The Latticer Disaster, State of the Game, and Tactics of 2 Capture Systems

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Major, May 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metalton

Won't speak for others, but what I'm saying it lattice "restrictions" (saying "restrictions" now because someone always pops up saying the lattice was there in PS1 since the beginning when technically that not's really accurate, and being intentionally misleading) did not save PS1, and it won't save PS2.

The only improvement to lattice "restrictions" in 9 years has been shuffling lattice links and 2 mini-games (a capture-the-flag mini-game for a few bases, and a Capital base mini-game). O' course "mini-games" aren't really an improvement to the lattice.. they could have just as easily added a Planetside Trading Card game, and had a card game duel to determine base ownership.. nothing really to do with "lattice" improvements.. which is now still exactly how it was 9 years ago.. Well, except shuffling the links around once.

Which is where PS2 is going.. a static game you've pretty much played all off the first week, then you move on.

-Met
    • Up x 1
  2. JackOfClubs

I've read up to this post, and I'd like to let you know that you sound like post-ME3 ending Bioware/Bioware defenders.
    Take from that what you will.
  3. Major

You'll see!! This has all happened before, and is happening again, the exactly same way too, it's weird!
    • Up x 1
  4. The Loverator

So i would do, to you ...
    • Up x 1
  5. Basti

So, where exactly is that sheer amount of people?

Uhhh, right! Doesnt exist!
    • Up x 1
  6. Major

Never played it, so I will take nothing from it, /meh,
  7. Major

You'll see!! You'll be lucky to get a LLU, just to keep you occupied on the lattice!!
  8. Basti

Why are you still here then? The gamei s dead for you, stop playing.

Yes, people want quick, rewarding fun. Guess what: The lattices gives that. Log in, choose any of the fights you want, big or small, go in and PLAY! Grab a tank, see how long you can make it in that massive battle over there. Push or defend until you log off. THATS FUN!

Hopping around the map like crazy is not fun, at least not for joe bob who plays alone or in a disorganized outfit. Guess what: THATS THE MAJORITY OF PLAYERS!
  9. Vashyo

How do you know half of the population is enraged and has left? You make conclusions by the vocal forum minority? Your gut tells you that? You consult an oracle?

Where are the merges being discussed? Link please

Looking at the population numbers on steamgraph they've been about the same the past week even with the lattice, heck they're slightly higher than they were last week when we didnt have lattice. http://www.steamgraph.net/index.php...id=218230&from=1365022800000&to=1369861200000 (last 2 months, you can also look at it sine november 20th when the game launched, the numbers have gone down gradually...on the hex-system)

Looking at Sirians planetside 2 hourly population shows player numbers to be about the same level as usual, lattice has not set a record low of players yet. http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php

Looking at the roadmap, large majority (about 80%) of people still want lattice on the other two continents

And on a personal anecdotal level, Indar seems to be full everytime I log in in woodman as long as there isnt an alert on the other continents.

You still talk biased bs without anything to back it up and weren't you supposed to leave the game for 1-2 years and come back to mock the system again?

Both systems wont happen cause it takes too much work to keep em both up and SOE doesnt have the manpower and people don't have the patience, so yeah you got to learn to live with it.
    • Up x 1
  10. chilly154

Do you have any prove that there a lot of people in the game mad over the lattice, When I play there a lot people who are loving it.
  11. Basti

Thats your reply? Really?

A "YOU WILL SEE WHEN ITS TIME, BECAUSE CANT SHOW YOU ANYTHING NOW." ?

Will be fun to watch the population over the next few days now. Wonder how much higher it will be since the latice. Propably not to much, because there are only so many players that can fit on indar. :p
    • Up x 1
  12. Purg

Really? Customer Service 101.

If someone doesn't like lattice, they're more likely to make the effort to have their voice heard. If someone does like lattice, they're less likely to make the effort to have their voice heard. I wouldn't bother starting a thread about an aspect of the game I like or enjoy. I'd probably start one if an aspect of the game was introduced that directly affected my enjoyment of the game. Can you point me to the threads you've started about game mechanics that you liked for no other reason than that you enjoyed them?

You're entitled to not like lattice. You're not entitled to claim you're in the majority when you have no supporting facts to back it up.
    • Up x 3
  13. Vashyo

I dunno the guy's just becoming more like those morning cartoon bad guys who get defeated then say things like "You haven't seen the last of me yet! I will get you!"
    • Up x 1
  14. Basti

Hehehhee.
  15. 0positivo

Fancy that. Our squad of 6 was able to put a screeching halt onto an entire armor zerg, and bog down our enemies into fighting each other. Yes, 6 people actually made a difference in the battlefield

And you know what made that possible? Lattice. We funneled the VS, by luring them to us, into the incoming TR zerg, which we had slowed down with carefully placed minefields. Why is that? Because we were able to predict how they would act
    We were able to deploy behind a Magrider push, and with 2 heavies, take basically all of them down. We stopped counting at 20 magriders
    Once again, why? Because zergs follow the path of least resistance. They see the big glowy line, and forget that the terrain even exists

Just because there is a line there, it DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW IT.

You don't get killed if you go outside of your lane. In fact, because people still don't understand it, you end up in a position where they don't expect you to come, because there is no line telling them to watch out

The freedom is still there. The most stupid comment I've seen is along the lines of "Oh, we're here, doing fine, and we cannot support the nearby base that needs help because we have no connection". ********. There is no unsurmountable ocean. There is no impassable mountain. There is no plasma storm. The terrain is still mostly the same

Just smart up, adapt, and you will see why having rules and playing football is better than just messing around in the courtyard with a ball everyone wants to kick in every direction

That on one side. On the other, there are those who instead really enjoy those big fights. And you know why? It's what the game was advertised to HAVE. I personally signed up for those, and for damn sure, I'm finally getting them

This new system is better in every way. It gives you the massive fights, and it gives you the strategy to make a difference, if you know what you're doing

To quote, "Evolve or perish"
    • Up x 3
  16. Udnknome

So, no metrics... Just complete bunk from the 15 or so people that keep spamming the same posts over and over.

-----You gotta do better than that if you're going to say "the population is down". While your opinion might add value, Your opinion of numbers doesn't mean anything. Gimmie some facts and quit regurgitating other peoples thoughts.

I didn't tell you off before, so you know. I just asked a question... this time, I'm telling you off.
  17. Dingus148

Until your whole faction reaps rewards from offence/defense, defending against lone infiltrators flipping points would be tedious and a waste of good gaming time. Lattice more or less stopped this problem. People complaining about "loss of freedom/strategy" are fools. Now we HAVE strategy. Outflanking now works. Collapsing flanks now works. The game is more strategic than it has ever been. Good riddance, hex.
    • Up x 1
  18. Dervishkid

PS2 only just started with the new system. thier is much work to be done. and while i agree atm it feels limited. they should of added more to it from the start. but hey it;s only on indar atm. you got 2 other places with hex system still to play.

many hate the hex for the reason the alert events show off. poeple farm/guard a small pocket of land. then in the last 40 mins try to avoid dead locks with enemy fighters and ghost the empty hexs for the win.

thing they can add to the system could be ways to force a base to be a vaild cap target, Bonus that can be cut off by outfit group blowing up a Power unit and holding it cutting off say the enemy supply of Tanks or air units ect.

point being thier many things you can do and go with the new system, we just hope SOE going to take them thier.
  19. Spartan 117

All I can say is, if the lattice system is removed I will be leaving with it. We finally have a game mode where people actually have to confront one another to capture a base & now all we hear is b*tching from small outfits who ghost cap around contested areas thinking they were skillful for the past 6 months. Sorry no. Lattice system promotes conflict, hex promotes petty ghostcapping.
    • Up x 3
  20. Febz

To all the hex supporters, I have one question. What could you do with the hex system that can not be done with the lattice system aside from going around pockets of resistance to take outlying bases? I'd like some truly detailed information from those of you that think that the lattice is horrible aside from simple, It took away our freedom! or Tactics are ruined!. How about some actual evidence to support these accusations. As it stands you've given no actual proof to this supposed loss of tactics. Tactics by the way being the ability to adapt and function in a combat scenario, NOT how one plans out a combat scenario. That is strategy, and with lattice strategy has actually been made much more important due to the requirements to flank and counterattack and prepare for these ahead of time if you want to have a proper offensive.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.