Test Release Notes 5.29.2013

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Luperza, May 29, 2013.

1. Ronin Oni

again, why not customize?

They have names

if you can't remember that green is alpha and black is delta...

I think PS2 might be too complicated for you
    • Up x 1
  2. llPendragon

I believe the issue with the Harasser's tires clipping was already released, so this'll be a different one.
  3. llPendragon

Edit:
    Double post.
    I blame the PS2 app.
  4. Fr0sty

for the sake of jesus almighty please change the anchor back and give all the carbines stocks. other than that looks sweet
    • Up x 1
  5. PwNrJoKeR

Most of my post is nonsense that I have no idea what I'm talking about? Please elaborate instead of spieling fourth crap. Oh that's right... you're NC and any issues about NC are irrelevant, right? So it's just nonsense to you. That's why you choose to ignore them. I was making a point that you seemed to dodge because the only issues you're looking at is the ZOE; tunnel vision much? Oh and please stop threatening me with forum guidelines.

As for people flocking to the VS, you are wrong; at least not on Connery. If it's any different on your server, please provide some information. The only reason why there were so much VS the last few days was because of double xp weekend. It has long since passed.

Just logged in to prove a point.
    http://imageshack.us/a/img24/403/screenshot2013052915442.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]

Here is an update on that Alert progress since the first screen shot was only 10 minutes in.
    [IMG]

As you can see here, ZOE is clearly the issue and not population. *cough*
  6. Rhapsody

Haven't gotten on Test yet... but just a thought on this one item.

Make them green instead of white? I can just imagine trying to see these on Esimer.
  7. Torok

white is odd enough already, green doesn't suit it at all neither, i think the default coulour was just fine :eek:
  8. Fr0sty

new update!
    some voices have been changed on characters
    new weapon audio for all non stock faction pistols
    new platinum versions of NS weps
  9. Aiden

Not everything needs to be customizable. Seems like they could just pick better colors in the first place.
  10. Vanon

I'm confused. You said Vanu has lost every single Alert since the release of the patch. 2 sentences later you say that the Alerts you win, you barely won. Are the barely won alerts after GU09? I have a Vanu on Con, i'll admit i dont play him a ton, but the last few alerts i played, VS won with 70% of the map each time. Or did you only barely win when you never won an alert?

Most likely because a phoenix takes 2 shots to take out an ESF and doesn't have the speed or manueverability to hit an ESF.... or lib..... maybie a galaxy if the pilot is drunk. Fractures are hip fire max AV weapons. If your hitting an ESF with those, the ESF pilot pretty much has to be hovering right above him.

Hate to break it to you, but Hacksaws do not increase strafing speed and have an effective range of about 20 meters. Blue's have an effective range of 100~ and do more DPS once you get out of 20 meters range.

Thats not true. First off, it takes 3 direct hits rockets from anything other then a decimator. second, you have to hit the max while it's strafing with increased movement speed. third, it's not 20% increased overall damage. (80 percentage points - 20 percentage points = 60 percentage points). it's 20% more damage after 80% reduction in damage. So basicly on a 100 damage gun, your doing 4 more damage.

If it's so easy to hit a moving target that straifes like infantry, why not show an uncut video of you hitting 2 times in a row at 30 meters out in a battle. I don't actually expect you to, because it's simply not realistic to regularly hit a straifing target with the speed ZoE has. Further more, its not like you can run up to its face, as the blueshifts will tear you apart in less then a second. It's like asking someone to take down an ESF with a rifle. Sure its possible, however how often does it really happen?

I may agree with your point if i didn't see VS control 70% + on alerts regularly, have 2 or 3 content bonus's regularly, and didn't use ZoE max's exclusively to do this. This isnt the same as armor being over powered, this is something that can be rezed and healed, cost's 100 resources, and 150 certs, and is four times as powerful as any infantry, and 2 times as powerful as any other MAX.
    • Up x 1
  11. PwNrJoKeR

Obviously the vanu hasn't lost every single Alert however it sure in the hell felt like it. When your win ration is about 2% you may as well call it nothing. Would you jump to a cliff if your chances of making it to said cliff was 2%? Not to mention, double xp weekend is over and you totally disregarded the screen shots I provided.

Hate it to break it to you but phoenix does one shot a scythe, maybe not directly but it will burn in about 1.5 seconds after being hit. In order to be effective at all with photon pods, it requires you to stop moving to hit SAID target unless you want him to only take half damage with a swoop attack. No one is going to take fire suppression over flares. I've had times where I hear the phoenix coming, I will move and see it far out in front of me then suddenly it hits me anyway, which means the rendering can't keep up with the actual projectile itself. What's the point of cover for vehicles when a phoenix can simply go around corners and hit you anyway while you attempt to repair? So the only solution is to drive X amount of meters away just to repair your tank because no amount of cover will save you from a phoenix.

Yes and in biolabs in my experience, the only things I'M EVER SHOT BY are DECIMATORS. What do you know? And it doesn't seem to be that difficult to hit a bright moving ZOE in close quarters with one, there isn't much to maneuver around in a biolab. ZOE AI isn't really ideal outside because the weapons are incredibly inaccurate where enemy soldiers will keep max distance and take you down. There are about a million things that can kill you outside so why risk that 20% increased damage taken other then being a burster max. Let's not forget every shot the ZOE DOES is a built in flare screaming "HEY GUYS, I'M OVER HERE, FREE KILL." The TR fracture MAX obliterates the ZOE Max. Walking around a corner in biolabs against a shotgun NC Max, still obliterates the ZOE max as well unless they keep distance WHICH IS HOW IT SHOULD BE.

You got jokes saying the VS control 70% of alerts. We've only recently won alerts and that was during double xp weekend and now we only win occasionally. I do think ZOE has contributed to us winning some alerts but not to the extent of being nerfed and having us back down to 2% alert win ratio coupled with a population issue.
  12. Ronin Oni

When it comes to the potential of colorblind, as well as potential for colors to conflict with ones other preference with other options, I'd say why on earth would you not want the option?

Sure, they could pick better defaults. My vote goes to making Charlie white. Brown would work too. I'm up for anything that isn't Red, Blue, or Purple honestly... nor too close to any of them. And preferably distinctive from each other as well.

But that's the thing. I can make them any color I want. And I also know the default colors should some schmuch who doesn't even know Alpha through Delta calls out "Purple 10, you want a ride?" >.<
  13. Solaries

I logged in just to thumb up this.
    • Up x 1
  14. Imago

The ZOE, as us VS affectionately call it, makes our MAX viable. Our MAX simply was worse than yours before. Also, the NC need to stop complaining that the VS MAX is OP, because ScatMAX zergs. It isn't OP, you're just seeing VS MAXes kill you and be infuriating for the first time, whereas we've had to deal with you from the get-go.
    • Up x 1
  15. Imago

Tactics work too. Just sayin'.
    • Up x 1
  16. Kize

After the first 2 or 3 sentences I am just going to again disregard 100% of your nonsense.. and really it is. Here is an example of 90% of all Alerts on our server after GU09. And yeah I just got done being farmed for 3 hours tonight (crashed once that is why picture only has 2hr) by Vanu maxes. Pretty sad too... good battle, hell of a good battle when no VS maxes were being abused then boom everyone gets farmed the second even one of them drops on the battlefield.

Because you are completely ridiculous I circled it and made giant arrows to show you what part is Vanu.. you know because you are probably going to miss it. And again you keep name calling.. I would chill out and just look at facts and have a constructive conversation... otherwise nobody will engage you and they will all simply ignore you and report you for being obnoxious/breaking forum rules.

[IMG]

And Just so you know, I have far more experience than you on both factions (I actually deleted my other Vanu character... too much free experience I felt like I was cheating taking advantage of it).. unlike you I do play both factions. Again, just more evidence I know what I am talking about... that word evidence... must hurt you.

[IMG]

Last but not least you had over an hour left on your alert when you posted your photo. Post a photo of your % being that when it is under 10 and you will have some merit to something you might possibly say. 1hour 30minutes left it may have just been they owned the continent when it started and 100% of each empire was holding you there but after 2 hours you generally understand Goku Mode has been present.
  17. Pokletu

Customizable Squad Colors for Platoons
    Players can now customize their squad colors with a dropdown color picker on each squad name in the platoon management screen
    This is personal/client-side only – platoon leaders don’t pick everyone’s colors

Bothered logging in, just to applaud this.
  18. Aiden

Maybe the best solution is they make it customizable, and pick better defaults.
  19. WinchesterLock

Sounds about right to me. It's been pretty rough on Mattherson the past few days.
    • Up x 2
  20. PwNrJoKeR

You're telling me that your server speaks for all servers? So on my server, the vanu are losing and on yours they are winning so it must, NOT IT HAS TO BE the ZOE max, right? Logic sure does go a long way. I highly doubt you'd level a vanu character past 65 then delete it THEN level another vanu character to 16. Why lie on the forums and say you have more experience then me with Vanu? All this talk about how no one will waste their time with me; yet, why would anyone waste their time with such a blatant, frustrated liar such as yourself? Please, please enlighten me where I have called you a name in my post that you have quoted. Please continue to rant on about forum guidelines, it really is amusing.

I've noticed a pattern with your responses and now the blatant use of giant arrows and constant crying about name calling shows me you have issues that I'd rather not get involved with or want to know about. So, in order to not give you a hernia, I'll stop replying to you. I can see that you're getting rather upset. It's just a debate over the ZOE that I happen to disagree with you about.