Stop running & just shoot that damn Max

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xOcOx, Jun 13, 2013.

1. xOcOx

So you're running along and a Max steps into view. For the average player that probably means you're about to die. That's all good death is basically meaningless in this game anyway. One thing that I see all the time though is half of the players around me will instantly turn tail & try to run. How about instead of offering that Max an easy shot at your backside you do as I do & try to unload your clip into it before the inevitable deploy screen. Respawning with some assist or critical assist XP is better than just spawning. :)
  2. AtroposZero

Protip for those facing ZOE MAXes: if you run around a corner and there's a VS MAX there, and he doesn't turn ZOE off to fight you, he's probably not a great player. ZOE is for mobility, not for combat. Take the opportunity to run towards him, unloading your clip, and jump through and behind him while reloading, preparing for the death strike. If you're decent, you might just take him down 1v1.
  3. Littleman

...Any half decent ZOE won't let you get that far, especially considering they move nearly as fast as a sprinting soldier, so good luck with jumping through them or keeping inside their dead zone.
    • Up x 1
  4. Tricky

I would like to give this advice to most fights, let alone just against MAX's. You'd be amazing how much better things can go for you if you would just stop running and shoot.
  5. AtroposZero

The entire perception of MAXes as beastly units comes from the fact that most people are just flat out scared to fight them when they're in a regular infantry kit (some HA's aside.) If people used a little cunning and weren't afraid to take a chance, they'd be surprised how fast a MAX will go down. Depending on which armor they cert into, they're either vulnerable to shotguns (they tear them apart), or C4/rockets/AV nades.

ZOE is the epitome of this: With the ability turned on, and a L5 kinetic/flak armor up, a VS MAX is taking between 25-32% more incoming damage (due to the way ZOE interacts with the MAX armors); if adversaries would just get a bit more aggressive, the ZOE fall right over. Trust me. I play VS MAX a lot... I like ZOE a lot... but only as a mobility tool*. When I'm in any kind of infantry firefight, the 18-20% boost to my outgoing damage is not worth the lost survivability. I almost always turn it off to fight, and then turn it back on to scurry away or duck into a building quickly or something.

(*Note: I also keep it on when I'm running the AA/AV kits, because I'm not expecting to be engaged by multiple enemies that often. That's still a huge risk, because I tend to get one shotted or near-one shotted by quite a few things that I would have been able to run to safety from if I didn't have ZOE up at the time. The purple lightning is also a huge "SHOOT ME" sign, which I'm not a big fan of.)
    • Up x 1
  6. IamDH

EDIT
    Nevermind
  7. ent|ty

yeah but if these players act all scared, then their cries will be heard and the VS MAX nerfed.
    THey will never admit it is their own inadequacies that lead to their deaths.
    These people do not know how to face adversity.
    i wonder how they (will) cope with real life issues...

Or at least stop acting like defeatist, beaten cowardly noobs and learn how to deal with MAXs.