[Suggestion] NC LMG's need better hipfire

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jrv, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Jrv

I'm finding it harder and harder to believe that having absolutely horrid hipfire accuracy is a fair trade-off for long-range prowess. I mean really, in practical situations, NC heavy vs VS heavy in a 1v1 fight at close-medium range, the Vanu player can just hipfire and strafe at ranges the NC heavy couldn't dream to compete with. The NC player is basically forced to use ADS for anything farther than 2-3 meters whereas the other faction's LMG's can reliably hipfire at ranges of 10, even 15 meters. I mean sure, if we had some decent hipfire LMG's to choose it wouldn't be such a problem, but we really don't. At this point, you've got the choice between the Anchor-possibly the worst LMG in the game, and the NS-15M- a poor man's SVA-88. The fact that the NS-15M is our second-best hipfire should speak loudly to you VS/TR players out there.

Really now, hipfire accuracy on LMG's, particularly the NC6 and the EM6, need to be improved to be more competitive with their TR/VS counterparts in hipfire. The tradeoff right now is ridiculous. Even a slight buff would go a long way(or better yet, a hipfire NERF to the VS/TR LMGs), VS/TR lmg's handle like carbines, NC LMG's are the only LMG's that really handle like LMGs.
  2. KAHR-Alpha

I sure wish my LMGs could reliably do that, because that doesn't seem to be the case here.
    • Up x 1
  3. Jrv

I'll admit, 15 meters is something only the Orion can really pull off, but regardless, I would kill to have TMG-50 hipfire on my EM6.
  4. ladiesop

Anchor with Advanced Laser is the best you can have really.

LMGs in general are pretty bad at hipfire, but the 'Assault Rifle+' LMGs are better, especially with laser sights.
  5. Kuklakot

Anchor is awesome if you learn to control it, very accurate hipfire with adv laser. Compared to other faction's LMGs with adv laser option it's much more controllable at range than MSW-R and has much better dps than Polaris. All in all a great and well rounded gun. Another important thing about any weapon in PS2 is hit detection and Anchor is pretty good in that regard. Much unlike GD-22S, which is awful solely because quite often it refuses to count hits, even point blank.
  6. TheBand1t

The Anchor, or if you don't feel like grinding out that much, EM1 are more than adequate hipfire LMGs that are also highly controllable when putting shots down range.
  7. Jrv

Oh yeah, it's totally fair to get similar hipfire to TR/VS LMG's with the trade-off of being painfully inferior in every other capacity.
  8. TheBand1t

Name me another hipfire LMG with 167 damage per shot that also doubles as a handy midrange weapon

I'll concede the EM1 might need a bit of tweaking, but that also is an exceptionally controllable gun for putting shots down range
    • Up x 1
  9. Jrv

Perhaps not 167, but the nearly every TR LMG and nearly every VS LMG have better mid-range performance with identical hipfire.
  10. Kuklakot

EM1 is 143 damage though.
  11. ThundaHawkPS

The GD22 is a friggin boss what you talking about. One of the most reliable guns in the game.

only weakness is bad dps/slow reload/limited mag

12. Zitroxious

yeah... no.. not even with the lasersight, unless you want to spend one mag per enemy..
  13. Jrv

Something tells me you've never attempted to hipfire an NC LMG. Go ahead, try it, and then come back.
  14. Littleman

Em1
    Anchor
    Msw-r
    Carv
    Orion
    Vx6(?)

Only lmgs worthwhile in cqc. Carv only gets a passing grade because of rpm and mag size, but hip fire at 20m is a gamble still. Everything else should handle 25-30m just fine at least.
  15. MrIDoK

You do realize that the TMG-50 and the EM6 have the same hipfire accuracy and bloom, right? The EM6 has a higher rpm (600 vs 577), so your hipfire blooms faster because you shoot more bullets, but after X bullets the hipfire cof is the same for both guns.

I tried both the GD-22S and the Anchor... they're very good for short range and can hipfire reasonably well for 167dmg guns, while also being great at midrange thanks to sheer stopping power. I'd kill for the GD-22S on my TR main.
  16. Zitroxious

i do it all the time.. with the gauss saw, and i probably win more cqc engagements with it than lose.. i do roll with a hs/nv on it which is still pretty effective at cqc but happens plenty for me that i hipfire it and kill people, i think the problem is people just want to go full auto in hipfire.. which is stupid
  17. Kuklakot

It is when it's registering hits. When it's not though... In my experience GD22 is one of those guns that will sometimes ignore your entire bursts, and Anchor is not.
  18. ThundaHawkPS

I have 30% acc on the GD22 after Auraxium medal and it was outstandingly reliable for me, more than any other NC lmg.

19. Jablon

Sounds like the issue is on your end, I'm a big fan of GD22 and I never had any problems with it.
  20. Kuklakot

Or server end on a particular server that is not the one you're playing at. Or particular hardware combination. Or desyncing, rubberbanding. Or any other unimaginable reason hit detection goes bonkers sometimes for many, many people playing this game. More so with some guns than with others.