When are bursters getting nerfed?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by simmi1717, Jun 2, 2013.

1. simmi1717

So I don't understand why they had to buff bursters to madness levels. Why should two Max units be able to take out 6 ESFs? It doesn't make any sense. Bursters should be adjusted to a level where 1 max fighting 1 ESF would have 50/50 odds of winning. So that 5 max units could only take out or clear out 5 ESFs and not more.

Either tone down bursters or add more armour to ESFs. Flying is so stupid at the moment because if you get flanked, you are more likely going to die because ESFs go down really fast. ESFs need to have a fighting chance if they get flanked from the back or from below. All I want to do is have a decent dogfight that lasts more than 10 sec and that doesn't involve taking 30% or more damage from a ****ing burster max.

- an NC pilot.
    • Up x 15
  2. Ribero

At least you're not a LolPodder whining about it, those guys get no sympathy. Hovering/flying directly at AA then scream that it's Sooooo powerful.

I agree that DB MAXes feel pretty strong against ESFs, when you manage to land consistent hits, so I figure a range Nerf would be sufficient enough. Or perhaps range and damage nerf, coupled with a range/damage buff for LolGuards.
  3. kyxash

i feel u m8.
  4. Kaktwox

Higby has told PS2 pilots to essentially deal with it and has gone on record as saying AA will not be being adjusted.
  5. meetjack

I think bursters themselves are not the only problem, but you shouldn't be able to just pull one at leisure, as is the current status quo.

Enemy sundy with no aa config can suddenly turn into a complete no fly zone within 2 seconds if a couple of units on the ground pull bursters. There's no strategy required. Just pull your burster when you see an aircraft.

Don't even get me started on strikers xD
    • Up x 1
  6. meetjack

Got a link Kaktwox? Wouldn't mind having a look at his take on it.
  7. Sapare

and on release it was "gone on record" saying that lattice will never be a thing and libs will never be nerved, go away.
    • Up x 2
  8. CNR4806

My usual stance: Nerf lolpods even harder to put ESFs back to what they should be doing, then nerf AA to let Libs do their job.
  9. simmi1717

Yes thanks for assuming that I'm flying directly at AA or hovering above them.

I'm level 66. I use vortek and afterburners. There is no reason for me to hover or fly at AA. I'm only looking to kill air targets and I'm always on the move. The reason I die is because when I'm fighting I sometimes without realizing go into the edge of enemy terriroty chasing an ESF and out of the blue I die because some ****ing burster somewhere is shooting me out of the sky.
  10. Kaktwox

11. meetjack

12. Kaktwox

So are you trying to say Higby didn't make this comment or are you saying we should all just not listen to Higby when he makes a direct statement about something?

Last I checked he was the Creative Director of this game and until I hear from some other reliable source that AA will be being adjusted then that is what I'm going to believe.

Now, you can take your ignorant reply and "go away".
  13. woooow

uh if 2 bursters are taking out 6 esf's at one time, the esf's are lining up and waiting patiently during reloads or something
    • Up x 4
  14. SgtBreastroker

No.
    • Up x 2
  15. SgtBreastroker

No.
  16. simmi1717

I have no idea what you just said.
  17. woooow

good now we're even
  18. simmi1717

You are just posting garbage. Which post of mine did you not understand troll?
  19. MaxDamage

My guess is when or if they ever become OP.
    Currently they are nice deterrents, but Air > Air.
  20. simmi1717

You must be a noob burster max user.