How to Fix the lancer?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by pixelboom, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Shanther

There is something wrong with the Lancer? The VS on Waterson, namely squads who coordinate with it (XoO for example), make the thing seem borderline OP.
  2. ghnurbles

Agreed. I use nothing but the Lancer and it's a straight upgrade from the other launchers at the moment, particularly in its damage output at longer ranges. It's perfect against aircraft, giving it any more damage would be overkill. I feel like it's fine against MAX units in close ranges, but it's slightly too good at medium range and far too good at long ranges. I think Flashes need a health buff, drivers should at least have the chance to get off if they take a Lancer hit. I feel kinda bad every time I instagib a Flash driver.
    • Up x 1
  3. bodmans

you have no right to complain about this weapon, since you only got 6 kills out of 174 hits and 419 times fired
    https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428039961780334673/weapons
    get used to it, kill some vehicles and come back

yes, but only after they give us more zoom
  4. Shanther

More zoom just makes it even more OP for squad use.
  5. Morpholine

Some scope options would be a nice bonus, but that's all my baby really needs.
  6. pixelboom

actually i agree with everything people are saying about the lancer, but it does need more zoom... there should be an upgrade using 150 certs or so to give it more zoom..
  7. treeHamster

Honestly hitting a moving Flash at more than 50m isn't a cake walk unless they're moving towards you. Start sniping them at 100m and you end up missing at least 2/3 of the time. It gets worse when you're shooting at a group of about 5 pixels AND you have to lead those 5 pixels.
  8. Mostadio

Any time our outfit does an op, it's required for heavies to carry the lancer. That thing is terrifying when used in groups. No lock-on warning, no slow projectiles that need to compensate for drop, just raw in-your-face damage at lightning speed. Tell me how this needs a buff again?
  9. Grotpar

It's the Vortex that needs lovin'. Not to much, but it needs some help, and a few bugfixes too.

I think the Lancer's in a good place since the CoF removal and the ability to hold a charge for a second longer than it could initially.
    I wouldn't say no to a small reload speed increase and a 2x or 4x scope. But I don't really think the Lancer is in dire need of "fixing".

Fairly sure that actually just counts player kills. As in the body inside the vehicle.
    And since almost everybody out there bails before their vehicle explodes, you don't get credit even if you destroy the vehicle.

I believe they actually changed that a while back, because there was a time that vehicle kills counted towards medals, but then they just removed that.

They should really change that back.
  10. ih8Darian

Vehicles don't count towards it, I'm sorry I don't try to kill people with lancers and actually do coordinated attacks with lancers.
    It just doesn't fit my play style, so I'm not planning on using it unless it's for coordinated attacks. I have no right to complain because I don't use it too much? Ok, guess we should all stop complaining about hackers since we don't hack.
  11. bodmans

thats not my point, you have too few experience with the weapon to have a good emphirical opinion about it
    • Up x 2
  12. ReconMarauder

Exactly my thoughts, especially on the Flash. Killing a Flash in one hit might sound reasonable until it becomes apparent that the driver had absolutely no warning or ability to respond, and no skillful discourse took place between the players beyond the Lancer user making a single semi-difficult shot.
  13. ih8Darian

I basically don't have an opinion on it at all, however I know that it should be able to 2 shot any ESF.
    (Using ps2calc.com and all the past updates as a reference)
  14. NightFallz998

I guess you missed the part on ps2calc to take all calculations with a grain of salt and it's best to test ingame?
  15. ih8Darian

www.howtokillyourself.com
    You should try this in real life, obviously this is only based on calculations and is false.
  16. ih8Darian

I think nightfall has to try harder on trolling, I'm obviously not giving him enough attention.
  17. NightFallz998

awww it's a blank page?

p.s. did you look at post #35? it answers most of your questions
  18. Saiph

This is hilarious.

/popcorn
    • Up x 2
  19. bodmans

then stop replying in a thread of which the subject you have too few experience with. if you want to bash on him, start a conversation(you know, that feature on these forums)
    • Up x 1
  20. ih8Darian