Lattice support statistics

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jaeger TR player, May 30, 2013.

1. iccle

Indar is mostly always busy, other continents are mostly always empty (except for the odd alert). No made up statistics, just in game observations.
  2. Jaeger TR player

I'm not asking people to vote under the premise that it will change SOE's plan (just like it didn't change it for Shotguns). I'm simply stirring the "Lattice" pot and pointing people to the Roadmap as a way to obtain a more valid sample size to either prove or disprove the "lattice is prefered by the large majority" claim that I believe is taken out of thin air.
  3. Loegi

The chance's high that everything on the roadmap's going to be implemented. I consider it more as a guide for the developers to see how much people want it, and if it should be moved to a different timeslot. Obviously this is a bit more difficult to do the closer we are to the release month, but apparently people wanted it this way and not show the development month.
  4. Jaeger TR player

Absolutely correct. But in a month from now, or after Esamir Lattice is on Live, a little push from this thread may mean there is a valid sample size that would have meaning.
    • Up x 1
  5. Kenny007

These numbers aren't definitive of much of anything. I'm 100% behind the Lattice and I'd much rather see another continent launch than I would lattice added to the existing ones. Don't get me wrong, I want lattice on those ASAP too, but before a brand new, shiny continent? No.

Also, I think Hossin has been on the roadmap longer than the 'Add Lattice' entries, thus giving it more time to accrue votes. Heck, I peek at the roadmap at least weekly and I don't recall seeing the option to vote for the lattice at all. Time to remedy that.
    • Up x 2
  6. Loegi

Another one: Hossin has a score/view of 0,0276. Lattice on Esamir has a score/view of 0,0371. Amerish has a score/view of 0,0607.

But yes, people should vote on it. But we shouldn't need to tell people to vote on it, people should vote on it naturally actually.

I would like a news post whenever the roadmap's updated actually, even if it's just slightly updated. Just some sort of a message.
  7. Ash87

Fair enough.
  8. Jaeger TR player

UPDATE: A fairer fugged up comparison (post was edited on the same day) .

Infiltrator class update. Posted at the same time as Esamir/Amerish update. Has obtained 463 total votes, 447 for, 16 against. (2:30 PM EST, May 30, 2013).

Esamir voting: 150 total, 118 for, 32 against.
    Amerish voting: 118 total, 98 for, 20 against.

That's a more appropriate comparison since they have both been out for equal quantity of time. The difference is still very telling. To me it means that the Lattice uproar in the main forums are the result of a vocal minority. Any claims to a majority is blatantly unproven.
  9. Loegi

That was posted at March 19, 2 months earlier. Also, a score/view of 0,0092.
  10. Jaeger TR player

Damn, don't know how I fugged that up.
  11. Basti

This thread is brilliant. Really really brilliant.

The statistics you try to make up are so obviosly flawed that there is no need to even debuke them. Holy cow man, you really are desperate.

Let me tell you something about statistics.

You have a total number of X people that will be affected by something, or have a opionion on something. That means Religion, politics, how the game should be changed, whatever.

Obviously, in most cases, asking them all on on what they think is rather difficult, especially if you just want to get a general idea, rather than a perfectly legal result (politics again, voting).

So you take samples. You go out, and ask Random people. The more people you ask, the more likley it is to get to the full truth.

You cant just go out, ask 100 people out of 10000, where 80 people say yes to something, and then claim "but 9900 people didnt say yes!".
    Truth is, the end result will be somewhere close to this: 8000 people say yes, 2000 no. Thats how this stuff works.

And even if your sample size isnt big enough to claim a likley result, like it actually is with the Esamir and Amerish battle flow changes ( some math comes up with around 100k active players total these days, only 150 folks voted on the esamir and amerish topics), then you can still make a claim on the result if there is a hughe difference between folks voting yes and folks voting no.

80% voted yes on Esamir, 82% voted yes on Amerish.

Fact is: The majority of people is for the change. Case closed.
  12. Basti

Ah, and on the topic of the sample group size for both the Amerish and Esamir votes: Yes, they are small, and yes, this isnt good.

Lets see if i can fix that. ;)
  13. UberBonisseur

Forums are a small minority by definition.

Most people I know only care about what's the best gun and how those 5% of accuracy are worth seven bucks.
  14. PhantomOfKrankor

What's that?

Random people.
    Not extrapolating numbers from forum warriors.
    Am I missing something or are you just as guilty of the same thing you are decrying?
  15. Zakuak

Interesting approach.

I quit looking at road map when I saw they put Hossin on the back burner...have not been keeping up in the forum since.
  16. PhiladelphiaCollins

Knock it off already. This is such a stupid premise.
  17. Jube

He's basing his thread completely on the voting numbers which in and of itself is ok.
    The valid point in all this is.....everyone should go and put either a thumbs up or down on the Rooadmap threads regarding this issue.
    That way the dev's get a look at what people really think about the lattice system.

I guess I'll go do that.
  18. Eyeklops

Some of us might prefer to observe Indar's lattice performance for a month or so before we make a vote on the other continents.
  19. PhiladelphiaCollins

No he's not...he's saying that because one thread has 2669 votes for it and the much newer lattice thread has only 100'ish or whatever...that the people both liking and admonishing the system are just part of some insignificant group. When there is no correlation between the voting groups.

It's like saying: 5000 people voted for Coke vs Pepsi, but only 100 voted for Meat vs Vegetables therefore more people drink coke or pepsi than eat meat or vegetables. It does not follow.
  20. Basti

What are you talking about?