NC not viable on Connery: Warning

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Archlyte, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Zv1deX

I think most of you are over thinking this, or are simply have too much personal bias to see what makes the current best faction on Connery.

The answer? Higby/PS2 Dev team. What I mean is that who is winning is largley based on what is the most OP at the time. Much akin to life, PS2 is cyclical, going from one OP weapon to the next. May/June 2013 -- The Reign of the ZOE and Striker.

Let me explain. ZOE is just powerful enough that TR and NC don't ever want to deal with close-medium range engagements in which numbers are overwhelming simply because of this ability. The striker makes NC and VS know that that deep TR territory is a " no fly zone". These two weapons are shaping the decision of everyone playing in that NC is getting double teamed, right now.

Lets go back a few months. The NC absolutely demolished (on Helios/Genudine) often because their shotgun MAX's absolutely dominated close and medium range, furthermore the initial release of the Phoenix was one of these OP moments that changed the momentum. They nerfed both into about where the should be and now NC is not the flavor of the month.

The TR had the Prowler HE spam -- where it was a wave of dual blasting death. Prowlers everywhere, and TR ruled the server. When the game initially released it was the age of the Magrider (and really the age of Air with rocketpods and lib spam) in which VS was dominant. Magriders literally everywhere on the map.

What I am saying (and others have suggested) is just play the damn game and things will change. There are equally bad players on all factions on Connery. The "4th Faction" and good players a like are playing VS right now because ZOE. It wont last forever, nor will not being able to fly on TR.
    • Up x 3
  2. NC_Edacyn

QUOTED FOR TRUTH...

I really hope that SOE does not give a refund of certs for the decisions of FOTM players.
  3. Xae

If you're wondering why NC isn't viable it is because half your empire is too busy trying to snipe with bolt drivers to do something useful.
    • Up x 2
  4. Donaldson Jones

Well yesterday I saw a very nice armor push by the NC that pushed crossroads through allatum (or at least snake river ravine I logged after awhile) it was well coordinated and focused. I think the NC might benefit from using massed armor like the TR and VS do as it is very intimidating.

One particular criticism I have is that the NC that have Vans with shields almost always use them defensively, I think you might try going blind side with a good armor column close on the enemy wait for good range and then pop shields and push. Admittedly I don't know if you can fire with shields active but if you can ...ewww. You can move up easily on a TR column and if you can divide the VS armor front it can be tough to re-establish. Key is moving at least 12 to 15 fully crewed tanks together.
  5. Rivenshield

That must be why the NC damn near warpgated us about three hours ago, until they ran out of steam and we sallied forth to kick them out of our tech plant.
  6. y3ivan

because of all those new Helios NC players *facepalm*

I m not generalizing all of them but when there are 90% bad players / 10yr old kids. It turn any form of organized operation into a daycare centre.
    • Up x 2
  7. Sebastien

Only time I'll use my shield is to escape, or to flank a Deployed Prowler. It's good, but using it offensively to charge an enemy tank is a waste.
    While you're closing the distance you'll miss a lot of the shots, it would be better to sit still and slug an enemy tank.
    Additionally enemy armor can be surrounded by Infantry, so closing the distance might net you a kill, but you'll probably die in the process.
    It's better used as something to prolong your engagement time, or let you engage when the enemy firepower has reached Critical mass.
  8. DeadLamb

the debate has not really been about who is the best as much as it's been how much (or if, to be fair) NC sort of tanked once the merger happened.. Clearly if some outfit was good before, they are good now and same for good players of any given team. It's not that NC is horrible on some player vs player level it's that once the merger happened all of sudden all these horrible tactics no one even tried anymore on Connery started to pop back up, almost always being done by NC.

Like "Wait, that worked on your old server?!".. again to be fair, maybe it did not work but they felt Connery players were so bad it would work so they tried..

look clearly NC has good players, good outfits etc.. I think some just grew a little lazy team play wise being they had a lot of pop and "someone else" would do the grunt work so why not just snipe or whatever.. It's not big deal, the better the person you play against the better you get yourself.
  9. JHordwell

The "double team" issue can happen to any faction. The problem stems from the zergs preferring to capture territory in one general direction that will get them as close to "1" other faction's warpgate as quickly as possible thinking that's how to win the game.

When the NC do this on Indar the VS push south east behind NC's large zerg and then the NC players think there's some peace treaty/alliance formed between the TR and VS when it's just the VS being smart by quickly capping bases that are basically ghost towns.

This behavior won't change as long as there are 3 factions instead of 2.
  10. Blackinvictus

All I can tell you is "what comes up must come down"..

On Briggs, 3 months ago, everyone and their mother was playing NC..got downright boring. Warpgate shift and 2 months ago everyone was playing TR....

After GU09 everyon is playing VS now...
  11. bulletchaser666

sometime i wish people would simply stick with a faction though i'll admit at time i swap side to use diffenert gun types but that really it, TR will always be were im at 95% of my time
  12. y3ivan

the only good value out of vanguard now, its that is a great target practice. AV Mana Turret deals more damage and has more range that it.
  13. Ouch Electric

14. Ouch Electric

I don't want to blame any large outfits (who shall remain unnamed), but it really is the large outfits who should lead the server. Instead they are ignoring the strategic situation, and allowing tons of back caps. Who else has the resources and knowledge to address these situations? Instead, you see the large outfits reacting way too late, and pushing 3 way fronts for way too long.

It would be a different matter if the NC were playing intelligently and still losing, that would mean it's a failure of the players and not the leadership.

On another slightly different topic:
    Of course the NC tends to get double teamed. There's no weapons in the NC arsenal that send people to a different front. Lots of people refuse to fight the TR and VS right now.
  15. McChimperson

I left NC on Connery. Zoe is simply not fun to fight against and neither are strikers. Also I think the whole "Freedumb" attitude most people joined NC for does not bode well for teamwork with strangers.
  16. Sebastien

Better to have Waffen-SS fantasies with the TR, and Cultist basement adventures with the Vanu right?
  17. Sardus

Yah, we're only about 60 guys or so when we're all online, and we're only on at set times of the day. Mostly in the evenings Pacific time. That's not enough to shut down entire empires. But we are organized, and if you're going to fight us and just zerg at us, we'll take advantage of that. We're a well balanced outfit of good players and size. We've got a fair share of new players too, and a few elite killwhores sprinkled in. We recruit anyone willing to listen and learn, and our tactics focus on maximizing what we have. Force multiplier stuff, like holds, surprise attacks, etc. We've also been around for over a decade.

HT, Future Crew are like that too. They also have been around for nearly a decade. Growing an outfit is a difficult task, as you don't want to dilute your skillbase. Too many new players, and the good players can't teach them quick enough and you turn into a zerg. Some of the very large outfits, like enclave and 666th, have very focused training programs to compensate for this.

Quality x Quantity = total effectiveness. Quantity does cap out though, as you can only physically fit so many people in an area before the get in each other's way. A pure zerg, is nothing special. An organized zerg, is dangerous.

Connery is the "old markov" and it had a lot of really old, really experienced outfits that have been fighting each other and training each other for many many years. The level of play on connery before the merge was extremely high. Helios had a HUGE nc pop and they are only now acclimating to a competitive environment.

But that's how you get better, you play on harder servers.
    • Up x 3
  18. Donaldson Jones

Cool, never drove a Van I'm mostly a Magrider guy so I default to Magburner thinking. I was thinking with several tanks in a line so the lead tank can use it's sheilds to soak up damage while others close in behind it, but anyway you slice it, it is a full commit win or die tactic, like using the tunnel under vehicle bay!
  19. Twistdlester

^bump for a very true statement ......
    and Yes it's tough to keep up with the influx of new NC people from Helios, training for some has become a full time job .

I'd also like to point out that it's always a pleasure to be killed by Sardus, and the Future Crew is a bunch of good players also
  20. DrMoneypants

*Uncloaks*
    Whoa, hey, it's me, DrMoneypants!

Allow me to explain that our entire strategy does and always has revolved around pitting the other two factions against each other as much as possible. If you have difficulty understanding our /orders, you're invited to join the Leader channel and contribute to the tactical discussion. Or, you can join one of our platoons and voice your suggestions there.

In response to the previous guy, our entire outfit does redeploy to the warpgate very often, sometimes more than 8 times during one alert. Quick turnarounds via galaxy and squad beacon are the cornerstone of our operation.

Sorry if I'm coming off as narcissistic, I just don't like people being ig'nant and talking bad about my boys and I. :p