We wouldn't have a lattice if...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ZoeAlleyne, May 29, 2013.

1. Jestunhi

Easy does not mean quickly.

They are two entirely different words.

:edit:

Ghost capping may not have been the quickest, but it was very easy.
  2. zib1911

He was talking complete drival, yep he was if he wasn't then how come the guy who I quoted liked my post?

I like the way when I call someone out on saying stupid **** Iam in the wrong when you do it your doing a public service, you can go away and stop looking a fool now. thanks.
  3. Vanus Aran

Who decides what is ontopic and what not?
    No one here respects anyone anyway as long as the interests dont overlap.
    • Up x 1
  4. MilitiaMan

Devil Derps.....LMAO!
  5. FateJH

Pseudocode resistance, now.
    Use the code tags.
  6. St0mpy

Thats the problem, it is on topic but the way its bought up or introduced into each thread is never in a way to create healthy discussion.

Its used as a throwaway soundbyte they think smites the opposing opinion like this lolvotable one liner here rather than a potential pro or a con discussed openly without having to imply those not sharing the same opinions are fools or in some way bad players or people.
  7. The Loverator

I see a lazy Camper got pissed off. This Topic has Potential indeed... ...
  8. Rivenshield

/points at sig for the millionth time
  9. The Loverator

I am One of them.

And i will ALWAYS avoid the "Lattice"-Illness, if possible - since it SERIOUSLY ruins the Fun of the Game for me.

"And" i am not motivated anymore, on Indar. I practically became a "Leecher". I don't give "my All" anymore, in Battles.
    I am only playing very inefficiently now, on Indar. Since i am not "very" efficient, by not automatically chase to the Point
    where the Enemy Side attacks,

but Lattice "forces" THOSE Points to be of incredible Importance.

Now i am just a Lone Hacker in Enemy Bases and fly with my Scythe far away from the Front to "pick up" single,
    Enemy Players, who are similar "Lone-Wolfing" as me. As SOON as the Annoyance strikes me, that can rise up, at
    "Lattice-Battlegrounds".

Honestly. Some People are right. We need BOTH!! So People like me can still have Fun on the Game.

My "Freedom" is my Fun. And my "Fun" is NOT lesser important as the Fun of other Players.
  10. Kenny007

SO THESE ARE THE PEOPLE I HAVE TO THANK!?

Thank you, ghost cappers. Thank you, zergererers. Your sacrifice has changed our game for the better. When they erect a Hall of Heroes, I'll be sure to put your names in that little Suggestion Box they always have near the gift shop. It is the least I could do.
    • Up x 1
  11. Blarg20011

Are you Canadian?
  12. zib1911

I see what you did there.
  13. Vanus Aran

But bad player and "people" do exist. They are those complete idiots who can only laugh and gloat over other peoples misfortune and suffering. Ironically the Mods are not doing anything against them. NOTHING. At least the mods close threads that are going too offtopic.
    Just notice:
    The ones who are in the wrong or are utterly weak in general,
    can only remain and succeed in chaos.

This is why many people will simply attack others, crash their topics in hope a Mod closes them to avoid further spam and insults and what not.
    Instead of punishing this cancerous people! Even by doing suggestions and not even criticing ingame-content I got gabbled at in such a tone that I was about to think what kind of arrogant mafia-thugs are even in this community?
    Im extremly disappointed in what has unmasked itself in this community.
    • Up x 1
  14. Rendaw

i love lattice i love grinding fools who couldnt organise their way out of a paper bag
  15. Cl1mh4224rd

I'm wondering that, too. The way people want ghost capping to die, you'd think it let people rake in tons of CP easily, like driving a tank or rocket podding people all day...
  16. Cl1mh4224rd

I'm not convinced that this is true. It's already pretty obvious that capturing facilities, by itself, is an unrewarding activity, both in CP gain and enjoyment.

So, ghost capping happens for a different reason. I think that reason is... simple inertia. Ghost capping happens on the lattice, too, and it's usually the result of Faction A responding to an offensive by Faction B. Often, if Faction A manages to fend off Faction B, Faction B will go somewhere else and Faction A will essentially say, "Well, we're here now, might as well keep going."

This makes no sense. You can't work on your K/D if you're not actually getting into fights.
  17. Boomotang

The only "strategy" I have experienced less of is hunting down groups of 1-5 people taking territory. It's still happened, just not nearly as much. And hunting them down is easier because they can't capture territory in circles.

I've still experienced being cut off. A TR push down to The Old Stockpile was cut off when the Vanu took The Pallisade.

I have still been flanked on a strategic level. While defending a push into CoraMed Labs, the Vanu have split off taking Saurva Bio Lab threatening our Northern Flank. I've flanked the enemy strategically as well. Taking Hvar Tech Plant from it's Northgate Garrison has been helped by another force coming in through the Southgagte Garrison lane.

I've experienced more variety in the form of battles in between bases. I've had more "good" fights in open land in the past few days than the past couple months. Fights that last an hour or more. Where hills and bridges are fought over. A Sunderer is set up on a flank, only to be destroyed by the enemy's counter, so we're forced to to try a different flank.

Just the other day TR was stuck on the pass from Quartz Ridge to Hvar Northgate Garrison. It is a nasty chokepoint which can be used by the defenders if taken advantage of. A squad broke that stalemate by transporting a Sunderer from Allatum Research Lab to the Eastern entrance of Hvar Northgate. We were able to take positions in the towers and take the territory because the main Vanu force was concentrated stopping the advance through the mountain pass.

The actions of a SQUAD changed the tide of the battle!

These aren't just theories. They're all situations which I have actually been a part of. There are no "what ifs" here.

These are great strategic and tactical moves "created by the players" inside of this lattice system, which really isn't that much different from the hex. It just has less connections, which makes certain strategies actually VIABLE. Before it wasn't viable to "push" your army anywhere because the enemy could "maneuver" around to undo what you had taken way too easily. Holding a crucial bridge is an extremely important strategy in real life, and now in this game, which didn't exist before. You still have to manage your forces across your front lines. You just only have to split them into individual platoons instead of squads to do it.

All the lattice does is add "walls", "doors", and "windows" to the hex system. That makes it more interesting, not less. Would you rather fight for spaces in an open warehouse, or one that has walls, doors, and windows? One of people's valid complaints in PS2 is some cap point rooms that are indefensible because they have too many entries. The hex had the same problem.

Now bases like Quartz Ridge and Broken Arch Road are like buffers or "hallways". If the enemy wants to take Indar Excavation Site from the South, or Crossroads Watchtower for the East, they have to get through these buffer zones/defendable points/"hallways". Except they're better or more interesting than a hallway in a building because the whole world is still open and you can still tactically flank these positions.

Tanks blocking the way through Broken Arch Road? Galaxy drop some HAs, AV MAXes, Medics, and Engineers up on the ridges to the East and West, and rain down hell on that defensive armour column.

Once they've taken Indar Excavation or Crossroads Watchtower the attackers have two options giving them the advantage because they decide where the fight goes to next, whether to split up forces or push hard on one option over the other. The strategic and tactical options are even greater than before. Use them!
    • Up x 1
  18. ZoeAlleyne

Let me rephrase then, people ghost cap for easy certs with little risk so as to try to maintain their K/D ratio while seeing big "Base Captured" makes them feel as though they accomplished something. Yes there are more certs in a meatgrinder however the meat getting grinder isn't making many certs.
    You sire should reread your own message then delete it realizing you are doing just this.
  19. ZoeAlleyne

20. Basti

I would assume that was because Indar had a que? :p