What TR close range weapons do you like the most? The least?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kimble, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Kimble

I have been using the nighthawk exclusively but ready to try another cqb/short range gun. I hear some say MSW-R sucks bad since last couple patches and some like it..oh well.
  2. Sharmanti

Lynx, Carv, PA shotguns

I like how you specify "close range weapons", as if we had anything else than snipers, shotguns and substitutes for shotguns...
  3. Kimble

I am NC..I do not know much about TR except...just started playing a TR alt this weekend using the nighthawk on my heavy and doing ok with it actually.
  4. Loegi

LC2's decent, but I think the Haymaker's better (as are the Serpent and GD-7F, but I digress). I think the high ROF AR and LMG are also pretty decent, but I don't play those.
  5. Van Dax

MSW-R is pretty much the exact same as the orion. But don't tell the TR that.
  6. HannaDest

MSW-R is still good close range.
    For Medics the Tar and TRV.
    LA and ENG Lynx or Jaguar. Trac-5 does the trick too.
    • Up x 1
  7. HannaDest

I know that already and beat the crap out of them with it ^^
    Orion is stil better at ADAS tho while the MSW-R is better at hipfire.
  8. Van Dax

True, but the orion is the spray and pray hipfire type weapon so the ADS is only a slight advantage.
  9. Rhiaci

Nighthawk, Repeater, TRV
  10. Cinnamon

It's a pretty similar weapon but if they changed Orion to have MSW-R stats the forums would be on fire with outrage about how the Orion was unfairly nerfed.
  11. huller

T9 Carv/MSW-R for heavy, TAR/TRV for medic Lynx/Jaguar for engi/LA. Any of the SMG's or shotties are more than competitive as well.
  12. Blashemer

NS-11C for close.

NS-15M for everything else.

Those are TR weapons, right?
  13. GSZenith

AMC 0 recoil hack given by SoE.
    hate? can't hate tr weapons after playing NC.
  14. Van Dax

Whatever man, the real pros use the lasher
  15. Eclipson

1. The AMC defiantly has recoil, though it is controllable compared to the majority of TR guns
    2. The AMC is certainly NOT a close quarters weapons :p

Anyway, I play medic a good amount, and I freaking love the TAR, the things a beast
    Dislike, our second gen SMG.
  16. thrikerr

Cycler TRV and Armistice are pretty fun close range weapons, aside from the obvious choice of lolshotguns.
  17. GSZenith

well i use battle rifle in cqc so :( always fun dubble tapping someone from behind :D
  18. TerryTenMen

The TAR is easily the best. Cycler TRV is a horrid gun
  19. Ganelon

MSW-R, TAR and Jaguar.

TRV is crap.
  20. Phrygen

You have no idea what you are talking about. new AMC bounces like crazy with any red dot scope.