TR MAX Lock Down Ability Not Counterable in Building

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NeverWas, Jun 2, 2013.

1. void666

So, OP is mad because he alone can't kill 3 maxes and their 2 pet engineers? Omagad nerf lockdown! Really?

Use your brain. And maybe try some team work. Also anti-vehicle grenades.
  2. IamDH

Says the Vanu
  3. asmodraxus

Try digging a TR zerg out of a bio lab when half are in locked down fractures and mercies, the other half are engies and medics.

Then try having a NC zerg helping the VS zerg attempt to dig said TR Max zerg out with limited success, well I gave up after 2 hours, the TR were still there.
  4. WaiZen

Dahell... I've only seen like 2/3 TR Max using lockdown (I ran-over one of them with my harasser) on Woodman... and I play like at least an hour a day.
    Am I the only one?
  5. GhostAvatar

Three MAX units and 2 doors. That means there is only one door they can maintain a constant stream of bullets on. Find the door only being covered by the one MAX, then wait for the break in fire for reload. Tose in a flash grenade, breach the room and C4 there ***.

It takes timing and skill, the way it should be for taking on three MAX units with support infantry.
  6. NietCheese

The state of Maxes at the moment has destroyed CQC as much as pump action shotguns did.

The other day I was on my TR Max and despite having 5 TR Maxes, we couldn't breach a room with ZOE Maxes in it. Their damage output was dropping our Maxes too quickly and they would duck behind cover when they copped too much damage.

I was a fracture max and would put 4-5 shots on target (8-10 fracture rockets) and the ZOE with an engineer on it would laugh it off.

The same is true if the situation was reversed - you couldn't get out of those biolab spawn if they had 3 Lockdown maxes on them. The abilities mean that biolabs are more horrible than ever.

It seems that everytime SOE adds new items or abilities they break the game, and this is true once again. It's a nightmare in biolabs and the only thing I've found that works on these uber Maxes is decimator spam..
  7. Rhapsody

Again.. people are complaining when a group of MAX's is having trouble taking out another group of MAX's. Your MAX's dont carry grenades, they dont carry c-4.. Use your infantry to HELP you take out that other group of max's. Have a Light assault toss in a Flashbang. Have another toss in a Concussion grenade for added flavor, THEN go in with your own maxes loaded up with AV weapons.

Its a TEAMWORK game. Use that teamwork.
  8. Qaz

biolabs are perfect for lockdown, there's no denying that. there might be ways to counter it, but it sure isn't easy (and i'm not really sure how to counter it). this was today, and it shows how to properly 'lock down' a biolab: http://imgur.com/a/1c7He#0

Edit: I should mention that these pics were taken more than an hour into the attack. The max density was a bit higher during the peak of the attack, and we tried getting in by basically any route only to be met by the same onslaught.
  9. EnviousCipher

Lets all forget the part where setting up a lockdown takes time and co-ordination, and requires that platoon completely cease ALL offensive activities....so they can't move from there....at all....and that the total lockdown effect is only useful in that one place only.
  10. NietCheese

Sounds good in theory, but Maxes are laying out so much DPS on a doorway that you need 10 people for cannon fodder before you can even touch them. That's even after a concussion or flashbang. The DPS would be fine if the biolab design wasn't so terrible.

It's basically a grouping of choke points for Maxes to farm at and buildings for light assaults to throw C4 off non stop.
  11. Jonesing25

Dude ******* Lockdown MAX CAN'T MOVE and can only see a 180 degree arc(as in IT CAN'T TURN AROUND). You're an idiot if you can't find a counter to this.
  12. LibertyRevolution

You don't seem to understand that 180º covers an entire room if your in a corner...
    You can't flank a max that is in a corner with a ceiling above his head..
    I'm going to have to shoot some video tonight of my dual mercy lockdown max..
    • Up x 1
  13. Zenatsuu

see, here's the thing.

TR MAX: If you get 3 of them in a small building (with 2 doors). with or without lockdown, and enough engineers (~ 2:1). You can hold off a platoon. okay maybe not a platoon, but you get the idea.

my outfit had 3 engineers, 2 maxes, and 1 medic holding a point room (small building 2 door), we held the base while a full squad of guys tried to take us out. Was pretty ridiculous.

NC MAX: If you have about 3-4 scat maxes pushing with heavy assaults. With or without riot shields. You WILL make a dent where ever you push. Making a back-up force, or a second wave able to hold the line, or push while the defense is recovering.

VS MAX: ZOE maxes are like scat maxes, but more mobile. With the added damage, using 3-4 of them while pushing a point, will yield even better results then that of scat maxes.

Basically. Each MAX has their ups and downs. TR seem to be best at HOLDing a position. NC and VS seem to be best at PUSHING them. Though I wont discredit NC for holding one down too, with riot shields. MAXes are TOOLS. They are suppoed to PUSH the line, and if you can set it up right, can hold a point for a very long time.

Use what you have available to you, at its maximum potential.
  14. The King

Get 2-3 MAXes with CHARGE and AV weapons..
    Charge right into the room towards a corner and start firing.
    When the MAXes charge in, wait 3 seconds, then have infantry move in.
    If the MAXes is just spamming the doors, the 2-3 MAXes would easily get in.
    The Shield MAX can help too....
  15. NeverWas

cant wait for the video, looking forward to it :)
  16. Sen7ryGun84

Get HAs, all peep in door at same time and unload rockets on the maxes. Maxes die, engines die in splash, charge room, profit.

Thank me later later.

/thread.
  17. Shockwave44

ZOE MAX goes in, TR MAX focuses on ZOE, everyone else pops out and shoots lancers at TR MAX.

One dead TR MAX.

Anything else?
  18. Epic High Five

Lockdown MAXes? Spam underbarrel smoke launchers and then just do whatever because they can't see you and they can't get out of the smoke.

It's a one step process, why make it so complicated like you're fighting a ZOE MAX or something?
    • Up x 1
  19. Sifer2

VS mad their MAX is getting balanced wanting to nerf a much more situational ability. Not surprised.

First of all I find it hard to believe you don't have time to suicide peek around the corner and unload a rocket or toss an AV grenade. Just due to how latency works. There was a good youtube video on this but basically when you peek around the corner it will be almost a half second before your opponent even sees that happen on his screen. Unless they are firing bullets none stop, and you stupidly walk into them. VS could do that exact same thing though with several guys spamming Lashers.

The best counter listed in this thread is probably Flash Bangs followed up by charging MAX's. Smoke Grenades I would not use as Q spam can identify targets through that. But since they can't move the Flash Bang will hit them guaranteed, and they will be totally blind. If you can't counter them after that your side deserves to be farmed sorry.
  20. LibertyRevolution

Wow, you people still don't get it.. we don't need to see, we just spam at the door..
    I have 1 extended mag mercy and 1 non extended, while my non extended is reloading, the other gun with extended mags continues to fire past when the non extended mag is reloaded, then that one reloads while I'm firing of the normal one during the extended mags reload, it is a constant stream of bullets..
    I do this exact same thing with my VS ZOE burster max.. never ending stream of flak..

Really hope I get a chance to log in and shoot some video tonight...
    • Up x 1