Server Downtime Question!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Deldwen, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Deldwen

I pressed play on the launch pad, it gave me errors a few times but eventually it worked.
    Yet when it loaded the screen where my lv 41 character should be, it showed the beginning screen of choose your empire. Also it seems the servers are down so I hope it has something to do with it. I put alot of time and money in that guy, can someone tell me if this is normal, or if my character got deleted??

: /
  2. IamDH

Same problem and it is posted on Billing with others encountering the same issue
    I wouldnt worry tho servers are under maint
    • Up x 1
  3. Deldwen

ok thanks much mate! :)
  4. IamDH

Any time ;)
  5. Duvenel

The announcement was posted 10 minutes ago, so you probably didn't notice. Also as a note for future reference, the server status on the forums are meant to be real-time.
    • Up x 1
  6. IamDH

You are the man
  7. Kidz

8. Jalek

Two hours to change prices and add something to the marketplace.
    Such efficiency.
  9. Isokon

A couple of months ago they offered special boosts that gave you both +50% xp and ressources for a 3/6 months duration. They were a lot cheaper for what they offered than any of the boosts currently available.
    Since the 3 months boosts from back then are about to run out (provided you activated them right away), these new boosts might be a similar offer.
  10. Kidz

Interesting.

Thanks !
  11. starlinvf

Its a lot more then that. Once a week before the weekend rush they bring down the system to clean out the caches, back up the database, run any software patches for the network equipment and server clusters, replace failing equipment, and clean up the external APIs.

Most RPG themed games will usually schedule these events at the same time as patches to minimize down time, but most FPS servers tend to collect a lot more errant garbage in its play cycle. The main reason you rarely see a problem in FPS games is the server flushes the majority of its data on map change, so the cycles themselves tend to be short.
  12. RobotNinja

Servers up nao. Kill doods.