ZOE max is still to powerfull

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Nocturnal, May 29, 2013.

1. Bill Hicks

People dont get it. A TR max that uses lock down all the time will get killed easily A NC max who always uses the shield will just get C- 4'd or just be useless for most of the battle.

BUT a VS Max is rewarded for using ZOE all the TIME. It is simply a straight upgrade with nearly Zero downsides. It still has enough health to survive most anything and has the speed it gains allows to avoid damage far better than any armor it lost.
    • Up x 1
  2. SolidSnake

Those are all time numbers aren't they? If you're including numbers from launch it's easy to see then why the Scatmax has more kills. I think it's been agreed that it performed better than all other Maxes therefore more players used them and they were eventually nerfed. I'd like to see those numbers in a couple of weeks. Look at the stats sorted by Overall stats, VS is in second place already.

Considering how much the VS are using their super lobsters now I wouldn't be surprised if they passed months and months of NC Max usage in a few weeks. I'd like to see the numbers since the last update alone, I think that would provide a more accurate picture.
  3. felfox

I think part if the problem I'm seeing is people aren't really sure what any of our faction traits really are and often confuse them. The game handles traits more as a concept than specifics and this leads people to argue one instance if it's not identical in the next.

Starting with NC, I think most people agree and understand. The NC are a tanker faction, not in that they are meant to use tanks but that they are highly resistant with very high burst damage but ultimately slow and cumbersome. Their tank has insane burst damage, highest armour and an ability for even more defense, however it is slow to move and unstable. The flying brick reaver has high armour and damage but insane momentum and stability. Finally, the max shows us their burst damage in the form of insta kill shotguns and a defensive portable shield, they require close combat to be effective though, showcasing the clunkiness of the faction.

TR is not actually a rush down faction but instead one of a coordinated moving wall of force. They are meant to sustain and supress as seen in their rate of fire and magazine size. The fact that their tanks have the highest speed is not actually the defining trait but instead one of positioning. Prowlers speed into position and then lockdown to deliver maximum damage sustainability. The mossie is fast but the true potential is the nimbleness, allowing it to always stay on top of the enemy, the speed is again for positioning. Lastly the lockdown embodies the moving wall as the reletivly quick animation allows maxes to leapfrog closer and closer while keeping up a never ending stream of lead.

Finally the VS. The VS' trait is not just speed and accuracy, it's adaptability. The VS are a jack of all trade whose strength lies in the ability to always be moderately prepared. Lacking the clip size or damage of the TR/NC, vanu guns reload faster and have increased accuracy for on the fly combat. The Magrider does not have the burst, sustainability or defense of the others but the nimble moving allows for a tank that is supposed to be able and react to any terrain or enemy. This is again seen in the scythe whose stability lets it always be where it's needed. This brings us to the ZOE... The ZOE is meant to be adaptability and versitity, it's meant as a near passive alteration of style so that the pilot is always helpful. Which causes the balancing problem with the other two faction abilities.

The ZoE is a jack of all master of none, it's not meant to be situational because its not supposed to excell like the others do. The speed vs armour portion is meant as a slight overal defensive/positional ability that penalizes poor planning. The damage portion is meant to add a slightly greater pushing power. Lockdown and the shield are absolutes and as such become situational abilities.

Potentially, the VS would be using their power near constant but will fail against the other two when they are used properly.

Unfortunately for balance, what we see is the VS max being slightly OP all the time where as lockdown and aegis are extremely OP under finite situations. Currently the game places now real absolute victory so even a slightly constant state of OP is infinitely more noticible and game breaking then a situational power that could entirely turn the tides of a single battle. I would argue that it's not so much as the ZOE is OP it's that the game currently does not reward the aegis and lockdown using MAXs as much.

Continent locking and valuable resources will undoubtably alter the importance of the three MAX abilities and I would be willing to bet a massive spike in lockdown and aegis maxes will occur.
  4. PaperPlanes

You're a ******* idiot, it's really easy to C4 a ZOE. You can't escape any proper C4 attack without Charge, even ZOE is too slow. It's happened to my level 5 ZOE a bunch of times already, and I have very quick reaction times in games as well as sports. I can start sprinting away as soon as I see a guy holding a detonator and it won't matter, C4 can be tossed far enough to catch me and detonated quick enough to kill me.

And let's not forget one decimator rocket can take off about 90% of a ZOE's health, essentially making it a OHKO as the ZOE can easily be finished off with less than half a magazine of any small arm at that point.

Think smarter and play better. That's all it takes to win against ZOE. Stop crying to SOE to do everything for you.
  5. Dytto

So you complain because in an FPS, people can strafe (without any hitbox glitch).
    Ok... I won't go back to this thread, I let you have the last word.
  6. Hagestol

This site offers daily stats for weapons, vehicles and more.

Yeah, the scattermax, hackmax AND grindermax getting more kills in CQC than any other max in total sum, counting CQC and mid range isn't overpowered at all. It is really balanced. Nerf ZOE. :rolleyes:
  7. Lyel

Then you're REALLY godam ignorant for missing the problem.

You can dodge bullets as an infantry unit, that's fine.

A MAX shouldn't have that ability.

But fine, you wanna act dominant? Don't respond. Just ponder what I just said.
  8. Lyel

Because they weren't nerfed already?

Put a little more cognition into your arguments. It's not very convincing when the teacher calls you out, and you just start pointing fingers.
  9. Lyel

Because it takes skill to use C4...

As far as I'm concerned, you ready yourself in the middle of a zerg, jet pack around and throw them everywhere, smashing your left mouse button, hoping you got yourself a few suicide kills.

So yeah, not being able to escape C4 doesn't really say much in the world of balance.
  10. sindz

Fractures are OP.
  11. Lyel

Yeah... yeah, they kinda are x)

But hey, at least VS has the Vortex, the ultimate weapon against MAXES
  12. sindz

Yes and a whopping 70 or 75% (cant remember the exact number) reduction against infantry, which the fracture and raven should have aswell :)

Anyhow, regarding ZOE. Skip it all together and give VS jumpjets.
  13. Dervishkid

i don;t think ZOE op. more like NO bad time to use it.

Lockdown has bad times to use it.
    NC shield thingy. Bad times to use it.
    ZoE run about like hyper bunny. always good.

so ethier ZoE needs something that makes poeple think. this might not be the best ideal here. or the other 2 need something to give them a All aroud useful anyplace feeling. like ZoE got atm.
  14. sindz

This is the worst argument ever. Ofc there is a bad time to use it, when you are getting peltered with gunfire and rockets, since you take more dmg.

The argument if anything, should be. You shouldn't be able to toggle it on and off with no downsides, not there isnt any downside to ZOE cause it clearly states you take extra dmg.

But if you make a toggle CD, the ability will become garbage. So once again, remove ZOE and introduce jumpjets.
  15. Kidz

Nope, the vortex has already been nerfed against MAXes. Try again.
  16. CertifiedPi3142

I think the best way to fix this is to make the ZOE take time to activate and deactivate. Furthermore, make the MAX move slowly and lock weapons when "winding up" the engine.
  17. Kon

i think its even simpler than that, give them nominal infantry movement atm its strafing is faster than normal infantry, furthermore while they are shooting they have ADS movement penalty so they are more easier to hit while dishing out the damage, but can just move fast and dodge while not
  18. metrotw

The nerfbat cometh
  19. K3RBY

FAAACK YOU!, you guys have op max shotguns for how long now? DID WE COMPLAIN? NO.
    SO ****
  20. Entarticus

Actually there was allot of complaining from both TR and VS and we got a triple nerf.