Lattice doesn't stop ghostcapping.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chipay, May 31, 2013.

1. ent|ty

Please don't speak for everyone. Speak for yourself.

Some of us fly around, patrol and repair things that are broken behind enemy lines. If there is enemy activity, we neutralize it.

It's not the developer's fault if people can't defend their own bases. But now it IS their responsibility now have implemented systems to hold your hand, and gently guide you.. how pathetic.

Why do you care anyway? Noone asks you to defend/patrol bases and neutralizing ghostcappers. If you don't like doing it, then don't, there are other people that were.
    • Up x 3
  2. MorganM

You're missing the point... you kill him.. neato.... oh but you stayed there to 'defend' it... irrelivant
    He respawns 10 sec later and goes to a DIFFERENT hex, flips that point, and moves on while you guys are standing around "defending".

"So just go kill him... again"

So a handful of people are zipping around the map trying to stop a handful of ppl from ghostcapping. That might be fun for a few people but not the game I want to play. Nobody was ever stopping you from doing it. How much did you do this? It was a lot of fun right?

Oh just have ppl actually defend empty bases and stop random ghostcappers!
    Again... who wants to play that game? Apparently almost nobody because it doesn't happen. Nobody was prevented from doing this. However nobody wanted to do it and I don't blame them.
  3. MorganM

You're missing the point... you kill him.. neato.... oh but you stayed there to 'defend' it... irrelivant
    He respawns 10 sec later and goes to a DIFFERENT hex, flips that point, and moves on while you guys are standing around "defending".

"So just go kill him... again"

So a handful of people are zipping around the map trying to stop a handful of ppl from ghostcapping. That might be fun for a few people but not the game I want to play. Nobody was ever stopping you from doing it. How much did you do this? It was a lot of fun right?

Oh just have ppl actually defend empty bases and stop random ghostcappers!
    Again... who wants to play that game? Apparently almost nobody because it doesn't happen. Nobody was prevented from doing this. However nobody wanted to do it and I don't blame them.
  4. HadesR

Defending uncontested bases ... The gaming equivalent of stamp collecting :p
  5. indianahoops

And you finally got to the problem....

If someone doesn't stop what they are doing (having fun in a massive battle) to go chase one dude who thinks he is being clever or farming XP, bases get captured. The guy who avoided the fight is getting rewarded. Which would be fine if this wasn't a FPS

NOBODY wants to sit in empty bases and defend or chase some random dude around the map......its BORING. That's what HEX promotes.

People will defend.....if there is actually more than 2 people attacking.......that's what Lattice promotes.

The difference between HEX and Lattice is just the odds of actually finding more than 10 people defending a base.
    • Up x 2
  6. Goretzu

That's exactly the point though.

People do, people spend their entire gaming time doing something that isn't very rewarding (compared to big fights or ghosthacking itself) or very much fun, just to help their faction.

Nerfing how many certs per min ghosthacking brings would certainly be another solution.
  7. UberBonisseur

That is a fallacy

It promotes capping bases; it just does not promote defending against those cappers, thus the empty part.
    No XP incentives to stand there and flip back points and no easy access to global redeployment (sigh) play a big part.
  8. loleator

Big battles = spam battles.

Lattice has brought a nice thing: people have started to play on Esamir and Amerish more.
    • Up x 1
  9. Patrician

Ah, another anti-lattice thread thread, disguised as an original and insightful thread.
  10. Sapare

I think people like you forget that this "ghost capper" does not ENJOY ghoast capping, if you walked in and killed him I am can tell you for a fact that he wasnt looking for a ghost cap, he was looking for a small fight. If you walked in and he was not even there, he was ghost capping, and that is a problem people already mentioned many ways to fix, simply having points flip back if the person leaves the point is it.

The other thing, the person DOES NOT SPAWN at your base HE SPAWNS AT HIS OWN BASE. He needs to spawn a vhiecly and make his way to your base, while you SPAWN at the base, and have 5 min after he starts capping to stop him.

You have ALL the advantages.

And because each faction has "ghost cappers" they will always equal each other out: Matter off fact, ghost capping was a minor problem. What the OP posted was the real problem.

As for OP, first I thought you were stupid, then i noticed how sarcastic your post and the replies were. I support your endevor.
  11. Hermit92

Well I actually don't know the precise definition of ghostcapping I always thought of it as just ppl running around capping points. I do know that lattice stops backcapping and define a clear frontline so that you don't have to worry about ppl constantly getting around big battles and cutting off the hexes. As for 3 lanes per faction I hope that is a joke. 3 lanes only? What is this LoL?
  12. Crator

You are correct, it doesn't stop ghost-capping. But the lattice also wasn't meant to stop it completely. It was meant to reduce it, which is does beautifully! ;) Thanks for playin'!
  13. Paisty

BS, your willfully ignorant or illiterate.
  14. Paisty

And the April 4th update, the first Lettuce system setup patch, increased ghost capping(both definitions) astronomically.

Everyone blames the hex system, but it was removal of the requirement to be on point and the removal of the influence system that let ghost capping get to where it is. That requirement was changed as part of the Lettuce system.

Just more lettuce fail everywhere I look, gonna be funny when you pro-lettuce folks realize how boring the Lettuce is. It's the exact same fight over and over and over again......... Boring as hell.
  15. Sebastien

I have yet to see the people that enjoy doing this.
  16. Tolas

why is this a problem with lattice now?

all i see is that lattice was placed in a map with way too many places to capture

sometimes providing alot of options isnt the best course of action, especially considering when you dont have enough players on at every minute of the day to take advantage of those other "options"

server merges wont fix the problem, loss of playerbase will only be remedied with better content, fewer bugs, and more consistent and enjoyable gameplay (FRAMERATE IS A BIG ******* FACTOR IN THAT SINCE PEOPLE DONT LIKE PLAYING AT 20-30 FPS IN LARGE BATTLES, YOU KNOW, THE THING THE GAMEPLAY IS DESIGNED SOLELY AROUND)

ill leave yall to your whining about the problems, ill keep talking about the causes

its like trying to argue with someone about what big pharma medicine they should be taking for their cancer, while ignoring me telling them why they developed the cancer to begin with, which would in turn prevent the cancer from spreading and getting worse in the 1st place
  17. Crator

I'm a PS1 vet since 2003, gonna be hard to convince me that the lattice is bad. I rarely played PS2 up until they put in the lattice on Indar because the larger, more persistent battles, were far an few between. Now, we at least have a decent 15-30 minute fight happen in areas. That's a short battle compared to PS1 battles btw. Yes, they can go on for longer then that too but consider this. I'm hoping they are going to eventually remove the 3-empire footholds in favor of implementing home continents for each empire. This will reduce the 3-way stalemates that continuously occur. And it will allow more fluid movement through the map to attempt to lock it for you empire.
  18. Nocturnal7x

19. Gammit

LOL
  20. ent|ty

Good thing it doesn't matter what you observe or not.

I restate, there are those of us who take care of it.. Or used to take care of it. Now we don't have to. SOE took our job away.