Game after taking a 2 month pause

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Aztecoatl, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Aztecoatl

I thought that it will be great, and for the most part it was, alas

[IMG]

I have to be completely honest the population imbalance and some other things make me wanna postpone playing it.

The new lattice system is great tho . The new alert system , not so much . I thought Alerts were supose to gather everyone on 1 continent. Now, I log in see an Alert '' Take 9 AMP Stations on 3 continents''. I cannot imagine how bad it must be on low populated servers. Population imbalance is redicilous on most servers. If SoE thinks that Server Transfer is gonna fix anything, I can only laugh in their face. Everyone is going to migrate to the server that has most Population of their Faction. I did a post some time ago on some tips how they can fix the PI but we will see [ https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/concerning-population-imbalance.125463/ ]

Have been playing since September and I was drawn to the game because they offered a game with hundreds of people fighting in the same area. Now the continents feel too big and 2000 people per continenct doesnt seem to satisfy. I am not saying that the game is bad. Performance wise is incredible. The variety of weapons & camos and such is amazing [ Altho I swear that whenever someone is designing an item for the TR, they get 3 year olds to do it .. ]

I hope soon I can join a game and see a population difference no bigger than 3 % ..
    • Up x 1
  2. immortalz

Lol

the most imbalanced thing in this game is not population, but a head developer that hates one faction and wants them nerfed to the ground *cough* higby hates VS *cough*

I barely see any VS on connery anymore
  3. Rivenshield

I'm not super fond of the installation-only alerts either. Meh.

That must be why they dang near had us warpgated on Indar last night.
  4. Astealoth

I greatly agree that the cross continent alerts on such a large scale is an absolute mess and not very fun. They amplify population imbalance to an insane degree. Under the original alert system population imbalance was often mitigated by a perfect 33/33/33 pop split due to continent queues. If a faction was severely underpopulated in an alert area it was because platoon leaders in that faction made the conscious decision to use the alert to try and get easy caps elsewhere. This promoted more fun and balanced alerts and gave a reasonable boon to subscribers. Now it's plain and simply he who fields the most platoons wins, period. Multiple continent alerts can be unfairly unbalanced by just an extra squad or two on any one side.
    • Up x 1
  5. Aztecoatl

It doesn't seem that way. VS weapons & NC or even TR are very good in their own way.No need to balance factions weapons and such. I rarely loose a fight because my weapons is bad. I loose because I cannot take 4 people at once and thus this is my biggest concern, PopImb. All weapons seem very balanced. Do not rush in with NC weapons, do not try to shoot long range targets with TR and try to keep a some distance with VS. Thats how I do it and, altho K/D doesn't matter I do excellent in that regard.
  6. immortalz

I guess you enjoy playing the game at 4AM?
  7. IamDH

Same pain
    I am thinking of quiting maybe i'll come back when ESFs can do something
    • Up x 1
  8. immortalz

My biggest concern is imbalanced factions. Then imbalanced population is second.

Why? because imbalanced factions LEADS to imbalanced population. You can't fix pop without fixing the OP weapons first.

#firehigby
    • Up x 1
  9. PhiladelphiaCollins

did you forget the last month? Where VS had Indar continent locked? There's less VS now because they've all 4th factioned to NC because of the warpgate placement. There's less VS because VS is full of babies.
  10. immortalz

Sooo the 4th faction leaves VS and all the rest of the VS who stay and fight in an underpopulated, underpowered, and underrepresented faction are babies?

LOL

#NCLOGIC

This is exactly why I enjoy slaughtering you NC noobs all day long. Obviously most of you NC never finished middle school.
  11. ent|ty

What happens during alerts is that BIo-Lab-style team deathmatch Cert farms happen at every target facility, and all others become vacant. Since the aim is to hold a certain number of labs or stations, people just stay there.

If anything it has concentrated Zerg vs Zerg even more so.

But alas, thats what the bulk of modern gamers want I guess. it's time for us old schoolers to move along and let the kids OHK each other all night.
    Hey, thats not fair buddy.
  12. PhiladelphiaCollins

If that's what you got from that, sure. I don't particularly give a ****.
  13. {joer

I quit ps2 about 3 months ago, check the forums now and then but it looks like the same as when I left, only it's diff op weapons. I've been playing day z origins, that's nice old school gaming.
    • Up x 1
  14. TintaBux