PlanetSide Intel – 100% Player / Outfit Stats site super fancy! ;)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SecretSquirrel, Apr 15, 2013.

1. SecretSquirrel

2. Tricky

Damn dude, awesome site. Got me a new signature and everything. Looks like you GOLD guys are good for something besides target practice. :p Much love, good work!
    • Up x 1
  3. SecretSquirrel

haha thanks :D
  4. Surt

Nice Work.
    But it does not work on my Outfits homepage. When i copy the IMG Code. This are the results: [IMG]
    Without the picture.
    o_O
  5. SecretSquirrel

I just did an overhaul of the site give it a look! let me know what you think and also if you find any errors! I know the signatures seem to be a little glitchy I am working on a fix!!

http://planetside-intel.com/

also if your signature doesnt show any data click the image and it will refresh the stats once again!!!
  6. Spookydodger

Without some understanding of how a summary number is arrived at, the number itself's value is specious at best, if not outright not useful. I can understand the need to keep some secrets to preserve the uniqueness and value of work done, and I also understand that MOST people wouldn't actually care enough to look into it.

However, as a conscientious person who likes to both understand what they are reading in addition to valuing the work of others, you gotta give *some* indication of how the score is achieved beyond the brief blurb on the site:

• Up x 1
  7. Phrygen

planetside intel and PSU are still using the old API.

My K/D isn't accurate anymore because of medic reviving.
  8. SecretSquirrel

Those stats are the main stats that get tracked but they are divided multiplied added in a fancy way to give a approx score to what Planet side Intel thinks is a good rating on a player if they are kill whoring or being productive to their specific empire :)

the PSI Score is just something custom that I thought would be fun to see :) people are def curious about it hah :D

I hope you enjoyed the site!!
  9. SecretSquirrel

with this update the API is using the latest and greatest! which char is your KD out of whack ?
  10. Phrygen

last time i checked was yesterday. i'll look again
    • Up x 1
  11. Phrygen

yea its accurate now.

i cant edit my post... javascript error.
  12. SecretSquirrel

let me know which char is bugged I can dig into it deeper :)
  13. Phrygen

i have to go to the bar, but as you can see my kills and deaths and k/d are all 0 atm... same for yours as well. Something looks like it needs tweaking.
    • Up x 1
  14. DreamlessLiberty

I can tell the impact score is something cumulative and not an index. I compared a low BR hacker with a higher SPM than a high BR legit player and the high BR player had a score 10x that of the hacker.
  15. Spookydodger

I've long been curious to see what base stats that the developers have access to to calculate numbers, so I've always been interested to see what developers do with that information.

For example, if I had access to data like location of kills / deaths, I could make a "Battle of Vanu Archives" and rate someone's participation in that. Or corroborate roles with need for roles, like if a large amount of deaths to A2G weapons (rocketpods, daltons, zephyr) occurred and then a player using AA in the area got a large amount of kills, I might rate that higher than, say, just outright getting kills with AA versus AI or AV. How many kills were achieved enroute to a base or cap point, versus kills made camping a spawn room. How many kills were made alongside other players doing similar things to indicate a push.

I can understand the value of K factors in trying to assign meaning to stats when we don't necessarily understand the details or want to go in depth with how that factor is reached. A lot easier to use 9.8 m/s/s for gravity acceleration than try to exactly calculate mass-attraction rations depending on distance from that mass and the relative densities of minerals underfoot, for example.

However, it all becomes kinda arbitrary and short of some snazzy UI, it might not be as useful as say... worldoflogs for example.

Also I bet that you can't easily look up a batch of players for a given period of time, and if you could, it would be a huge data subset. So probably not necessarily something you could get easily even IF something as granular as "location of kill" was available. Not an enviable task, and I respect those that work with APIs for their efforts to get around limitations put before them.

Keep up the good work.
    • Up x 1
  16. Phrygen

then again, some of your stats aren't showing either.
  17. SecretSquirrel

Yep, I had to move old code to work with new code so there are always bugs during that process the signatures are trickey bastards! I am aware of them though =D a fix will be coming shortly!

Thanks man! :D yeah the data is interesting, I have a few things that are interesting brewing on pen and paper that I think would be fun to do :D I have to fix all the crazy bugs that are cropping up since the code restructure! :)
  18. AnuErebus

One thing that has always bugged me about the site is the class performance data is all messed up. For example as infiltrator I only have a total of 2224 kills on the site. Yet I have auraxium on three of the bolt-actions, one SMG, have another couple guns that are getting pretty close, and assorted kills on other weapons which all together probably adds up to something around 10k kills. My medic evidently kills more than my infiltrator when it only has 14 hours of playtim versus my infiltrators 300.
  19. Bankrotas

Ok, first thing that bugged me
    K/D
    Deaths
    Kills

is not a list that makes you happy, nobody want's to look how many deaths you have.

K/D
    Kills
    Assists
    Deaths

is more reasonable way of presenting death count. To you, this might be just numbers, to someone else it might be how many times they failed to survive.
  20. redsevenski

I think the information being quoted is actually the classes you've killed and not the class you were playing when you got the kill. Might have got it wrong though and it might just be bugged.