Instead of nerfing the ZOE into uselessnes....

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Elia Chobanov, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Elia Chobanov

....You should:
    1. Tune ZOE - remove the damage buff entirely. I think that's enough. Maaaaybe add 5-10% damage taken. Maybe. Completely remove the burster damage increase. As Cryptek suggested DEBUFF the weps - so it needs maybe 1 more bullet to kill.
    2. Make the Aegis shield block EVERYTHING that's facing it. So that it actually protects you entirely from frontal attacks. Increase the health pool.
    3. Make it so that when locked down, you CAN turn 360 degrees. Like in the burger tank. Remove the burster bonus because it is just too much.

And see how it works out. SOE, you don't neccesarely need to listen to unconstructive, filled with lies whining. Maybe, just maybe, you need to see the other suggestions. And maybe we will get a better game. :)
  2. Ztiller

Remove the Damage buff? So, what reason would there be for anyone to cert above Rank 1 into the ZOE then?

The damage buf isn't even substatial, and probably not even noticeable agaisnt any other target than armored or other MAXes.
  3. Elia Chobanov

Yes, I'm aware of that but haven't you seen the whiners? "OH MY GOD INSTAKILL SHOTGUN RAMBO SNIPER RANGE KILL VEHICLES BY LOOKING AT THEM EATS NC MAXES AT POINT BLANK WAAAAAAAAAAAAA". That's why.
  4. Cryptek

Here's How I'd change the ZOE:

Instead of a damage buff, you turn it into a damage debuff so that your weapon actually does less damage. The ranks then decrease the debuff up to about -20% (needing an extra bullet to kill)

Buff the forward sprint speed slightly so it's adrenal pump levels of sprint speed.

Presto: ZOE is now situational but still very VS, as it becomes a battlefield control ability that you use to get around the battle, but want to leave off when you are actually in battle.

Meanwhile Charge is still the best breaching and 'get out of jail free card' ability.

No need for a cooldown.
    • Up x 1
  5. Elia Chobanov

That is actually quite nice. I agree.
  6. KodiakX

This is because people like me drive around in a Sunderer and get mowed down by a dual comet ZOE Max attacking said protected rear before I could even hope to escape (where as I've had many Sunderers escape my Fractures and Falcons). Okay fine, anti vehicle MAX counters a vehicle I could live with that...

...BUT when I bail out of the vehicle and attempt to make a run for some cover I then get insta gibbed by said anti-vehicle weapon it's a bit much.
  7. Cryptek

As for Lockdown and Aegis shield:

I'd make Aegis shield omni-directional, but make it burn shield health while it was active. (so it doesn't just get left up, considering the thing saves you from C4 and tank shells)

Lockdown: all this ability needs is sound effects and an animation for the spikes, if you've seen or played as a fracture MAX with lockdown, you'd know this thing doesn't need a buff. Second if there's 3 locked down onslaught MAXes at the top of some stairs, you will never breach them without going around. If you remove lock downs 180 degree angle, you need to also nerf the refire rate buff.

The only reason we don't see more lockdown MAXes is because it's quite cert heavy to get into, unlike ZOE that gives you the best part at rank 1.
  8. Elia Chobanov

You obviously haven't tried fractures. Let me describe them. 10 rounds in a mag, better ROF, better velocity = higher DPS. So can you imagine how does a VS/NC sundy feel when being attacked by Fractures?
  9. KodiakX

I have two fractures. They're good, not as strong as Falcons which I have on my NC guy. Heaven help us if NC ever figure out how strong their Falcons are. Honestly you probably notice them and hear more complaints about them currently because everyone on VS is pulling MAXes which are more vulnerable to Anti Armor weapons (such as Fractures, Ravens and Falcons) so the other sides are pulling their AV weapons to deal with the surge of MAXes we encounter.

However neither are strong as Comets with ZOE in it's current state. ZOE needs and will be nerfed. I love all these threads suggesting alternatives but it's going to go. Forum posts can say all they want but numbers in game say another. They have access to the numbers, they can see how well it performs and how well it does.