"I need a personal cadre of engineers!"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AtroposZero, Jun 8, 2013.

1. NoctD

Well if you put it that way, then yes.

But there's still bragging rights and faction prestige to fight for, and that goes down the tubes if all we do is just fight some battles in the interest of pursuing the "good fight" and grinding certs.

Winning an alert has not much value beyond a few extra XP, which you can more than make up for by picking a good fight, yet it has a morale boosting effect for the faction. Same thing when we storm the map, teach our enemies a lesson and give them a good licking... they get demoralized.

There is still a big picture to be considered... even if the mechanics that currently exist are as shallow as they are. People that aren't in the know, logging on and seeing TR with little territory getting steamrolled all over simply conclude we're bad, and they aren't as likely to stick around, you see our numbers dwindling as the Vanu that play the false meta rise in numbers.

P/S - Don't you have enough certs yet? :)
  2. Cyridius

Please explain the meta to me.

TE is to ULTRA what America is to the UN.

Good luck getting sh*t done without TE.
  3. Cyridius

Big words coming from somebody in Always Terrible.
  4. LordMondando

To expand my points raised on the last page, even if the game did have more complex layers of strategy, it would not give 'playing the objective' some other 'point' than because it is fun to do so. Which it currently is, more complicated elements like continent progression or a logistics system would certainly help with that.

That would not magically give the game a 'point' though, where it was previously lacking.
  5. huller

• Up x 4
  6. AtroposZero

The only thing that graph comparison reveals is that TE cleaned out a bunch of lowbie/alts awhile back (and yes, we all saw your outfit size shrink by a whopping 60% or so recently). Look at the "% active last 7 days" stat; the reality is painfully obvious to anyone who decides to take a few seconds to interpret that data. If AT cleaned out the alts and the inactives and shrunk down to TE's current size, I 100% guarantee you that we'd be on par in every stat comparison (and we'd be even further ahead on the "meta" stat of facility captures/defenses as well. You can poo on that all you want, but it's still relevant in some way to this game.)

So, what is your point here?
  7. Nocturnal7x

8. Cyridius

I don't know why you bother carrying around guns at all, you might as well get in a line and walk towards us like free XP.

Oh, wait.

• Up x 3
  9. LordMondando

Yes, yes out of all the 2 letter acronyms a T with an E is far better than with an A.

Now how about that argument about metagame and the point of the game, that might actually be intresting?
  10. Giggily

GOOD FIGHTS.
  11. AtroposZero

"kill 'em all, no mercy!"

inspiring words, dear leader!

"fckinnnnnn YOLO"

lol, awesome.

(entertaining vid, though.)
  12. NoctD

Land grab, continent capping and now, winning these alerts.

Its just a massive scale FPS of grab/hold the flag.

You can call it shallow, but it does exist.

And yet I've heard excuses of how little TE can actually do given they can only field 1-2 platoons worth most nights. Not my words, just what TE people say when they get asked why TE aren't doing more.

1-2 platoons worth is not a superpower.
  13. AtroposZero

In a sandbox game like an MMO with undefined goals, it's very easy for anyone to dismiss the metagame or generally agreed upon pseudo-goals as "meaningless." All you have to do is claim that it doesn't fit with your style of play, and... BAM!... you can justify anything that you have chosen to pursue as "accomplishments," while downplaying those of others.
    • Up x 1
  14. bodmans

15. HadesR

Not really a good yard stick to be measured by since things have a tendency to go **** up when America get's involved :p
    • Up x 1
  16. UberBonisseur

Honestly, after seeing his stream a couple of times:

Don't take it seriously.

When he's trowing the J, N, F, B words, it's his character.
    He's overusing them so much they replace punctuation, and it's part of the fun.

Often he'll teamkill his mates when they don't follow order.
    Laughs usually ensue.

He does have his rant moments, but really it's just "rude fun"
    Pretending to be shocked about his behaviour is like getting offended when watching south park.
  17. AtroposZero

Except South Park is a scripted television show... BCP, however, chooses to interact with other human beings this way, in reality.

(Before anyone says anything dumb about "internet isnt reality", let me remind you that this isn't 1988.)
    • Up x 3
  18. PieBringer

Oh, good. I'm glad I'm not the only one who caught that.
  19. thrikerr

lolwut?
  20. THUGGERNAUT

BCP might be an egomaniacal tyrant who treats his allies worse than his enemies, with his repulsive gimmick/persona and his lack of real leadership ability, but even more repugnant are the members of TE that fawn over him and white-knight him at every turn.

grown men fawning over a troll like BCP as if he were something special. on the internet. think about that for a second.