Players seem confused in PS2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zaskar, May 30, 2013.

1. Antreya

Players aren't confused, this game was built to cater to the CoD crowd and therefor attracted the CoD crowd, which plays the game like CoD. It'd be an entirely different matter if this game was built for planetside players, but sadly, it was not, so you just have to accept the gameplay because the playerbase will not change and it will remain deathmatch cert farming.
  2. PresidentFreeman

They are simply complacent to do what they do instead of taking the risk of capturing/recapturing a point.

I do notice that there is a flock mentality to things though, if enough people make a move others will follow. The people in the spawn see no one else moving and they either assume someone else will get the job done, or that they wouldn't have a chance doing it all alone.

I do sometimes find that putting down an ammo pack on a nearby vantage point is enough incentive to lure a heavy or two out, but it isn't really enough.
  3. TommyXXL

the only tactic that works(worked) was that you and your team would spawn a hex around at another base and attack them from there.. now guess what, you can only spawn behind, thank you lattice !
  4. buckthesystem

You want to fix it, remove xp rewards from kills. only caps and defenses get xp. see how the point gets bumrushed then.
  5. Sapare

1st. This doesn't even begin to make any sense, bacause one is a stratigic level argument, the other a tactical level argument...

2nd. Why does this guy have 3 upvotes, are there seriously 3 other people who were like "this totally makes is the reason!" or is it lattice supporter costom to just upvote each other all night?
    • Up x 1
  6. Gisgo

Advanced Mobile Station.
    Keyword being "mobile".
    You can spawn EVERYWHERE if you are willing to defend your spawn point.
  7. Vorxil

Spawn rooms notwithstanding (they're an entirely different kettle of fish), can we assume these guys are merely playing it safe? I mean, it's a bit difficult to push with a wall of bullets coming at your direction. Assuming the line of battle isn't fluctuating massively, of course.
  8. Cl1mh4224rd

It wouldn't have been a wise decision to develop a game of this size for just the few hundred "PlanetSide players" that were still around at the time...
    • Up x 1
  9. Cl1mh4224rd

It's OK. I didn't get it, either...