You should get points for killing someone while your in your spawn room

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Saintfanny, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Saintfanny

SHOULD NOT get points i mean.... Damn it

There is a growing trend im noticing, more and more people just standing in the spawn room and shooting out in order to farm points. At the moment i only really see medics and infiltrators doing it.

Ive just come from an alert on Amerish, Nc and Tr kicking crap out of each other, a really good fight. TR defending and NC cap A. The point is slowly going down but considering there was at least 20-30 of us there only 8 of us were going to the point to retake. the rest just stayed in the spawn room safe from return fire.

Whilst in the spawn room you should NOT get any XP from kills. Yes allow us to shoot out to stop the farming but people are just staying inside them instead of helping the team.

Whats your thoughts?
    • Up x 10
  2. Jac70

Solution = don't sit in front of the spawn room shields.

The people doing so are just hoping to get some easy kills from spawners. If they get shot that's there problem.
    • Up x 2
  3. Saintfanny

Jac i dont mean team killing, i mean just sat in our spawn, shooting out through the shields to farm certs. Not getting in front of anyone but not doing anything either.

I think having the spawn room is a good idea and gives you time to sort your build but i dont think you should get xp from any kill you make whilst INSIDE your on spawn room.
  4. Tekuila

No, the solution is having those shields go down after a generator is blown so they can't be ******* and camp in their carebear den.
  5. Jac70

I don't mean teamkillers either - I am talking about those that sit outside the spawn rooms, camping the doors trying to get easy kills on those who are spawning inside. There is no reason to do so, they should hold the points. The people inside need to be able to shoot out in the hopes of clearing some attackers so that they can break out.

Doesn't usually happen, by that time the base is usually lost but there is no reason for anyone outside the spawn room to get shot other than their own stupidity.
    • Up x 1
  6. blessedpatrick

I think that's actually on the roadmap to shut down spawn room shields after a certain point, and it's not a new thing, it's been done since day one.
  7. Daibar

another solution, make the shields stop bullets like in the towers and include a rotating jump pad on the 1st floor so people can get "jumped" out of the spawn if they step on to it.

or put in 3-4 jump pads pointing in different directions and power if the rotating one is too difficult to make.

even a teleporter to a room with 6-9 jumpads could solve it, that way you can't seriously camp the spawn and the major fights like people want will happen.

why else would they put in the lattice system if fighting is not the major goal.
  8. Sordid

Another solution: Shields stop all projectiles, from defenders and attackers alike. You have to go out of the spawn room to shoot. Once you go through the shield out of the spawn room, you can't go back in.
    • Up x 3
  9. Saintfanny

that is simple yet absolutely brilliant
  10. Jac70

I think the reason you can shoot out of the spawns is to give the defenders a slight advantage and I think it is correct that you can. Of course by this time the base is usually lost, still there is no reason for anyone to be in the line of fire outside these rooms.
  11. SadButTrue

I have a better solution. Make it so you can't shoot in or out of the spawn room BUT ... also make it impossible to see into the spawn room from outside. If the enemy can't see in, the defenders can gather a large group and mount a good charge to defend the base. This is difficult to do when the enemy know exactly where you are, how many you are and when you are about to leave the room.
    • Up x 2
  12. TommyXXL

this, or put a new generator that will disable the spawn room shield. with the lattice you can spawn at a base behind or an outpost and attack.. guess some effort is too much.
  13. Vaphell

i guess you all suggesting shields blocking dmg both ways have to love
    - boredom (due to nothing happening for n minutes during the overpowering assault)
    - spawncamping (it will become even more powerful tactic - to win the base encircle the spawnroom doors asap and instagib everybody sticking out even 1millimeter while not being in the harm's way yourself)

The cap timer stays the same but overpowered defenders having absolutely no chance to thin out the attackers' numbers (especially the stupider kind) will leave asap. Why should they stay? There is nothing worthwile for them.

Just treat spawn shields as a scifimumbojumbo kind of embrasure and don't stay in its fov, problem solved.
  14. makrome

...and those who step out of spawnroom shouldn't give any XP too, deal ?
    • Up x 2
  15. Illusio

It's pretty obvious why it's made that way. Clearly the point is to encourage the defenders to try to break out. That would be completely impossible if attackers could just sit in the open and fire continuously at the shield. If you "fixed" this mechanic, which clearly is intentional on part of the designers, then you would get completely different game mechanics, similar to Planetside 1 after the attackers blew up the spawn tubes and forcing the defenders to spawn at a nearby tower or at another base. There may be advantages to just let the attackers "win" this way and force defenders to come back with heavy armor and planes for a last ditch defense instead of having the long shield camping sessions. However, unless one wants to change the dynamics this way I'd say it's currently working as intended and that anyone who dies in the way you describe is both a legitimate kill and killing them is a behavior that should be rewarded on part of the defenders as it encourages fighting in the face of hopeless odds.

The suggestion someone had about not allowing people to go back into the spawn room is completely pointless IMO as outnumbered defenders could never hope to accomplish anything(Including things like throwing grenades, using C4 etc). It's much better to just remove the spawn room shields altogether and have destructible spawn tubes to let the defenders lose properly and save everyone a frustrating default behavior of the game - that of suggesting that you spawn as infantry for no other purpose than to be meat for the grinder of overwhelming attackers.
    • Up x 1
  16. ent|ty

Bla bla bla bla bla.
    There would be no points to be had, if the enemy wasn't standing outside shooting at the shields like idiots, as if they were actually going to hurt you through them.

No shooting out from shields will just increase the spawn camping 10 fold, since enemies will have now NO FEAR at standing outside waiting for you to come out.

It might be a good thing though, cause defenders will just redeploy, and you can stand there doing nothing for 5 minutes while your Zerg caps the point, having nothing to do at all . Perfect.

So I don't care either way.
  17. PhiladelphiaCollins

They've said time and time again they're going to be changing spawns.
  18. LonelyTerran

Absolutely horrible idea for the defenders, but I am sure spawn campers would love it.;)
    Sounds like you want a certfarm slaughter.
  19. MykeMichail

I personally think this is a great idea. There are far too many people who play this game, who simply will not leave the spawn room so long as they have something to shoot at. Their KDR seems more important to them than winning the battle.
  20. DirArtillerySupport

As someone who spends an inordinate amount of time behind the magic glass, up top or within sprinting distance (MAX) of the building I can say there is nothing more discouraging than an enemy that doesn't show themselves. These people never put any part of their body or vehicle in direct line of site of the spawn building...I find this very annoying. You stick to the objective and don't so much as peek-a-boo once with my crosshairs...hate you...hate you very much.