Is this game controller supported?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tackelberry, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Opapanax

Aye a PS2 controller isn't going to get you very far in something like WOW or RIFT. The point I wholeheartedly agree with thos is the DPI's with controller.. Pretty ****** for the most part..
  2. TheRealTripWire

You clearly haven't clicked the link I provided as proof.
  3. Kybuscus

master race really? you know looking through this forum who is getting laid.
  4. LameFox

I tried using a controller for this game, and it has the same issue as some (all?) joysticks: there is no sensitivity curve. You tilt the thumbstick and any tilt is as good as all tilt. Hopeless.
  5. Crack_Ninjaa

wow, look at the amount of losers here.... did it ever occur to you with your silver spoons stuck up your ********, that people who use controllers might be used to playing a console for years and therefore far more reflex tuned to controllers than keyboard? not that you give a **** or anything, too busy internet trash talking, over half of you are fat virgins i'd bet.
  6. Jahdoh

Some of us have no choice. I'm a quadriplegic and cannot use mouse and keyboard. The only way I can play come PC games is with a controller. It's nice that game developers (in most), are adding controller support.

I spoke with the developers of Hawken and they implemented full controller support after closed BETA. Again, many are following suit.

In my case, it has nothing to do with the DPI, response time or any other of the aforementioned troll talk. It has to do with one thing.

If the game supports a controller, they will get my business and I can enjoy that game the best I can. It is, a game.

Respectfully,

Mark
    SGT, USMC, Retired
    Disabled Veteran (76-84)
    • Up x 2
  7. Z!LLA

What some people don't realize is that many gamers play games for FUN. If using the controller makes your experience more enjoyable, then where is the argument? I'm sure the same people who shun controller use in computer FPS games are also so worried about their K/D or some other meaningless factoid that THEY FORGET TO HAVE FUN.

Sure, FPS were originally designed on the KB/M and to many people, that is the most intuitive way to play. I for one like to lean back in my chair, put my feet up and relax when I play, making the controller a very attractive option.

Honestly, I couldn't give a sh*t about what some snide brats think about how I play my games; the developers however, should take notice and give the people what they want.
  8. Z!LLA

Anyhoo, anyone looking for controller support with unsupported games can try the free program called JoyToKey. It lets you map your controller to produce mouse movements and keystrokes, so the game itself doesn't need to actually support it.
  9. Terrarion

its a lot easier to control air with joystick. i use ps3 controller on pc but utilizing only the right side while left hand is on awsd keyboard. personally i would like to use the left side too but there is just too many actions to be fitted into a small ps3 controller..
  10. vastaitku

I like how the maddest people in this thread are the ones defending pad controllers.

It's completely irrelevant whether or not controllers are better in Madden, this is Planetside 2. Not Madden. Also I wonder how much fun it will be for you to get killed nearly every time you encounter an enemy. A game is fun because there's a chance to win. With a controller that chance is pretty slim in this game. You might get frustrated 's all I'm saying.
  11. arampe

i find the controller and mouse combined together good enough for me since i just switched from console to pc gaming a week ago (o boy its been a nightmare using the keyboard and mouse together especially for fps). i installed pinnacle game profile so it works well enough. Note there are some games that pinnacle don't support now.i hope it works well for those interested
  12. Ten Gauge

For those who care, I've played the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta and it has full support for both keyboard/mouse and controllers, it's also incredibly easy to switch between the two.
    As you say, it's not about one control being better than the other, it's about which the player is more comfortable using, like you, I use both and I find it far easier to play FPS games with a controller, but that's just me.
  13. Kenny007

Have you tried using a Navigation PS3 controller instead of just holding one half of a standard Dual Shock? I'd imagine that might be more comfortable if it worked.
  14. MFP_TK_01

How did he type this message?
  15. Owleyes

I play PS2 with half a controller and a gaming mouse. The right half of the controller i use for non combat buttons, Like Map and Tab score.

This setup works especially good for flying, as i can pitch up and down with the mouse and the controller at the same time. Works like a charm.
  16. TheReaperKing82

I run with a logitec game controller that I picked up at best buy for $15 and it works great. I am personally more comfortable with it and for my play style, it works out better I think. I typically play heavy assault or medic so I am on the front line where I gotta look around alot and quickly. If I was using a mouse, I would have to pick up the mouse and swipe it again in order to turn around when someone is shooting me in the back. What I am basically saying is its all based on personal preference and what you are used to. I have a mouse plugged in and use it once in a while if I am playing as an infiltrator sniping or if I am in a vehicle turret because then its more about precision than the ability to respond in a split second
  17. Terrarion

i would use it if good esf handling doesnt need so many different buttons. These days though i just use mouse and kb.