Ghost capping or (( steam rolling at nigth )) is getting silly

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stew360, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Degeral

Sadly vanu don't sleep on mattherson :(
  2. Frosth

Here is the question you need to ask yourself and provide us with an answer: Why should you have a win condition and not those who play at another time?
  3. Stew360

Because a WIN condition is necessary because GHOSTcapping worth nothing and undeserved ( WIN ) simply ruins the value of the TRUE win thats have been made when the figths was FAIR

Their is no reason to figth for a cap if any silly players can come and take it whiout a figth

This is your answer
  4. TheBillOf3D

"Ghost capping" can be fun for those that don't feel very zergish at the moment. If you want to take yourself or a small team out to some base nobody bothers defending and take it, then so be it. Another small squad from the opposing faction will be right along to take it back. I took a skydock myself and defended it all by my lonesome until they just rolled in what seemed like a full squad. But it was a memorable night with a rare sense of victory for the 'one-man-army' style of play. Which is usually bone headed. Jumping from turret to turret, setting traps, and running through the hallways killing and being killed. The new shield style made it impossible to work my way out of spawn eventually as they could just camp each one. Compared to the number of unmemorable roll with the platoon nights. And I probably did help my faction by taking those enemies away from another battle.
  5. rizzoid

NC have been doing this for weeks in the time after the VS go to sleep and the TR get home from work or while the TR and VS are going head-to-head on other continents.

And to address your 'continent locks should mean something'-type comment, there really is no meaning to them beyond bragging rights as resources are a completely hyperinflated currency with the current system that's implemented.
  6. Snarfy

check map for ghost capping>redeploy>kill ghost capper>redeploy again
  7. Frosth

You are not answering the question, not even acknowledging it. What makes them silly and not you?

I mainly play during afternoon-evening, so I'm a prime time player. But I pull all nighters when I have the opportunity, maybe once a week, so I know a lot of those night people.
    And let me tell you, the people that are night owls, they feel the same way about you. They put a lot of effort into capping those continents or preventing them from getting lost. pretty much trying hard to do their part for the faction.

And then, the people at prime time ignore a cont neutralization or cap opportunity because "herp a derp, Indar lattice crown".
    I see that everyday when I play during prime time. Just yesterday at prime time, we had an alert on amerish, a probable loss off the Esamir bonus and the command channel were all derping on Indar when they were nowhere near to accomplishing anything.

To them, YOU are not "worthy" of their work. Should continent locking ability be denied to prime time players like you just because they feel that way?

Certainly not, and the same the other way around.
  8. xGreedFuSioN

TAKE YOUR MEDS STEW.
  9. Eugenitor

Stew and everyone else complaining about this: I'm going to make it really, really simple for you. The people you're fighting don't care about battles. They don't care about what may or may not be "fair" so long as it's within the actual rules of the game. The people you're really worried about aren't fourth factioners or FOTM players. They just want your territory, and they're experienced (thanks to other persistent worlds) with getting on at Holy Crap Are You Still Up hours to take it. They're doing this because they hate the TR and want to humiliate them- and let's face it, a lot of them are easy to hate. And they won't stop, ever, because it's become a matter of principle: Do not let the screaming manchild and his personal army get their way.

I'm familiar with this mindset; I've been there myself. Actually used it super-late last night to save Connery Amerish from the clutches of the TR. Sorry, guys, but you can't just zerg Amerish the same way you can Indar, even if it is 23% us versus 66% you on the continent. (Dear late-night Connery VS, particularly major outfits: Pay attention to the God damned map you smacktards, and quit warpgating the other two factions on a cont we own when we're about to get warpgated on another cont we own.)

I'm honestly surprised PS1 players don't recognize this kind of thing. Did this just not happen in PS1?
    • Up x 1
  10. Stew360

this is exactly why the rules set as to change in favor of Meaningfull and worthy continents lock if not they could remoove the continents lock and it will be better , having unworthy continents lock simply ruins the continents lock meaning
  11. Stew360

Whats make them silly ? maybe been a 150 peoples who steam rolls 10 NC and 10 TR across the entire continents ? A continent made to suit 2000 players ? Or simply been 30 peoples ghostcapping anything til they get a lock ?

Whats that not been consider silly ?

While some others put there forces toghether and lock the maps on prime time ? whats the purpose to get a lock when its in those condition ? There is NONE its UNWORTHY its SILLY its Not DESERVED by any mean

thats why they are silly and iam not

I do not ghost cap unless iam force to (( lattice systhem )) while your almost warpgate but none of the ennemy figth around your warpgate they are all figthing on south or anything of thats nature force your way into ghost cappin until you reach a decent figth and they start to care about you lol

Ghost cappin is SILLY
    Continents locking at nigth with less than 10 % of the servers population capacity is SILLY

Victory whiout a figth is SILLY and Unworthy

I dont get how you fail to understand that as much
  12. Frosth

Then it goes back to my first post: It's your own guys that are silly for not putting up a fight.

It isn't ghost capping unless you let it be. Ghost capping is always the fault of the defenders for not putting up a fight.
    It is your guys that cause that, so no, the VS on your server (TR on mine) aren't silly, they just fight silly opponents.
    I am certain they would rather fight them than wait for their enemies to man up.

Check your maths:
    If the VS can muster 150 people on one continent, and have 50% population on the server, it means that NC and TR each have at least 75 people that could be here to fight them but aren't.

On a continent defense, it is somewhat easy to prevent a lock with only a squad, even against a couple platoons.
    With those numbers you provided, it means you have more than a full platoon not doing anything constructive.

Your faction is undeserving to keep their continents.

Your night shift is even missing out on some of the greatest fights in the game.
    It may not be 300 vs 300, more like squads vs squads, but ho boy are those fights interesting.
    It's actually pretty fun to outrun and outsmart the enemies, fighting an attrition war, forcing them to follow you, destroy their vehicles then move elsewhere to break their morale. Use resources wisely and pull out stuff whenever you know you can destroy a target with a net positive in the overall battle.

What make those fights great is having a true purpose to fighting other than killing.
    And having a permanent 50% bonus to xp is not bad either.
  13. Eugenitor

And who decides what makes a lock "worthy"? Requiring a certain number of enemies to be on? That'll work well when enough VS realize they can deny TR cont lock by quitting the game just before the last base is taken. It'll also work superbly when they realize that they can set up PS2 in a VM and have a TR character idling at the warpgate. "See? It was 50/50 population! Definitely worthy!" Don't put it past them. They're crazy enough to do it.

Or maybe only allow cont lock at certain times? I'm sure the people working swing shift will just love that.

Or maybe they can take out cont lock entirely! At that point, the late-night outfits will just declare permanent victory and go play something else, probably Dust. Everyone else will have no permanent goal at all to fight for. Wonderful.
    • Up x 2
  14. notyourbuddy

Doesn't work like that. More like,

check map for ghost capping>redeploy>wait 10 seconds>redeploy>wait 10 seconds>suicide>wait 10 seconds>F**KING **** GAME>pull flash>drive to ghost capping territory>territory finishes capping just as you arrive>F**KING DEPLOY SYSTEM! :mad:
  15. Tchoutchawn

Won't work for 2 reasons:

1- Permitting cont. lock only on prime time (where NC/TC pop is high and Vanu is somewhat low) is like permitting you to cont. lock when you're online but not us when we're online.

2- Preventing cont. lock when one faction has a big pop advantage is also stupid because the loosing faction just need to change continent or log off to prevent the other faction to lock the continent.
  16. Littleman

Requiring certain population thresholds before a lock is possible is something even I can't get behind. SOE would be better off reducing the threshold for holding onto it, such as losing the lock when ANY WG territory is taken by the enemy, instead of just all. This would mitigate and render moot the entirety of the defending empire getting away with piling into and holding a single point. That's not strategy so much as just desperation and server crashing.

But scheduling possible cap times? The potential to cap the continent is sort of part of the drive of fighting for land in the first place, even if realistically a continent can only be taken because the other two empires don't give a damn and/or won't/can't field enough troops to form an effective counter attack.
  17. Stew360

WOW you certainly enjoy ghost capping at nigth to compleatly twist what ive said

Lets be clear , i ask here to have a limite of populations requirement in the servers not pops per continents in the overall servers at least 50 % of the servers capacity as to be load in order to be able to lock a continents is it simple enough ?
  18. Eugenitor

No, you're going to have to complicate it for us.

Because I've been deciphering Stew-ese since MAG and even I can't figure out what the hell you just said.
  19. Torch82

First of all, what you're talking about isn't continent locking. If you want to talk about continent locking, they working on implementing that in November: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/november-continent-locking.82996/
    Secondly, all they get is a 10% bonus for capping the whole continent, not that big of a deal. They'll still be able to take all of the land during the night, and get a ton of xp and certs doing so, the VS will still have control of the contitnent, you'll just deny them the 10% bonus. Are you going to suggest land can only be capped during prime time too? That wouldn't be fair to those that can't play during prime time
  20. Plompkin

Stew, you keep bringing up that people aren't 'playing by the rules' by simply logging in and playing? Show me where these rules state you can't play after prime time? Or, I'll get you a one way ticket to come visit me at work so you can kiss my rosy red ***. Those of us who have jobs on shifting schedules or are on an on-call system log in and play when they can.

Can't wait to see the barely readable response.