out so much. lol
  14. Keiichi25

Well, making ZOE a 'charge' situation, IE: Requires time to replenish before using, would put it in line with the rest of the MAX and keep the versatility similar to what the jump jets were for the VS MAX back then. The Jumpjets on the VS MAX allowed it to put itself in places that other MAX armors could not, especially for AA/AV purposes where it was more difficult for the NC Falcon/Sparrow or TR Pounder/Burster to put itself.

The reason I think they did not give the VS jump jets, is due to the nature of how the bases and satellite locations are built and the open-ness of those locations, it puts too much power into the hands of the VS and the ZOE option would be the reasonable alternative, providing the mobility that the VS should have with regards to the MAX armors. But again, the issue here is that the con it was given can be easily mitigated with the use of the Kinetic Armor and Flak Armor.

As for trying to make it so it is harder to revive or unrevivable, I disagree. I would say focus more on the fact with revive, the level restored is not going to be as high as it is before, because in all practicality, I have seen situations where MAX armors going down are not going to be easily revivable or get revived in areas where they get mowed down as soon as they get up. Who does that benefit? Only the Medic who revives you and the person who smacks you back down, but certainly doesn't benefit you that much unless someone else is repairing you back up.
  15. OldMaster80

Check tweetter man, ZOE settings are still a work in progress and they admitted now it's nerfed too much. Chins up and smile.
  16. Vanus Aran

Cooldown? =_=;
    OMG thats a joke or not?
  17. LivesInNameOnly

its STILL too overpowered
  18. KodiakX

There's only so much I can do with your stated limited capabilities. If you can't see it, I can't explain it.
  19. Vanus Aran

Your fear? Or your envy?
  20. Cl1mh4224rd

• Up x 1