Forward grip and compensator attachment for VS Eidolon battle rifle?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ThaFreeJ, Jun 6, 2013.

1. ThaFreeJ

Does it affect the recoil in any kind of way?
  2. Tasogie

quick nerf them both!!!.....
    (sorry had to say it), its the forums this is the "nerf the game forum"..... :)
  3. thrikerr

The recoil is reduced.
  4. ThaFreeJ

But does both attachments reduce the recoil more?
    Even if its just a slight difference
  5. Robes

One reduces horizontal the other reduces vertical recoil. If you have them both on then you get less horizontal and less vertical.
    • Up x 2
  6. SgtScum

Those are the two attachments that make it worth using though the 6x scope sway nerf really cut back on the long range counter sniper fun. :(
  7. thrikerr

If you ever used a 6x scope on a battle rifle, you were doing it wrong.
  8. treeHamster

They help a little but if you're gonna try and medal it, 200 certs isn't jack squat to spend. So drop the certs into it, any improvement is better than no improvement especially since they dropped the price of the BR to 250 certs. You can get a fully decked BR for 480 certs instead of the old price of 1230.

If you're still playing in 2 years, you'll find that 200 certs doesn't even matter. I've almost hit 47k certs total and I spend them as I go on upgrading my stuff. When I buy a weapon I get the grip and compensator if available. It costs something like 60k of certs to complete all the infantry cert trees (currently). That's honestly not too bad. Your 50k will come at around BR85 and you'll find that you end up spending your certs simply so that you don't top out the meter at 10k (maximum you can hold).

I personally just finished certing the Leadership tree yesterday. I never play squad leader but I'm certing everything as I go (as I said) since part of the game for me is getting full meters on everything. Once I fully cert my classes, I'll move onto the vehicles (which I've dropped a ton of certs into my Scythe but everything else just has some basic stuff with certs) then I'll go into certing out the weapons.
    • Up x 1
  9. SgtScum

?

After the buffs but before the 6x scope sway nerf you could literally ads strafe all over the place and get constant headshots on snipers due to the no bullet drop.

Was situational as hell but it was highly effective on suppression or if the sniper was not looking at you then you could tap off three quick shots in about a second and if he didn't immediately dodge after the first shot he was dead.

No more. :(

Now I stick a 4x on it and only really break it out on my engie when fighting on a skydock or in some other place the enemy are typically far away.

Otherwise its the serpent for general use and the pandora for some cqc autoshotty goodness.
  10. Gundem

Forward Grip+Compensator on the BR=virtually no recoil whatsoever.
  11. thrikerr

If only there was an attachment that removed the god-awful cone of fire.
  12. ThaFreeJ

In my case,I've been finding it difficult laying down shots on still targets from far as they'll run for cover after three or four bullets which is really frustrating due to the vertical and horizontal kick of the rifle when using scopes with higher magnification.