The Crown - Post GU09

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EvilKoala, May 24, 2013.

1. WalrusJones

Well, More like a continental capital.

The defenders still supposedly can keep their vehicles in the courtyards.
  2. AssaultPig

RIP the crown, summer 2012 - summer 2013

It's too bad really; it was fun to have one (non-biolab) base in the game where you could always count on a great big fight. It's the only base that it legitimately felt like people got pride/bragging rights from capping, even if it was kind of dumb.

I see why they did it though. With the lattice, it wouldn't be a good look for every push across indar to inevitably end up bottlenecked at the crown. Maybe they could have left it as is and routed lattice lanes around it also.
    • Up x 2
  3. ScrapyardBob

Point B is fine (on the middle/smallest bridge).

Point C is just a poor location. They should have put point C up on the eastern end of the mesa up top, near where the old B capture point was.
  4. Foehunter

The way I see it, the only defenses a base should have that cannot be disabled are the terrain and the walls themselves. All shields should be tied to generators that can be disabled. This gives the defenders a chance to protect their bases from multiple angles of attack, but also allows the attackers a chance to remove that defensive advantage.
    • Up x 2
  5. EvilKoala

So after attempting to defend the crown again with equal numbers, something is definitely not right.. The roles have been reversed. The attackers role in and set up camp around points B and C, then the attackers become the defenders as they wait out the cap timer. Now the defenders have to mount an attack to retake B and C while continuing to defend A from any possible attacks.

So now we have a system in which the defenders must outnumber the attackers to be successful. This is so completely backasswards..
    • Up x 1
  6. Van Dax

7. ScrapyardBob

C is just pointless out there on that bridge. It needs to be moved back up to the eastern side of the mesa up top. And that jump pad needs to be removed as well.
    • Up x 1
  8. AzureKnight

I think the crown should have 2 points on top of the hill. Where point A is now, that should stay, and one should stay inside the tower while the third should be located on the bridge. That way, there'd have to be a fight to cap or defend it. As it stands, it went from a fortified, near impossible to cap defense to the big kid pushing little kids out of a sandbox.
  9. LoneMaverick

Move C back up to the main facility, if you can capture the crown without even seeing the main base something is wrong.

And I fear for what will happen to Fourmside when those 20 foot walls get implemented in Eisamir, I hope they put some of this **** on the PTS before deciding to go live...unlike the Sauron/Enforcer changes/buffs. :eek:
  10. Daibar

i love the change to the crown, no more having my entire faction tied up there, allowing the TR and NC to cap everything around.
    from a tactical point of view, it's great, cliff sides, more points of attack, more flanking options, more sniper options.
    you actually have a way of turning this place into a fight, rather than a slaughter, everyone have to attack at the crown, else they will not win it.

there's no more sitting in a building yelling about how much "fun" you're having.

like i said, i love the change to the crown.
    • Up x 1
  11. ghnurbles

I like the position of A and B, but I think C should be moved to the northern switchback area - it is a far more interesting area than the current one for fights, and it makes the decision of which two points to attack more interesting (at the moment going for B and C is the best option by far, moving them further apart would change that).

Also, I dislike that jump-pad. Any jump-pad that can be used by both sides and can be camped at either end makes for relatively lame combat.
  12. NovaAustralis

^
    This.
  13. thrikerr

The new crown is a lot more fun. It forces you to fight over the entire area rather than throw endless bodies at two entrances.