My weekend on Connery

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MFP_TK_01, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Pengalor

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428011263375274241

Hmm, funny.
  2. MFP_TK_01

Yeah I saw that as well. Bit ironic coming from me considering how many times I've admitted to spawncamping myself, but I usually do it when there's absolutely no hope (as in outnumbered 5-1 and outgunned) as opposed to camping the spawn room when we control the base.
    No joke. VS on Sunday. We were defending Mani Biolab on Esamir. We actually fought the Nc out of the lab and started taking the fight to the teleport points outside of the base. We had full control of the Biolab and yet here I saw like 5 guys in the spawn room going from door to door looking for bad guys.

$10 says that they're statpadders. Again the irony of me saying that, but I at least do it because people can't figure out that standing in front of the spawn room is bad, and I at least try to fight for a base or outpost before that point.
  3. PhiladelphiaCollins

4. Donaldson Jones

Story was funny lol. I spent most of the weekend up to my ears with TR at Hvar. Fun fights, good push pull I enjoyed it.
  5. Twistdlester

And yes a lot of it was pre planned , its for soon to be released PR/commercials . We spend a tad over 2hrs doing it.

I think Phil Collins should form his own outfit and get some of the unorganized NC and train them ?
  6. PhiladelphiaCollins

Would mean pulling people out of already existing outfits like [666] and training them.

Lesson #1:

If they got a little blue dorito over their head...don't ******* breaker spam them into oblivion.
  7. CaptainRobust

Sounds like every day on Connery. I haven't played NC since early release, but I know that the TR really don't know how to drive, and the Vanu are very quick to gun down a friendly.
  8. that_darn_lurker

I never thought Helios was all that dumb, but after this merger all of the factions seems a lot dumber, so either the connery folks are dumb, we got an influx of morons, or ????? I try to stick to running with pre-merger Helios outfits (JENK, VAST, DPSO, YBOK, to name a few), as the quality of leadership and tactics seems a lot higher than the old connery outfits.
  9. Cab00se187

You need to realize, these large outfits don't care who you are. They deem themselves as SOE's play pets and go about committing as much ************* as possible with very little repercussion.
  10. that_darn_lurker

As an aside, I switch to my NC alt just to see what the deal was with the new NC, and in under 5 minutes some idiot TKs me with his lightning on purpose, so I switched to HA and rocketed his lightning to oblivion. I don't particularly care about my NC alt, and I never get TK revenge ever unless its a blatant situation like that.
  11. Jrv

I thought the teamkilling was bad on Helios, but man, I've discovered a whole new level here. Connery NC, I can feel, from the bottom of my heart, that you don't give a damn about me, hence why you so effortlessly gun me down to steal my kills, shoot me on sight without thinking because apparently you think camo-wearing players are from another faction, jump in front of my tank as I'm yelling in proximity "Out of the way I've gotta back up or I'm going to die!" and then proceeding to come back and teamkill me after neglecting the warning, and let's not forget the best: teamkilling me while I'm IN THE PROCESS of shooting a phoenix. You think a Vanu snuck into our lines and shot a faction-specific weapon at their own lines?

Just a little compassion gentlemen, doesn't have to be that much.
  12. Twistdlester

I've been TK'd so many times while playing InFI and people think a cloaked friendly is a enemy.
    But seriously , sounds like the NC may need an outfit with someone like you Phill running it , why not give it a try ?
  13. Dramma Lamma

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION PLEASE DON'T BE A BUTT HURT NECK-BEARD IF YOU DISAGREE, but it just seems like NC refuses to work with each other.

Before the merge my VS was on Connery and my NC / TR was on Hellios.

After the merge my VS outfit met on a Teamspeak server with many of the other VS outfit leaders to simply say hello and get some sort of co-operation going on, and we routinely do help each other currently.

I have never seen even the slightest bit of any NC commander I have played with / for ever say anything like "oh we are gonna go help X team" or "wait here until X outfit joins us." The only times I ever hear a NC commander speak about whats going on in command chat is them being upset that nobody is co-operating.

Remember this is JUST MY OPINION BASED OFF LIMITED PLAY ON MY NC ALT, but it feels like NC leaders have to much ego to consider co-operation thus get stomped day in and out.

It also does not help NC that a lot of new players for whatever reason seem to pick NC also.

That's just my 2 cents, take it for what you will.
    • Up x 1
  14. Electronaught

I've been playing on this service since the beginning as NC and one thing that I've noticed or rather failed to notice are any elite NC groups. TR seems to almost have a monopoly on them and when I say elite groups I mean small teams that come in and take on much larger groups very successfully with magnificent badassery.

Though the NC zerging has been great for my medic though =).
  15. Xada

You people are evil, now phil is thinking about making an outfit, just another thing ill get stuck with when he gets bored.
  16. ih8Darian

Just yesterday NC warpgated us on Amerish and me and 2 others (with BR's 10 or less) were successfully capturing a base and killing 6+ rather high BR people for a while, we lost after about 10 more people came at once and demolished us. It was really fun while it lasted!
  17. PhiladelphiaCollins

Last night wasn't too bad, was in the Amerish alert and NC won it. But no thanks to themselves really, we only took NC Arsenal in the entire alert. It was just our ability (or VS/TR's inability?) to defend what we already had at the beginning. Then VS started actually fighting TR finally, took a few points, and gave NC the win as a result.

That said Vanu barely got involved in the alert, once everyone moved off Indar for it they just started recapping everything on Indar instead.

Then when we tried to break the continent lock again, a good chunk of NC were ******** as **** anyway and kept pushing TR. Rather than let TR push Hvar and box VS in from the north. NC pushed to Ceres Farms and that was about it because we couldn't just stop ******* with TR the whole time.
  18. Czuuk

I was hoping for something more along the lines of "My Night with Superman". :sniff:
  19. TeknoBug

I was fairly happy with NC Helios even though they often outnumbered TR and VS but after the merge, I'm not that impressed at all. Connery VS was like that for a few months at launch now it seems to be NC.
  20. Nepau

To be honest I sware ever since the NC got the Phoenix this happens a ton more. I'm not saying there are not Kill ****** on every faction, but it seems that latly there have been more NC that will sit in a spawn using the ESL instead of redeploying at another base.